YoloinOhio

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

SI.com

Man Quits Buffalo Bills Stadium Job After Protests During National Anthem

https://www.si.com/nfl/2017/09/25/national-anthem-protests-buffalo-bills-stadium-employee-quits

Nice story, dude.

The guy's a bailiff during the week (and a Republican, not that there's anything wrong with that). We're at 11:24 and counting on his 15 minutes...

I understand free speech, but is this topic really the hill you wish to die on? I have a hard time with that part of it.

Well, honestly, as a 30 year employee he was probably going to retire soon anyway. But leaving this way serves his belief set. Just my opinion on the situation.

Yep. And being inside a court room every day during the week, he can brush up on his in-depth understanding of the Constitution and Bill of Rights...

I think he firmly understands his rights as he exercised him. God damn, people throw a fit over the dumbest ****.

Everyone wanted peaceful protests, they got that. Now everyone wants blood.

Can we just get back to football?

I think its safe to say that the majority of this country feels as this fella does. As well as Alejandro Villenueva. Hence Trump was elected, and still supported, despite his very unpolitical words and behavior at times.

Two wrongs don't make a right...but don't disrespect the national anthem or the flag. For the record, knowing that the majority of citizens are pro- country/pro- flag, why is it that we didn't see this type or severity of protest during the former presidency? Is it because true patriots accept the fact that they may disagree with the current policy of the land, but show enough self restraint to draw the line when it comes to supporting the country/ vets/ democracy? I believe that whole heartedly. I hope this settles down without much more divisivness sooner rather than later.

Problems in this country? Sure. But in the words of Marv Levy, Where else would you rather be than right here, right now. In the greatest land in the world, bar none. We aint perfect, but our tolerance is the only thing that seperates us from many other lands. Respect THAT firstly, and then let's iron out the wrinkles of inequality