A question about moving to new message board software

SDS

Odds are I will keep all of the content. But that's just my current preference.

It looks like there is a shout box add-on already developed so hopefully it has the proper functionality that everyone wants to see.

I would also prefer having old posts available in some fashion but its not a huge deal if you dont want to.

Also, keep the format of the board simple. I understand some people may like embedded pics and videos but those shouldnt clutter the page. I personally come here for the text content and save for the pics of All-22 , I dont see any value in the memes etc.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, so am I understanding correctly, ALL of our accounts will go to having zero posts?? Just want to make sure I'm not mis-understanding...

It took me TWELVE years to get to 1,000 posts!!

Edited by smuvtalker

On second thought, there are a few threads on OTW that might be worth saving. I'm thinking of the cooking threads e.g., Sous Vide, and Pizza and the What Show to Watch Next threads have some info that would be missed. Anyway to put those in a Penseive for posterity?

Save a few of the memorable threads . RETATTA FOREVER!!!!

I would suggest that those 4.5 million posts represent a critical historical record of the Bills' unprecedented 17-year playoff drought that we should make every effort, for the sake of posterity, to get rid of.

Dilly, dilly!!!

I would suggest that those 4.5 million posts represent a critical historical record of the Bills' unprecedented 17-year playoff drought that we should make every effort, for the sake of posterity, to get rid of.

Yes this..Great idea DC Tom

Planning migrations? Who does that. Back it up and wing it.

The airlines do it all the time, what could go wrong??

Wait, so am I understanding correctly, ALL of our accounts will go to having zero posts?? Just want to make sure I'm not mis-understanding...

It took me TWELVE years to get to 1,000 posts!!

Yes, but on the bright side all the "warnings" will zero out too!