Ramon Humber anyone?

Navin

i'd say he'll end up grading out as a B by the end of the year, which is great considering he was essentially a freebie. Had a great Jets game, so-so Panthers and looked pretty good against Denver.

For me the excitement is in the d-backs. 100% turnover and might end up a top 5 defensive backfield, overpaying for nobody.

....which if I remember correctly was a TBD consensus of MAJOR concern.......and that concern has become a surprise......White rebounded nicely in the 2nd....

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

freebie is right. Most of us couldn't view him as a starter.

90% of people didn't even know who Lorenzo Alexander was when we signed him, let alone saw him as a starter.

Same with EJ Gaines

It's why they don't work for the Bills...

Every player in the NFL is talented. 90% of them never find the right scheme fit to make themselves successful. It's why you take undrafted players and have a pro personnel department

Lots of gems to be found

90% of people didn't even know who Lorenzo Alexander was when we signed him, let alone saw him as a starter.

Same with EJ Gaines

Every player in the NFL is talented. 90% of them never find the right scheme fit to make themselves successful. It's why you take undrafted players and have a pro personnel department

Lots of gems to be found

...Kyle in the 5th....Whaley picking up Alexander......this Humber kid or even Yarbrough.....Worthy returning from injury could show something after good re-season.......an astute shopper finds value and so far, so good..............yes missteps will happen............

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

I really don't think that this is true.

well, you might not think it's true but I know it has to be true

Same with EJ Gaines

Lots of gems to be found

no, that is not true. I read right here that EJ Manuel is not talented

Really? I think he's been the in weak link on the defense. That whiff on the Newton scramble is probably the worst play I've seen a LB make in a little while.

Newton is great in open space on the run. His legs were fine, it was his shoulder.

I do agree that others are playing better and although he has good numbers, he's upgradeable IMO. One of the only positions I wish we were better.

Edited by r00tabaga

...Kyle in the 5th....Whaley picking up Alexander......this Humber kid or even Yarbrough.....Worthy returning from injury could show something after good re-season.......an astute shopper finds value and so far, so good..............yes missteps will happen............

Exactly my friend. You don't stay around the league for 10+ years like Alexander without being a very hard worker and a good football player. It just took the right team to find his place

Lots of guys will play average to bad in one sytsten but be above average to great in another.

That's why schemes exist in football. Because every coach thinks that their way is the best. For some players it might be, for others not so much...

I will say we have had an excellent pro personnel department here for the last 4-5 years...

Lorenzo, Zach brown, Corey graham, incognito, Humber, Yarbrough, mike gillislee, Hyde, they ( Whaley included) found some nice guys

I have noticed Humber make a lot of good plays, but also every time the opposing RB makes a gash run through the middle of the D, it's because Humber guessed wrong and ran to the wrong spot, leaving the middle vacant. Usually he's just adding his body to a big scrum, not really contributing even if the RB was trying to go there. But if there's a gap someplace else and the RB takes it, it's 12 yards and a first down and a safety making a tackle, every time.

Having said that, that's probably two or three times a game that that happens. Lots of good plays otherwise. On balance he's doing very well.

Edited by Utah John

Exactly my friend. You don't stay around the league for 10+ years like Alexander without being a very hard worker and a good football player. It just took the right team to find his place

Lots of guys will play average to bad in one sytsten but be above average to great in another.

That's why schemes exist in football. Because every coach thinks that their way is the best. For some players it might be, for others not so much...

I will say we have had an excellent pro personnel department here for the last 4-5 years...

Lorenzo, Zach brown, Corey graham, incognito, Humber, Yarbrough, mike gillislee, Hyde, they ( Whaley included) found some nice guys

...he certainly did.....was immensely impressed with Alexander wanting to come back to Buffalo, "my type of town" for himself and family....and a locker room force....hated the Richie signing because I doubted him turning the corner and he sure as hell did....that's why OBD doesn't need me and I exist as a doofy poster...I know my place.............

...he certainly did.....was immensely impressed with Alexander wanting to come back to Buffalo, "my type of town" for himself and family....and a locker room force....hated the Richie signing because I doubted him turning the corner and he sure as hell did....that's why OBD doesn't need me and I exist as a doofy poster...I know my place.............

And that's why you're one of my favorites my friend. All the way back to BBMB you have been the most humble poster

When you are constantly noticing someone on TV during the game it is usually because 1 reason.

They are being targeted hard. The gameplan is to go at them and see if they can hang. Humber has been targeted very heavily all 3 games. Making some plays and missing some

Poyer has been targeted a lot all 3 games as well and is holding it down . They may start moving away from Poyer and go to attacking Humber more

Tre got tested last week, had a rough start and finished Strong. If I'm attacking anyone on the defense it is Humber

agreed. its all about match ups in todays NFL. While he may just be holding his own... I'm happy with that from a .... where is he from again?

I haven't actually seen Hughes drop in coverage once this year. He's playing a traditional 4-3 end and not 3-4 OLB like he was with Rex. I focus on on our defensive line every game....

Yea I can't say with 100% certainty that Jerry hasn't dropped this year but I definitely haven't noticed it.

Last 2 years definitely, this year not so sure

Most 43 ends don't drop in coverage often

Lolita has balled his azz off all year. He did look bad on the Newton play, but he was in a no-win there. Hit Cam OB, PF for 15 yards. When Cam cut back inside, he tried the backle, but his name not being Donte Whitner, it failed miserably. Other than that one play, he's been pretty much lights out. I love how he doesn't just tackle, he punishes. He likes nothing better than ragdolling a WR or RB into next week. I LOVE how this guy plays.