Justin Timberlake to be Super Bowl half time performer?

Justin Timberlake has talent, but hes that guy that you don't miss if hes not around!

How about Kings of Leon or Metallica or just replay the two greatest half time shows ever: Petty and Prince

The one shot for Metallica was SB 50 because it was in the Bay Area where they are from and it would've been kick a$$. Andddddd instead they wimped out by going with Coldplay and friends which was godawful.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one shot for Metallica was SB 50 because it was in the Bay Area where they are from and it would've been kick a$$. Andddddd instead they wimped out by going with Coldplay and friends which was godawful.

The Coldplay halftime, in my opinion, was the worst ever. I'd rather see Up With People.

Houston not have George Strait was the greatest slight and mistake ever.

It would have been hands down, the best half time ever and probably most watched

I still cant tell if youre serious or being one of the most unfunny trolls ever...either way, just stop

I still cant tell if youre serious or being one of the most unfunny trolls ever...either way, just stop

you must realize how much of a following exists for George Strait. This is 100% serious.

When the dancing homo Timberlake outsells him, get back to me. Otherwise, you and gugny take your Timberlake poster and a bottle of lotion and sit out back.

PS. Even TayTay and Garth have outdone that little pimplefart

Edited by Boyst62

you must realize how much of a following exists for George Strait. This is 100% serious.

When the dancing homo Timberlake outsells him, get back to me. Otherwise, you and gugny take your Timberlake poster and a bottle of lotion and sit out back.

What makes you think I'm going to share my lotion with him? Or my poster.

I listen to all music. Been to classic rock, country, rap, pop and other concerts but I would hate a country concert at the super bowl, especially George Strait. I want something to get me amped up not prepare me to get lowered into a coffin. It's football haha. Loved Lady Gaga, she was dancing, singing, had a great inclusive message and overall just did a nice job. She grabbed a lot of different audiences with her song choices. Strait is not a performer, not gonna dance, not gonna blow anyone away singing. Personally, I'd turn the tv off and talk with my company than listen to him. Too old. Need something modern, not from when you were a kid. Gaga was great because she was in her prime.

I'm a Dead fan and listen to just about everything outside of that music as well. It's not George Strait ....and then everything else sucks ya know. Timberlake has talent and will probably hit home to a bigger audience than a country singer. That's really all the NFL cares about.

I'm a Dead fan and listen to just about everything outside of that music as well. It's not George Strait ....and then everything else sucks ya know. Timberlake has talent and will probably hit home to a bigger audience than a country singer. That's really all the NFL cares about.

combined with radio, concert sales and album sales country is the strongest genre in the country. i think you doubt its power.

country music essentially blows right now, but pre-2003 it was hands down the best genre out there for a while. in the 90's it ruled every chart out there.

and the NFL tries to rope in an audience that would never tune in elsewise, which is all they've ever done. they pander to a crowd that elsewise might not - last year with lady gaga they pandered to the LBGTWUFF:EPW:EK:WLFWE7 group. this year they're going to try to lure in all the cheeseballs.

combined with radio, concert sales and album sales country is the strongest genre in the country. i think you doubt its power.

country music essentially blows right now, but pre-2003 it was hands down the best genre out there for a while. in the 90's it ruled every chart out there.

and the NFL tries to rope in an audience that would never tune in elsewise, which is all they've ever done. they pander to a crowd that elsewise might not - last year with lady gaga they pandered to the LBGTWUFF:EPW:EK:WLFWE7 group. this year they're going to try to lure in all the cheeseballs.

Then go get a hotty like new country type singer Carrie Underwood..not George Strait. People watch halftime to be entertained and see something out of the ordinary (or eye candy), not for some tv concert. It's so funny how people get so riled up over the music choice - it's freaking halftime.

Then go get a hotty like new country type singer Carrie Underwood..not George Strait. People watch halftime to be entertained and see something out of the ordinary (or eye candy), not for some tv concert. It's so funny how people get so riled up over the music choice - it's freaking halftime.

i'm not at all riled up over the halftime show. i just would prefer music over the dross that has been the halftime show since... maybe MJ.

elton john would be a cool halftime show, come to think of it.