I wonder where the professional TT haters are now?

Still here. Last week was Tyrod Taylor's ceiling. He is what he is: a glorified game manager who occasionally makes incredible plays with his legs. What he's not is a guy who can bring you back from 14 down in the fourth. We could do worse. We could also do a lot better.

Would you rather have Jameis Winston? Seriously.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He did alittle more then usual last week but still far from what id like to see out of my QB. You can gush about his QB rating all you want, when you dont turn over the ball because of a safe throw mentality its always gonna be relatively high. When he starts involving our WRs into our offense on a more regular basis, lets see what happens.... Nice win though. He did what needed to be done.

Still here. Last week was Tyrod Taylor's ceiling. He is what he is: a glorified game manager who occasionally makes incredible plays with his legs. What he's not is a guy who can bring you back from 14 down in the fourth. We could do worse. We could also do a lot better.

Yet he brought them back numerous times 14 down in the second Miami game in 2016, where the defense failed. And ST. Should have been a W. Not his fault.

And imagine if he had a competent RT & a #1 WR !!

TT haters can't admit he is getting this offense to move even when no #1 WR, his 2 OTs are now Jordan Mills & a rookie and Shady getting no holes to run.

WGR has brainwashed much of WNY to hate on TT and why often we have to get better evaluations from outside the local koolaid tank.

Yet he brought them back numerous times 14 down in the second Miami game in 2016, where the defense failed. And ST. Should have been a W. Not his fault.

Believe me, there is a lot more games where our O had the opportunity to win and came up short under Tyrod. When we have the ball late in games and need a score to win, Taylor rarely leads us to the win.

Yeah, we had opportunities to win against Miami and came up short because of other peoples mistakes. Yeah, Taylor put us in position to score during that game. Still hard to forget the other ones we lost just because of that ONE game against Miami.

Believe me, there is a lot more games where our O had the opportunity to win and came up short under Tyrod. When we have the ball late in games and need a score to win, Taylor rarely leads us to the win.

Yeah, we had opportunities to win against Miami and came up short because of other peoples mistakes. Yeah, Taylor put us in position to score during that game. Still hard to forget the other ones we lost just because of that ONE game against Miami.

This defense last season, Bills are in the playoffs. No doubt about it.

A common trait of the TT haters - they cannot seem to understand the defense in 2017 was absolutely awful.

A defense that:

gave up 3 200 yrd+ running games - 240, 261 & 256 (thats almost 1/4 of your games giving up that on the ground)

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

This is another example of the divisiveness that pulls America apart.

Why throw stones with words like "psychopathy" and "narcissism"?

Why look for ways to divide us by seeing Bills fans as either Tyrod-lovers or Tyrod-haters?

However we evaluate Tyrod's skill set, we're all Bills-lovers and the Bills are 3-1 at the quarter mark. Why not enjoy the good start and find ways to reinforce our Bills fraternity?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...

Yes the defense was bad the last 2 seasons. That does not change the number of times Taylor had the ball in hand late in games and down one score and he couldnt get the job done.

Our D is carrying this team right now, that doesnt make Taylor any better at playing his position. Were winning, im happy with that, but you need to always be looking to improve. Taylor and our 29th ranked offense needs to improve.

You can blame everybody you want. Lots of blame to go around for numerous years. Our passing game is bad. Its not all Taylors fault, but hes a part of the problem which you fail to recognize

Edited by BananaB

Knowing their psychopathy and narcissism, they will problem say something like "give it time" and are still secretly hoping he will fail.

But it's nice now they are gone and eating crow and huge amounts of humble pie.

What is a professional TT hater? Why try to divide Bills fans that might have different opinions?

I think 99% (or hope) of us care about W's.

Edited by Real McCoy

If Taylor was leading this team to some scoring drives late in close games, its quite possible we sneak into the playoffs that past 2 years. Just saying, its all hypothetical.

This is another example of the divisiveness that pulls America apart.

Why throw stones with words like "psychopathy" and "narcissism"?

Why look for ways to divide us by seeing Bills fans as either Tyrod-lovers or Tyrod-haters?

However we evaluate Tyrod's skill set, we're all Bills-lovers and the Bills are 3-1 at the quarter mark. Why not enjoy the good start and find ways to reinforce our Bills fraternity?

We few, we happy few, we band of brothers...

...WELL stated bud.......this hate crap is is about as obnoxious, ignorant and asinine as it can get......as you said, evaluate his skill set constructively whether affirmative or negative....ignorance is bliss and there are a plenty blissful....the laughable part is the resulting azul pelotas about 300 yd passing games....this ain't Air Coryell and TT ain't Fouts......Belichick talks about "all three phases of the game".....the amazing resurgence of the defense (yet go back and look at the TBD "experts" who said Frazier was nothing more than a glorified DB Coach) in such a short time has Bflo winning that phase.....as far as ST, "Money Steve"='nuff said........and Taylor is putting up pedestrian numbers, making progress along with Dennison as they grow the system and is getting the "W's"....ten would be a nice round number.......what the hell ELSE do people want?......Jesus, I do hope SDS wipes out the 4.5 million posts to get rid of the garbage.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

If Taylor was leading this team to some scoring drives late in close games, its quite possible we sneak into the playoffs that past 2 years. Just saying, its all hypothetical.

Going into week 15 last season this team ranked 8th in the NFL in scoring. How many "scoring drives" does TT have to lead exactly? Sorry that we didng have the #1 offense in the NFL. If that's youre standard, youre going to be sitting on your hands quite a bit.

And dont give me the nonsense of but but but he didnt score on the final drive. If youve already scored 30+ points and its the 4th quarter, the game should be won by then. 10 points in the 1st quarter count exactly the same as 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Theres 3 facets of football, not just Tyrod with the ball in his hands with a chance to win. This isnt a 1 on 1 pickup basketball game at the park.

Edited by bobobonators

He did alittle more then usual last week but still far from what id like to see out of my QB. You can gush about his QB rating all you want, when you dont turn over the ball because of a safe throw mentality its always gonna be relatively high. When he starts involving our WRs into our offense on a more regular basis, lets see what happens.... Nice win though. He did what needed to be done.

What WR's ?

What is a professional TT hater? Why try to divide Bills fans that might have different opinions?

I think 99% (or hope) of us care about W's.

....I'm not the brightest bulb in the lighting store, but how do you HATE someone you don't even know or who has never PERSONALLY wronged you?............seriously..............

Going into week 15 last season this team ranked 8th in the NFL in scoring. How many "scoring drives" does TT have to lead exactly? Sorry that we didng have the #1 offense in the NFL. If that's youre standard, youre going to be sitting on your hands quite a bit.

And dont give me the nonsense of but but but he didnt score on the final drive. If youve already scored 30+ points and its the 4th quarter, the game should be won by then. 10 points in the 1st quarter count exactly the same as 10 points in the 4th quarter.

Theres 3 facets of football, not just Tyrod with the ball in his hands with a chance to win. This isnt a 1 on 1 pickup basketball game at the park.

No but if the ball IS in his hands he needs to get it done. And more often than not he doesn't.

Fine. And if the ball is in Shady's hands then he must break a 40yd TD run to win the game. If not, he sucks.

...LOL.....kinda like if TT is <300 yds passing, he sucks.....we have "sucks" all over the place.......yet 3-1 ....prolly sucks too..........

Remember passing yards win games, not touchdowns

Correct. That was a major point of emphasis last season. Thank you for bringing it up again. Passing yards win games in the NFL. Thats why Drew Brees is eternally 7-9, and TT has won more games than Brees the last 2+yrs.

Still here. I'm not a "hater," of Tyrod, but I certainly don't think he's very good. He's a decent starter who on rare occasions can make a few plays. Sometimes he can even throw for 200+ yards, hit open receivers, and pass to the WR position!

Fine. And if the ball is in Shady's hands then he must break a 40yd TD run to win the game. If not, he sucks.

So stupid! The QB play late in games is so valuable. Look at the Super Bowl winning QBs throughout history. Because Taylor isnt very good in these situations you are trying to downplay its importance.

Still here. I'm not a "hater," of Tyrod, but I certainly don't think he's very good. He's a decent starter who on rare occasions can make a few plays. Sometimes he can even throw for 200+ yards, hit open receivers, and pass to the WR position!

I like this

No but I'd rather have Carson wentz

Wentz has never come back from a 14 point deficit. He's never won a game where the opponent scored more than 24 points. His 2 wins where the opponent scored exactly 24 points, those 2 teams currently have a combined 0-8 record, and the Eagles beat them by a combined 5 total points, including one win with a 61 yard field goal as time expired.

Is that the guy that's impressed you more than Tyrod has? Or were you thinking of someone else?

Edited by HappyDays

Wentz has never come back from a 14 point deficit. He's never won a game where the opponent scored more than 24 points. His 2 wins where the opponent scored exactly 24 points, those 2 teams currently have a combined 0-8 record, and the Eagles beat them by a combined 5 total points, including one win with a 61 yard field goal as time expired.

Is that the guy that's impressed you more than Tyrod has? Or were you thinking of someone else?

Grass is greener syndrome.

I suppose we'll see long term who the better QB is.

But he has six 300 yard games. Clearly he is better. Of course he only has 2 wins out of those 6.

As of last season, Tyrod was 1-13, or something close, in games where we fell behind even a single point in the 4th quarter. If at any point during the entire 4th quarter the opponent got a lead, we lost. I remember that stat being rattled off countless times by broadcasters every time the opponent took a 4th quarter lead.

So it's not like Tyrod has some impressive record leading us from behind to victory. In fact, history shows that he's unable to bring us back from even the slightest deficits. There's virtually no margin for error when Tyrod is QB. We HAVE to stay extremely close all game for us have a chance. He cannot will us to victory on his arm & through the air.

Edited by BigDingus

As of last season, Tyrod was 1-13, or something close, in games where we fell behind even a single point in the 4th quarter. If at any point during the entire 4th quarter the opponent got a lead, we lost. I remember that stat being rattled off countless times by broadcasters every time the opponent took a 4th quarter lead.

So it's not like Tyrod has some impressive record leading us from behind to victory. In fact, history shows that he's unable to bring us back from even the slightest deficits. There's virtually no margin for error when Tyrod is QB. We HAVE to stay extremely close all game for us have a chance. He cannot will us to victory on his arm & through the air.

Lmao. Again with these statements full of hyperbole. This isnt a one-on-one basketball game.

If "willing" teams to victory with your arm was a thing, Brees would be 16-0 every year.

Which we " professional haters" feel is a pretty important ability to have in a starting QB.

If the bar is: "Can manage an elite rushing offense and not make throws that have ANY chance of being picked." He's AWESOME.

If the bar is, pre snap reads, post snap reads, anticipate throws consistently...... Meh

Edited by Buffalo Boy