Cam Newton under fire for comment toward female reporter

YoloinOhio

• Replies 416
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain women certainly are just eye candy no doubt, but there are a few who know there stuff.

Best example that comes to mind is Jessica Mendoza for ESPN. Beautiful woman who is extremely knowledgeable when it comes to baseball. I can tolerate women in sports as long as they know whats what.

I don't mind women in sports.

But let's be real. They find hot chicks. They teach them what they need to know. They coach them on what to say. And, because they are professionals, they learn.

I would bet my son's life on the fact that ZERO of the women on TV for football, were football enthusiasts growing up. They're entertainers and they've learned their parts.

They don't know schit about running routes and Cam Newton knows it.

Should he have said it? Perhaps not. Perhaps so.

I applaud him, personally.

It's easy to see how harassment situations are involved in that.

I don't agree with such a large fine. Seems a bit absurd. It's definitely grounds for dismissal, based on the situation, which is a hefty fine by itself in most cases.

I don't mind women in sports.

But let's be real. They find hot chicks. They teach them what they need to know. They coach them on what to say. And, because they are professionals, they learn.

I would bet my son's life on the fact that ZERO of the women on TV for football, were football enthusiasts growing up. They're entertainers and they've learned their parts.

They don't know schit about running routes and Cam Newton knows it.

Should he have said it? Perhaps not. Perhaps so.

I applaud him, personally.

I tend to agree with you up until the last two lines. I just think its one of those things that doesnt need to be said. As men we all know that because they havent played the sport but is it really a necessary comment? Shes just doing her job and making a paycheck.

I also agree with Augie, keep women out of the locker rooms. Youre asking for problems if you have them around a bunch of testosterone driven superhumans.

I predict this Cam Newton thing will not end quickly or well.

Can't wait to see all the sports writers who go to twitter to tell us how to think about this topic. Ain't so SJW like a sports-writing SJW.

Naah. Being black is still at least two notches above women on the SJW peaking order. Therefore instead of this being national news had it been Kirk Cousins or Jay Cutler, this will blow over in a day or two with barely a mention outside of the sports bubble.