Do you believe the Bills are a playoff team in 2017?

No. The main reason being Tyrod Taylor. He has no ability to throw the ball with any consistency.

Until the Bills find a QB that opposing defenses respect/fear they will be a 6-9 win team like they've been the last decade and a half.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:thumbsup:

I think we will be competitive enough to remain in the hunt but I dont see this team making the playoffs.

unless Tom Brady's arm falls off.

Hello Two Bills Drive posters,

My name is Ryan Talbot. I'm a contributing writer at NewYorkUpstate.com. We're looking to get Bills fans more involved in articles and during the team's bye week, we're asking: Are the Bills a playoff team in 2017? If you want to get involved, simply respond with why you believe the Bills are or are not a playoff contender this season. Just a sentence or two will suffice. We'll use a mix of responses from here and on social media so I can't guarantee that every response will be used, but I hope you'll consider providing your thoughts on this topic.

The Defense and Special Teams, the lack of depth notwithstanding, are playoff caliber as shown by good wins over Denver and Atlanta but the Offense with Tyrod Taylor is not capable of being playoff worthy. The running game is a mess, the Offensive line has difficulty blocking for a QB who holds the ball too long, and the WRs don't seem to be able to catch consistently. Arguably, there would be more catches if the QB could throw passes that were not often behind, or above the receiver or simply too low or late (see the Redzone bootleg that came out too late to Logan Thomas last week).

Maybe. The AFC is very spotty. Even undefeated KC had to pull out a few close ones. It just seems like there are no great teams in the conference. Hooray parity I guess?

I await your list of championship teams that didn't have a single close game to win during the regular season.

No. I don't think their QB or offensive weapons are good enough, due to injury and lack of depth, to win the games they will need to get in this year.

I think anything is possible. I didn't give them any chance before the season, but I was pleasantly surprised to see them win a couple early games. It will be very difficult because they have the worst receiving corps in modern history. The defense has been keeping them competitive.

The team has some serious flaws and it is highly unlikely they are a playoff team this year.

No- this team will win 2 more games and thats about it.

That would probably be the most extreme worst case scenario at this point, but I do think we probably finish anywhere between 6-10 to 8-8 when it's all said and done.

The next few game are key because we have been good at home but I think both the Bucs and Raiders (with Carr) are primed to explode offensively and make respective strong runs this year and I don't think we can win these games unless we magically figure out how to move the ball and score points. So don't be surprised if we are sitting at 3-4 very soon heading into the Jets game.

Don't kow, but I do know that Mr. Beane is set up for a spectacular draft. To me, the real question is whether or not he and all of our new scouts are going to knock it out of the park or will this be another draft like Buddy Nix's first draft as our new GM. I think we have a solid coaching staff, but that's not enough. Our roster lacks talent at WR, OL, LB and we need help at RB, CB and the DL.

I get why people worry about the playoffs, due to the drought. I don't care about the playoffs. I care only about when they become genuinely competitive for a championship. I can imagine them sneaking in for a one-and-done as fodder for the good teams. I doubt even that will happen, but I'd give them a 20 - 25% chance, maybe. Means nothing to me, though.

The offense just isn't good enough. Too much pressure on the defense.

I'm really surprised and pleased with the D so far, though.

They just don't have the personnel across the board. I'm willing to wait if they improve the roster as time passes and become a team good enough to threaten for a Lombardi down the road.

Edited by Thurman#1

Hi Ryan, I really enjoy your balanced reporting on the team. In short, no, they are not good enough to make the playoffs due to their lack of skill players on offense. This team was simply not built to win this year.

However the BIG NEWS is although the patriots will probably still win the division by default it appears we are finally witnessing their decline as a whole.

Who are the sure playoff teams in your opinion?

This " Offense" is in shambles.

The D will wear down as the season goes on.

I know I'm about to get the " Hot Take" criticism but for me it is that simple.

I don't confuse what I want with what is. We are on pace to have a sub-30 Offense.