Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

Knew he was a gamer. Will be best QB out of this class.

No you didnt. Nobody knows on QBs. You may have guessed it. Had a hunch. But you didnt know. If you really did know for sure Id fire up that resume. NFL GMs make big bucks. You could probably easily make a million a year once your entire rookie draft class propels your team to a superbowl victory and and all seven or eight guys you drafted are ALL PRO their rookie season.

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked Watson a ton coming out and wanted the Bills to snag him in the draft at 10. Had Trub-Watson-Mahomes in that order.

I moved on when the new FO wanted to trade down. Only time will tell, not worth jumping off a bridge as we sit here 3-1.

Edited by Real McCoy

Watson is off to the best start of any rookie QB ever.

pretty much back to back 300 yards games and we just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-1 because of are Def not because

of offense. So let's just keep passing on QB Mahomes, Watson

Russell Wilson, Carr the list goes on and on.

Watson is talented. No doubt. He also has two fast and reliable WR's in Fuller and Hopkins. The Bills wanted to solidfy their defense with this draft and possibly look for a QB next season where they have a boat load of picks. The Bills offense is not built to have gaudy passing numbers. The Bills Oline is inconsistant in pass protection. If Watson was on the Bills I doubt you see him putting up these numbers.

pretty much back to back 300 yards games and we just keep passing on QBs. We're 3-1 because of are Def not because

Go order your Watson jersey. Do us all a favor and scurry off.

He didn't throw for 300 yards.

He is not a franchise QB.

They should cut him now and focus on the draft.

The funny thing is the Texans are claiming that he is still the backup when Savage comes back

The Texans are one of the few teams where one could make a legit case they have screwed up the QB position worse than the Bills.

It would be incredible if they benched him for Savage after the showings he's had, but then again...this IS the Texans.

-they had TJ Yates starting a playoff game for them (due to injury, granted, but couldn't they have scrounged around for someone better?)

-they failed to plan for Schaub not returning after a severe injury that historically can need >1 surgery

-they tried to replace Schaub with Mallet, Fitzpatrick, Hoyer, and Osweiler (BIG contract)

Frankly, if Watson turns out OK it would be the first lucky QB move they've had in a decade.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan

Here! Here! I think Watson is HOF material based on his first four games, too ... along with such phenoms as Nick Foles, Brock Osweiler, and all the other assorted rookie/second QBs who looked great -- until DCs figured out their weaknesses.

Okay...it's okay then.

I used to get slammed off of Popov plastic bottle vodka. I got so sick one night on it that I still can't drink vodka today. This was like 15 years ago.

On my 18th birthday I got sick on Vodka

On my 19th birthday I got sick on Tequila

On my 20th birthday I got sick on Rum

On my 21st birthday I got sick on Whiskey

On my 22nd birthday I gave up booze (38 years and 9 days ago) not beer although I hardly drink beer nowadays. maybe a Daiquiri or Margarita

Give me Oaklahoma QB Baker Mayfield and will be talking playoffs every year. He is taylor made for western NY. Blue Collar

player with a attitude.

except for he will amount to absolutely nothing in the NFL. He's not good enough unfortunately.

I can not blame McDermott for passing on a QB at #10 in this draft.

The way everything played out with the draft and what happened immediately afterwards, I think it's pretty clear he had a GM + an entire scouting & personnel staff that he did not have much trust or faith in.

When McDermott took over the team he said that the job was available for a reason. He said usually when a team fires people that means it's "sick" and you have to examine everything, find the problem and then have the courage to fix it. He obviously diagnosed the GM and his staff as part of that "sickness".

He was barely a few months into a job that he worked tirelessly the past 2 decades to earn so I can understand why he wouldn't want to basically bet his entire head coaching career on a top 10 drafted QB (that he'd be tied to for years) under those circumstances. Especially when he (most likely) knew that he wouldn't be tied to that front office staff and changes would be made right after the draft to bring in a people he trusted.

Let's see what happens over the next few seasons before we declare passing on Watson a mistake. Same with Mahomes, who hasn't even played a game yet. We've seen plenty of QBs have a good stretch of games or a good season (or even two).

The true test comes when coaches have a bunch of tape on a player and can design a game plan on all their tendencies +"weaknesses etc.