I'm a Taylor Fan........ But again 213 yards passing

Billsfan1972

The second Miami game last season, most blame the defense/ST as why we lost. Those who blame TT, the few, are the agenda driven ones. The Crushers, XRush, Shady guy, and a few others stick together on this. Now they are getting brave as the Atlanta game draws near, because it will probably be a loss, and they are chomping at the bit for that, it seems. And once again, none of us who support TT have ever said he is the long term answer, and yet XRush keeps repeating this, and this Shady poster, who has me blocked keeps saying it too. The Mods need to limit these types of dishonest posts, not only for me, but for many others as well. Clearly something is wrong when the majority of us were very happy with that win against Denver, and the few have some twisted agenda going on.

My way of describing it is this :

The Pro-TT guys think the glass is half-full.

The Ant-TT guys deny there's a drop of water in the glass, deny the glass exists, deny there's a universe for the glass to sit in.

No one suggests Mr. Taylor is heading for Canton, or he solves the Bill's long term qb needs. That includes all his supporters. They just say he's played better than some give him credit for and still has a potential upside. Sorry, people, but that ain't a radical view.

Meanwhile, it's common for the haters to say Taylor isn't even a starting quarterback - hell, isn't even a quarterback at all, but a running back in disguise. Whether that's a "radical view" or not, who knows? The bigger problem is it's counterfactual and brain-dead stupid. Most of the heat generated in the Great Tyrod Message Board Wars comes from haters trolling and supporters taking the bait. Since trolls will always be among ye (to paraphrase scripture), I guess we just need to stop taking the bait.

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Ant-TT guys deny there's a drop of water in the glass, deny the glass exists, deny there's a universe for the glass to sit in.

No one suggests Mr. Taylor is heading for Canton, or he solves the Bill's long term qb needs. That includes all his supporters. They just say he's played better than some give him credit for and still has a potential upside. Sorry, people, but that ain't a radical view.

Meanwhile, it's common for the haters to say Taylor isn't even a starting quarterback - hell, isn't even a quarterback at all, but a running back in disguise. Whether that's a "radical view" or not, who knows? The bigger problem is it's counterfactual and brain-dead stupid. Most of the heat generated in the Great Tyrod Message Board Wars comes from haters trolling and supporters taking the bait. Since trolls will always be among ye (to paraphrase scripture), I guess we just need to stop taking the bait.

the bolded made me chuckle and its spot on.

Isn't a game winning drive a defact comeback?

Being Tied at the Beginning of the 4h QTR IMO isn't a comeback.

Why were the Bills down to the 2 win Titans at that time in 2015?

Why were the Bills down to JAX in the first place in 2016?

Why weren't the Bills able to put the game away in OT vs Miami when they had (what) 2 or 3 tries to score before Miami got a FG at the end the OT quarter with less than 30 seconds remaining.

Not to me. A game winning drive is the drive that that ends a tight game. A comeback can have a game winning drive. It obviously would need to have one, but that doesn't mean a game winning drive is necessarily a comeback.

If you guys are talking about the Houston game two years ago.. I agree that was not a comeback, but Taylor had a game winning drive.

Same reason any other team is down against any other team in the NFL.

Same reason any other team is down against any other team in the NFL.

Multiple reasons. First the game should have been put away before overtime happened. Special teams and defense allowed Miami a tying score in 27 seconds is unacceptable. It should end right here. Again the game should have been put away on the first drive of overtime. Who the hell calls Reggie Bush's number on 2nd and 12? Unacceptable playcall. Then our kicker misses a chip shot field goal. Sure Miami could have scored on their first drive I guess... but they didn't, so likely that kicked should have ended it. They had one more try and the started at their own 4. Taylor was driving then had a tipped pass at the line on 3rd and 2. That sometimes happens. Bills elected to be dumb and punt.

IMO anyone blaming Taylor for losing the Miami game is out of their minds and has a clear agenda. Taylor played out of his mind that game and it was one of his best games as a Bill. I don't mind people that think he is average or maybe even a bit below average. I don't mind people wanting a better QB that we can call a franchise QB like Carr or someone. I don't think there is a fan out there that doesn't. Calling Taylor horrible, acting like he is the worst QB in the league, and blaming him for games where he clearly had a very good game is just way over the top to me.

Taylor is average to me. Better than a lot of QBs. Worse than a lot of QBs. This team could do a lot worse than Taylor. A lot worse.

Edited by Scott7975

The second Miami game last season, most blame the defense/ST as why we lost. Those who blame TT, the few, are the agenda driven ones. The Crushers, XRush, Shady guy, and a few others stick together on this. Now they are getting brave as the Atlanta game draws near, because it will probably be a loss, and they are chomping at the bit for that, it seems. And once again, none of us who support TT have ever said he is the long term answer, and yet XRush keeps repeating this, and this Shady poster, who has me blocked keeps saying it too. The Mods need to limit these types of dishonest posts, not only for me, but for many others as well. Clearly something is wrong when the majority of us were very happy with that win against Denver, and the few have some twisted agenda going on.

And these same posters have said that TT has never had a fourth quarter comeback, when he has. When proved wrong, then it becomes "why was a fourth quarter comeback needed". They contradict themselves and can't keep track of what they post.

Not true. I may be in the extreme minority, but I feel he is the long-term answer here. And I believe he'll prove it over the next 13 games. If and when he does, I hope the Bills FO is smart enough to look beyond the fact he isn't a few inches taller, slower and white. Which seems like a sticking point among many on this board.

He's actually really good when you look at what he's done in context, and the fact that this is just his third year starting. Not sure why his detractors point to four years of sitting on the bench in Baltimore. He started as many games there as did everyone on this board.

And a hearty LOL at the guy comparing him to Ryan f'n Fitzpatrick.

Edited by QB Bills

Did you add the part where the Anti-TT people claim that they aren't being negative just real? Or when they are called out on they play the victim? That would cover all the bases I think. I haven't read through all of this thread but I am willing to bet this is the case

This sums it up.

Not true. I may be in the extreme minority, but I feel he is the long-term answer here. And I believe he'll prove it over the next 13 games. If and when he does, I hope the Bills FO is smart enough to look beyond the fact he isn't a few inches taller, slower and white. Which seems like a sticking point among many on this board.

He's actually really good when you look at what he's done in context, and the fact that this is just his third year starting. Not sure why his detractors point to four years of sitting on the bench in Baltimore. He started as many games there as did everyone on this board.

And a hearty LOL at the guy comparing him to Ryan f'n Fitzpatrick.

We'll see how he does the next 13.

If TT threw for 350 yards and they lost, he'd get blamed because he didn't throw for 400

...we call it "damned if you do damned if you don't"......despite my waning years, I seem to remember a 4,000 yd passing season was a pretty good benchmark........so with his new Dennison relationship and hoping it continues to show improvement like last week, we're talking an average of 250 yds per week over 16 games.....why the hell NOT hope the kid can succeed and hit that target?...Buffalo WILL draft a QB in the 2018 1st round regardless......10 wins, a wild card berth and 250 yds/wk average works for me..........but then again, I'm older than dirt.............

...we call it "damned if you do damned if you don't"......despite my waning years, I seem to remember a 4,000 yd passing season was a pretty good benchmark........so with his new Dennison relationship and hoping it continues to show improvement like last week, we're talking an average of 250 yds per week over 16 games.....why the hell NOT hope the kid can succeed and hit that target?...Buffalo WILL draft a QB in the 2018 1st round regardless......10 wins, a wild card berth and 250 yds/wk average works for me..........but then again, I'm older than dirt.............

We get that and a QB in 2018, that is a success.

I started the thread and support TT. I repeat I am a fan of his and think he is a good QB, who could be great in the proper situation.

I put 90% of the blame on the coaching he's received, lousy offensive schemes, bad play calling and a ridiculously conservative offense. Any close game and it is almost always being too conservative and getting in that position.

The Bills have played some very good games and then it is a blowout. Tight games they seldom pull out and the fact that they are incapable of passing for 300 yards is a fact.

Can someone tell me the last time they came back from 14 down?

What I can't stand is it seems they set up this offense to fail and made trades to that end.

And yes in the offense 213 yards passing at home is reason to throw a parade!!!!!

Edited by Billsfan1972

We get that and a QB in 2018, that is a success.

...hell even 220 yds/wk average is 3,520.......if you want to be more conservative as far as your expectations...add in averaging 125 yds/wk on the ground and you're talking an offense producing 5,500+ yds....not too bad right?........

...hell even 220 yds/wk average is 3,520.......if you want to be more conservative as far as your expectations...add in averaging 125 yds/wk on the ground and you're talking an offense producing 5,500+ yds....not too bad right?........

not at all.

Which was the 7-9 Bills 2016 Offense.

Sure and the Bears 1985 defense and they win the Superbowl.........

Edited by Billsfan1972

You and I remember when football was football

You and I remember when football was football

...hell if if he averaged 225 yds/game, that's 3,600....and if 125 yds avg/wk on the ground and your offense is at 5,600 yds....5,600 yds of offense coupled with the way this defense is playing may result in that unfamiliar "P" word.....uh oh.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

There's a former Bills QB who TT reminds me of in many ways. Doug Flutie. Short. Focused on moving the chains, keeping the ball, getting first downs, staying in good down and distance situations. Pretty good passer, not elite. Supremely athletic and elusive.

Flutie took the Bills to the playoffs in 1999, the last time they made it. We can argue forever about whether they would have beaten the Titans if Flutie had played instead of Rob Johnson, but the point I'm making is, he got us there to begin with. There's no reason to think TT can't do it too.

I told a friend of mine before the Bills-Titans playoff that I thought the winner would be going to the Super Bowl, and I was right. That Bills team had a better defense and more offensive weapons. Next year the Bills will be loaded up and ready to go. I don't see any reason to assume our saviour QB will come in as a rookie and beat out TT and take the more loaded Bills team to the playoffs. I'm comfortable with Taylor until someone clearly and honestly beats him out.

There's a former Bills QB who TT reminds me of in many ways. Doug Flutie. Short. Focused on moving the chains, keeping the ball, getting first downs, staying in good down and distance situations. Pretty good passer, not elite. Supremely athletic and elusive.

Flutie took the Bills to the playoffs in 1999, the last time they made it. We can argue forever about whether they would have beaten the Titans if Flutie had played instead of Rob Johnson, but the point I'm making is, he got us there to begin with. There's no reason to think TT can't do it too.

I told a friend of mine before the Bills-Titans playoff that I thought the winner would be going to the Super Bowl, and I was right. That Bills team had a better defense and more offensive weapons. Next year the Bills will be loaded up and ready to go. I don't see any reason to assume our saviour QB will come in as a rookie and beat out TT and take the more loaded Bills team to the playoffs. I'm comfortable with Taylor until someone clearly and honestly beats him out.

..pretty darn good analogy......plenty of mention today about Flutie yesteryear......so why if they are similar is Taylor so reviled?......no cereal box?........

Again he played well. That is not the point. He holds on to the ball and doesn't make mistakes.

But yes you need to be capable of 300 yards passing games to be successful in the long run. Name me a team in the last 15 years who was successful with a pop-gun pass attack.

The point is I think TT is capable of it, but they traded away his best weapon and this yes was a typical Bills win where they are never down more then 1 score.

Yep the D really exposed Trevor Symien.......

And how often have we seen that in the last 5 years?

And before someone mentions the Miami OT loss (took OT to get 300)......... Only 300 yards game as a Bill.....

35 games and one over 300.....

I love destroying bs.

Ok first things first.

Taylor has started 32 games for the bills.

The other 4 year span with 14 games had him throw a total of 35 passes. Lost a little respect over tour sensationalism there.

Next where is it stated that 300 yards is a requirement to be a competent, winning, and successful qb in the league?

Little less emotion little more truth.