30-yr employee quits Bills stadium job after Sunday's events

YoloinOhio

I wonder if he was one year from retirement and could have collected a pension?

Nah, these are just gas money jobs that guys do on the side.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/pushed-to-my-limit-stadium-worker-quits-after-bills-protest-anthem/

"Nikischer, however, still has another gig to fall back on, according to his Facebook profile, which indicates he’s employed as a court officer for New York state courts. Lucian Chalfen, director of public information for the court system, confirmed Monday that Nikischer has been employed by the court system since 2007 and now works as a court officer in Buffalo, earning $75,389 annually."

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is what he said: “During the national anthem…the song that is about our country, our veterans that fight and die for us, it's just something I feel you shouldn't disrespect that way,” he said. "I believe people have the right to protest; I just don't believe that's the proper venue for it.

I don't have an issue with what he said or did.

People buy tickets to watch a game.

People don't give a rat's patootie about what players think, feel, or care about.

It's grandstanding... or grand kneeling and won't accomplish anything positive wrt changing anything.

http://nypost.com/2017/09/25/pushed-to-my-limit-stadium-worker-quits-after-bills-protest-anthem/

"Nikischer, however, still has another gig to fall back on, according to his Facebook profile, which indicates hes employed as a court officer for New York state courts. Lucian Chalfen, director of public information for the court system, confirmed Monday that Nikischer has been employed by the court system since 2007 and now works as a court officer in Buffalo, earning $75,389 annually."

So basically he took a knee and ran out the clock on his stadium job?

I think he firmly understands his rights as he exercised him. God damn, people throw a fit over the dumbest ****.

Everyone wanted peaceful protests, they got that. Now everyone wants blood.

Can we just get back to football?

His rights are his rights. And no fit here.

Just pointing out that this isn't some 'everyman' who doesn't perhaps have his own agenda. He sure sourced a lot of media coverage for some poor beer pushing schlub nobody's ever heard of...

His rights are his rights. And no fit here.

Just pointing out that this isn't some 'everyman' who doesn't perhaps have his own agenda. He sure sourced a lot of media coverage for some poor beer pushing schlub nobody's ever heard of...

who he is doesn't matter one bit to the story. Not anymore than it does for Kaepernick, Kelly, Etc.

Offended by lack of respect by privelaged players showing disrespect to our nation by kneeling during our National Anthem

Sooo...exercising freedom of speech then.

The privileged take is hot stuff. All of these guys clearly grew up in the rich burbs and could have never possibly experienced poverty or bigotry firsthand.

Nice story, dude.

The guy's a bailiff during the week (and a Republican, not that there's anything wrong with that). We're at 11:24 and counting on his 15 minutes...

Are you kidding? He's going to be hailed a hero by the right. Guest spots on Fox News, GoFundMe page definitely, a White House invitation, and eventually a run for Congress. Meet the new Joe the Plumber.

"Nikischer, however, still has another gig to fall back on, according to his Facebook profile, which indicates he’s employed as a court officer for New York state courts. Lucian Chalfen, director of public information for the court system, confirmed Monday that Nikischer has been employed by the court system since 2007 and now works as a court officer in Buffalo, earning $75,389 annually."

So this wasn't a big deal where it needed to be a story on SI. He wouldn't have done it if this Bills job was his only source of income.

At least he got the attention he wanted.

Sooo...exercising freedom of speech then.

The privileged take is hot stuff. All of these guys clearly grew up in the rich burbs and could have never possibly experienced poverty or bigotry firsthand.

Wtf are you talking about? It's his right. Regardless of his life history. Im merely pointing out that thats why he quit. Due to players' protests of the Anthem. No more, no less.

It IS a privelage to make millions for playing a game!Said nothing about how they grew up. Thats the !@#$8ng problem here..bunch of he said/she said/ uninformed tyraids that only make matters worse..smfh

Edited by BuffAlone

I'm tired of all the "in your face" type protests.. People are certainly entitled to their personal feelings but places of employment, and also entertainment venues are neither the time or place for them. Protest as an individual all that you want but don't hide behind a mob, or place of employment to represent your views as those of an otherwise disinterested group.

Re: privilege.

No matter where these guys came from they all worked hard to get to the league. Nothing was handed to any of them.

I cant fault those who came from nothing for using their platform to try to make positive changes.

Just stating the fact...its a privelage to have that profession. As far as "positive" change goes...thats in the eye of the beholder. It don't seem very positive at this point. Fuel to the fire IMO