Deshaun Watson Donates Game Check

BillsfanAZ

I just saw an NFL and United Way commercial highlighting the charity efforts of a few players in the league. Two of the guys I know for sure took a knee on Sunday. I'm so confused; are they sons of bitches or good Americans??

The most powerful man on the planet called them sons of bitches so that must be what they are.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It really bothers me that people feel compelled to tell athletes how to spend their time/money...., just because this has been made public, doesn't mean others don't do similar acts privately, or with less fanfare.

Yep. And Dunn is a perfect example. An excellent football player who's been retired for a while now and somehow NOW is the first time I am hearing about how generous he has been over his career?

Yep. And Dunn is a perfect example. An excellent football player who's been retired for a while now and somehow NOW is the first time I am hearing about how generous he has been over his career?

Just shows you what the media determines as news worthy and what is not. I think their should be a bigger spot light on selfless acts of kindness from people in general.

Just shows you what the media determines as news worthy and what is not. I think their should be a bigger spot light on selfless acts of kindness from people in general.

The Dunn story has gotten a ton of coverage. How many times can you tell it? It's pleasant, but after 1-2 features there's only so much to say

I understand what you are saying, but I think putting a spot light on selfless acts is kinda contradictory. Some people don't want or need the spotlight.

And it kinda is the news media's job to determine newsworthy stories, you can judge if they do it well or not, but it's their job.

I think more is being said about the division this has caused rather than the issue. Talking about the divide is what sells news, not offering ways to mend. Most of the players took a knee in response to what Trump said, not social issues. I dont see how taking a knee is changing anything but everyone has their own opinion. I dont have anything bad to say about Kap...he has donated quite a lot of money including proceeds from jersey sales. I just think he isnt a good QB and he wants to start somewhere so he is sitting at home. According to Ray Lewis the Ravens were looking at signing Kap when Flacco got hurt until Kaps girlfriend posted a pic of Lewis and the Ravens owner comparing them to Django.

The knee get the conversation going. The fact that POTUS said anything about means its working. Us having this discussion, A Rodgers last nights post game comments. ect. Like it or not, the goal was to raise awareness and get the conversation going and it has.

The knee get the conversation going. The fact that POTUS said anything about means its working. Us having this discussion, A Rodgers last nights post game comments. ect. Like it or not, the goal was to raise awareness and get the conversation going and it has.

I love that our leader is so patriotic that he made fun of McCain for being a POW. Funny how people ignore this and pretend like kneeling football players are the worst thing in this country.

I love that our leader is so patriotic that he made fun of McCain for being a POW. Funny how people ignore this and pretend like kneeling football players are the worst thing in this country.

Both of these posts need to be repeated.

Edited by elroy16

This isnt Bills related but I think it is worth posting about. I think more players should put their money where their mouth is. Hats off to Deshaun Watson for donating his first game check to three ladies hit hard by the hurricane. Instead of protesting, go out and make a bigger difference in the community so your message can be heard.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/deshaun-watson-gives-game-check-to-workers-hit-hard-by-hurricane-harvey/

I agree. It was nice to see Watson do this. That's a class act move.

But to be fair, many many NFL players donate to charities and help out in their communities.

Here's a list of just some of the Buffalo Bills players charitable efforts. It is similar with most other NFL teams, too. NFL players are more active in charitable efforts and in their communities than many people realize.

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2017/9/24/16355250/buffalo-bills-players-support-charities-lesean-mccoy-lorenzo-alexander-colin-kaepernick

Edit - here's another list I found with a quick google search. This was the very first result that came up -

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/9/29/16375378/nfl-players-charity-donations-jj-watt-hurricane-harvey-patrick-peterson-foundation

Edited by BillsFan4