Bills were reportedly shopping Adolphus Washington

YoloinOhio

I'm good with 3-1 and virtually two drafts next year! :)

3-1 is great. Players let go for draft picks in lower rounds isn't likely to net similarly talented players. The goal needs to be the playoffs then the Super Bowl . Even the current players know that can't get too high on a 3-1 record. Bills teams have posted similar records in the recent past, only to fizzle out.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Iirc, wasn't Washington a healthy scratch for one of the last games of last year, due to 'not practicing very well'. And that was by Anthony Lynn. Work ethic or attitude might be the 'problem'.

Seems a shame, tbh, as he's certainly flashed ability, but if he doesn't want it bad enough, then he will be gone, possibly even just cut, if we have need of roster space.

Well this is silly if true, unless for a WR which it doesn't sound like it is. There will be literally no players of note from the 2016 draft remaining. No team can afford to just flush an entire draft.

Well, if it's crap,what else are you supposed to do with it?

Trying to be funny,hope it worked. Seriously, I'm happy with what we've gotten in return for some of the players we 'flushed' down the toilet. Couple of contributers and we now have a ton of picks.

I wouldn't doubt this is true since McD/Beane seem dead set on purging this roster, it's also very telling as to why Dareus is still here because no team out there is dumb enough to trade for him even if we were willing to take a 7th round pick.

At present though Beane needs to focus on how to tweak this roster and prepare for a potential playoff and stop worrying about dumping Whaley players.

3-1 is great. Players let go for draft picks in lower rounds isn't likely to net similarly talented players. The goal needs to be the playoffs then the Super Bowl . Even the current players know that can't get too high on a 3-1 record. Bills teams have posted similar records in the recent past, only to fizzle out.

Four games is FAR from a season, but I'm pretty happy at this point. I'm sure they have a lot of trust in their own scouts, and I think THAT will be a real test going forward. We need to be able to capitalize on all these picks they have gathered, this year and every year. You can't afford $100 million dollar guys who don't dominate games.

Do you have a link for that?

Beano and McDerma are some of the most closed minded people I have ever seen. Never have I seen a new regime come in and dump so many previous players.

Of course if they keep winning 3 out of 4, none of that will matter, and we will just need to accept an occasional cut of a talented player.

I wouldn't doubt this is true since McD/Beane seem dead set on purging this roster, it's also very telling as to why Dareus is still here because no team out there is dumb enough to trade for him even if we were willing to take a 7th round pick.

At present though Beane needs to focus on how to tweak this roster and prepare for a potential playoff and stop worrying about dumping Whaley players.

Switching tunes?

What happened to WE NEED TO START PETERMAN! WE ARE KILLING HIS DEVELOPMENT BY SITTING HIM!

Iirc, wasn't Washington a healthy scratch for one of the last games of last year, due to 'not practicing very well'. And that was by Anthony Lynn. Work ethic or attitude might be the 'problem'.

Seems a shame, tbh, as he's certainly flashed ability, but if he doesn't want it bad enough, then he will be gone, possibly even just cut, if we have need of roster space.

yes that's right

Adolphus Washington, DT, Buffalo Bills

An exec said Washington was available during camp for a fifth-round choice, as the Bills plotted their future under new coaching and personnel staffs. A 2016 third-round choice, Washington was suspended for his final college game at Ohio State and then was acquitted of a weapons charge while with the Bills this past summer.

"I just think with [bills defensive tackle] Kyle Williams being so old, it could be hard to trade him," an insider said. "Plus, they have a good thing going right now."

On the other hand, the Bills have not been shy about using trades to reshape their roster, having sent Sammy Watkins to the Rams and Ronald Darby to the Eagles before the season.

Any WR on that list?

So, if he is as great as many are stating...why didn't any of the other 31 teams trade a lowly 5th rounder for him?

Honestly he's JAG.

Because he was arrested on gun charges?

That might make some teams scared.

Teams value picks wayyyy more than players... we got a third for lynch lmao

There is an OVER ABUNDANCE OF PLAYERS IN THE LEAGUE... and a shortage of QBs

Teams would rather stick with their own than trade for a guy they might not be able to coach