Justin Timberlake to be Super Bowl half time performer?

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would say "typically unimaginative of the NFL", if it weren't for the the fact that the NFL requires SB halftime performers to "pay-to-play". Last I heard, performers were required to pay between $250K- $300K for the privilege of gracing the field at half time. Hell, it's a good marketing investment. But this is the reason we see used-to-be-kind-of-OK retread performers (with enough capital to pony up) as opposed to something we haven't seen before.

But alas, if, as CNN reports, most Americans don't understand what the NFL athletes are protesting (social injustice and an idiot president - not disrespect of our fine military men and women), then how in Lord's name could they be expected to tell the difference between good music and the tripe served up by our inimitable millennial pop-culture.

Fortunately, the extended SB halftime will allow me the chance to deep fry another 20 wings and avoid halftime altogether.

• 4 weeks later...

"Bring it all down to Footballville!!"

These skits always make me laugh. Weirdly they were hard to find on youtube.

I have a soft spot for Timberlake. When my daughter was an infant his music would always calm her down. I have a video of her screaming inconsolably and my wife turns it on. She is silent and smiling in less than 30 seconds. He will always be okay in my book for that reason :lol:

These skits always make me laugh. Weirdly they were hard to find on youtube.

I have a soft spot for Timberlake. When my daughter was an infant his music would always calm her down. I have a video of her screaming inconsolably and my wife turns it on. She is silent and smiling in less than 30 seconds. He will always be okay in my book for that reason :lol:

Fewer things are more soothing to a baby girl than her daddy's voice. :w00t:

Maybe a tribute to Prince?

Prince was the most unexpected, spontaneous, and superb Halftime performance I've ever seen (better than MJ's). Normally the performers play condensed versions of their greatest hits. Prince did some great cover songs of Queen, Hendrix and the Foo Fighters, guitar solo's (which are rare in SB halftime shows), and concluded with Purple Rain in a downpour. Sadly, it was the best part of the Superbowl that year.

Edited by Doc Brown

Prince was the most unexpected, spontaneous, and superb Halftime performance I've ever seen (better than MJ's). Normally the performers play condensed versions of their greatest hits. Prince did some great cover songs of Queen, Hendrix and the Foo Fighters, guitar solo's (which are rare in SB halftime shows), and concluded with Purple Rain in a downpour. Sadly, it was the best part of the Superbowl that year.

Nothing .... EVER ... will even come close to Prince's halftime show.

There's not even a close second, nor will the ever be.

But if anyone's gonna get remotely close .. it could be JT.