Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

People with old fashioned attitudes are incredibly easy to leapfrog in the workplace. Keep being yourselves!

Interesting career development strategy.

@kavithadavidson

Clarification from Dannon on Cam, per @darrenrovell

DLY6PiCUEAASsD2.jpg

Surprised Neuwirth ended up at Dannon so quickly. I thought he'd kick around the league a few more years. And I don't like the high and mighty act. 100% he has heard and said worse in the locker room.

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As an aside Cam seems like he's lost in outer space during that press conference... maybe even generally in press conferences...

What's the deal with that?

My initial take, aside from the fact it was a stupid comment, was that if I look up root, or route on one of these slang dictionaries, I'm going to find it is slang for something that made Cam think he was being clever and funny...

This is definitely sexist, but (regardless of the sportswriter) something really bothers me when reporters force their way to become the story. I'm in Charlotte. She's written like three pieces about it now, her colleague wrote a story about it, she's all over twitter repeating it, walking through the steps of approaching Cam after the conference and walking away while telling him her name that he couldn't remember. Just report sports. All of these reporters get beat up by athletes. Your job is to report about inconsequential sports games, and the majority of the information you gain is platitudes that aren't even relevant.

Exactly.

She knows about route running. Does that answer your question?

PHYSICALITY of route running. She can tell when somebody is enjoying it too. Whatever the heck that means.

This is definitely sexist, but (regardless of the sportswriter) something really bothers me when reporters force their way to become the story. I'm in Charlotte. She's written like three pieces about it now, her colleague wrote a story about it, she's all over twitter repeating it, walking through the steps of approaching Cam after the conference and walking away while telling him her name that he couldn't remember. Just report sports. All of these reporters get beat up by athletes. Your job is to report about inconsequential sports games, and the majority of the information you gain is platitudes that aren't even relevant.

i agree on that too. He's a jerk but she shouldn't milk it (not a yogurt pun) (ok maybe a yogurt pun)

She's definitely an opportunist. She seems to enjoy that she's getting a lot of attention. Typical woman ;)

Why did Dannon ever think Cam would boost yogurt sales in the first place?

What is it about Cam that makes you male millennials seek yogurt?

Ideas?

He doesn't do it for me like John Stamos I'll tell you that much

Lots of dinosaurs here. Just like in real life.

My wife was recruited out of college by IBM to be a programmer. She was the only female in the recruited group. Her entire career she was paid less than the men whose programs she would have to fix, because some of them were clueless.

She was often not taken seriously because she was a good-looking woman. This behavior didn't make her real happy.

In this thread, we see some with the same stupid attitude that she often encountered. When called on it, they lash out and call the rest of us feminists or something similar.

It's all looked at differently by the dinosaurs when it's their wife or daughter that is treated that way. The dinosaurs are insecure, afraid, little children who can't distinguish between a macho idiot and a man.

My wife was recruited out of college by IBM to be a programmer. She was the only female in the recruited group. Her entire career she was paid less than the men whose programs she would have to fix, because some of them were clueless.

She was often not taken seriously because she was a good-looking woman. This behavior didn't make her real happy.

Well if she didn't like it she should have stayed home and cleaned.

In this thread, we see some with the same stupid attitude that she often encountered. When called on it, they lash out and call the rest of us feminists or something similar.

It's all looked at differently by the dinosaurs when it's their wife or daughter that is treated that way. The dinosaurs are insecure, afraid, little children who can't distinguish between a macho idiot and a man.

There are definitely some angry folks on the wrong side of history, holding onto their rapidly-eroding status of being in the cultural driver's seat. If all you have going for you is that you're a white male - you need to work on yourself. It's not society's fault.

All of that said - Cam is a moron.

Edited by Coach Tuesday

And more people now work for IBM in India than they do here.

Yeah... And wait till somebody's highly qualified son can't get a job over a lower qualified person that is considered @ "disadvantage."

That's when things get really angry. Social engineering always has a consequence.