Deshawn Watson is better then Tyrod. Yes I said it

They didnt whiff if the plan was to get a qb in this next draft.....in fact they set themselves up for that by accumulating picks AND getting a possible defensive rookie of the year in Tre WHite

I know this isnt a popular opinion....but the fact of the matter is Gilmore was gone.....Tre White is actually a better replacement.....and we have 2 first round picks this next year.

Have to give this staff a chance to biuld their team

As of right now they have officially whiffed. 10 extra Td's would help this terrible offense immensely

Picks 15 and 30 won't get the "can't miss" qb

Edited by Game Manager

• Replies 499
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buffalo Barbarian the bottom of your posts or signature is exactly why will never win you are expecting us to wait until 2019 to get Darnold. Your joking right.

That's just a hope but I want to win in the process. I would be happy with Rosen or Rudolph this year , I'm just not a superfan of them like I am with Darnold.

Cleveland has shown tanking is the wrong way to go. McBean have the right idea; win now win latter.

With this staff, even if we had picked Watson he'd still be sitting on the bench in favor of Tyrod.

Probably true sadly. I'm willing to bet Taylor will be nothing more than a backup the rest of his career after we cut him in the offseason.

Prolonging the inevitable is simply the Bills way.

Watson has been very impressive, much better than I thought he would be. But best rookie QB ever? He has a shot at it. Certainly been very that dam good. But I think we need to see exactly how the rest of the season plays out before we anoint him the next big QB the Bills missed out on. Tyrod has been pretty effective this season given the circumstances. Plenty of football left to play.

If there's one thing the NFL has an abundance of, it is defensive coordinators who learn very, very quickly. Every time offensive football inserts a new wrinkle into the game, it usually takes only a year or two before the coordinators figure it out and shut it down (stuff like the wildcat comes to mind).

The same can be true with sensational rookies. Once they get enough film on Watson to learn his NFL tendencies and develop game plans, then we can accurately judge his body of QB play.

Having Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller would probably help the offense too, no?

It does, unquestionably. Although a week after I ate crow on Fuller (I was not particularly high on him coming out or through his rookie year) he dropped two absolute gimme long balls by Watson that hit him right in the hands yesterday, one of which was a walk in touchdown if he caught it. There was a rumour we waiver claimed Bruce Ellington as well when the 49ers let him go.... he went to the Jets, failed a physical was released then the Texans picked him up. He is their number 3 and would be our best receiver at the moment while Matthews is out.

But Watson is playing well and he is still improving. Will he have down moments over the course of this year? Of course he will. Will he make mistakes and throw picks forcing balls? Yep. But he is gifted with the one thing a winning Quarterback needs. A short memory... and he has already displayed that.

Give me a break for the last few years the Texans had Hopkins and Fuller and they struggled to put over 20 points a game. Then Watson comes along and there averaging like 34 points a game. Stop making excuses for the Bills and not drafting a QB at the 10 spot in the last draft. It just looks bad when that happened. Also the Browns have no excuse either. They had picks 1 and 12, So they draft there Def stud at one. Then what do they do they trade out of the 12 spot with the Texans and then Houston drafts Watson. Just like the Bills not taking a QB at 10 and the Chiefs then take Mahomes. I still stand by my thoughts that Mahomes will be a franchise game changing QB. He was the best QB in preseason. He will get his chance. I'm tired of waiting. If Darnold stays in college. There is really 3 QB's worth taking. I expect are picks to be like 20 and 30 next draft. There are far to many teams that need QB's that will take those QB's and no they will not trade there pick for our 2 number ones. They need the QB and it's not worth trading with the Bills and losing that franchise QB. Your nothing without one. We had are chance we had the 10th pick in the draft and we decided to trade out to the end of the first round. Just like will have in the next draft. So Tyrod has 7 TDs and Watson 17 and Watson has played a game and a half less then Tyrod. So stop making excuse that the Bills passed on these QB's. If we had Watson we would be undefeated.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Having Deandre Hopkins and Will Fuller would probably help the offense too, no?

So Osweiler ans Savage should have been doing what Watson is doing?

Do we keep Watkins if Watson is drafted? Does Boldin not retire? We really need to stop making excuses, and draft a QB early.

Do we keep Watkins if Watson is drafted? Does Boldin not retire? We really need to stop making excuses, and draft a QB early.

Or in the second round like Carr. Or the fourth round like Prescott. And so on.

Do the absolute best scouting you can, then pick the guy you think will be the best out there, not just draft one high and before he should come out just to appease folks.

I was hoping they'd take Watson. They didn't. They did get a CB that is playing great for a rookie and could be a fixture in the D for years to come. Good, but of course not as good as getting a QB that is your guy for years to come assuming Watson fits that bill.

This league is about one thing and that's having a franchise QB. Teams that don't fail. You don't get one unless you draft one. The Bills had there chance and passed on this group. So now we pay the price and Hoston and Chiefs get the spoils of a new Franchise QB. Why do you think those teams traded up. They new what they were doing. Unlike the Bills. How many CB are we going to keep drafting in the 1st round. I love White great pick but I would rather have the QB first.

Edited by Thurmanator 12074

Theoretically yes, but based on Taylor's past who knows ?

Too much passiveness, that's not a trait Watson has at all.

Actually no it isnt a "who knows" scenario

Go back and look at the games where Tyrod had his full compliment of receivers. It would definately help.

Take the hate glasses off for just a second

- No those qbs probably do not because Watson looks to to have a much higher floor.....

- Do we keep Watkins? Who knows he was oft hurt and wanted a ton of money.....does Boldin retire? Who knows?

I have nothing against drafting a qb early and in fact i think they will......but lets not act like we have the crystal ball here on these things

This league is about one thing and that's having a franchise QB. Teams that don't fail. You don't get one unless you draft one. The Bills had there chance and passed on this group. So now we pay the price and Hoston and Chiefs get the spoils of a new Franchise QB. Why do you think those teams traded up. They new what they were doing. Unlike the Bills. How many CB are we going to keep drafting in the 1st round. I love White great pick but I would rather have the QB first.

Did I not just say above I wish they'd taken Watson?

Actually no it isnt a "who knows" scenario

Go back and look at the games where Tyrod had his full compliment of receivers. It would definately help.

Take the hate glasses off for just a second

- No those qbs probably do not because Watson looks to to have a much higher floor.....

- Do we keep Watkins? Who knows he was oft hurt and wanted a ton of money.....does Boldin retire? Who knows?

I have nothing against drafting a qb early and in fact i think they will......but lets not act like we have the crystal ball here on these things

Watson will easily eclipse 2015 TT numbers.