Remember when everyone thought Bruce Arians was a genius?

eball

Seems like such a short time ago, and wow, is this guy bad. Just brutal gameday coaching last night. Lucked out early on a terrible 4th down play call, horrible clock management, and one of the worst challenges I've ever seen. I was shocked to learn the Cardinals have gone for it on 4th down the fewest of any teams since 2012 also.

I wonder if he keeps his job past the season if the Cards don't make the playoffs.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a good coach, but last night wasn't a positive reflection on his decision making.

That's an understatement. One of the worst coached games I recall seeing. And he couldn't scheme something to negate a 3-man pass rush? It was brutal.

They need to move on from Carson Palmer

Unfortunately, O29, right now they are ahead of us in the draft.

If we make the playoffs I will be thrilled. If we don't, and we pick someplace like 10th and can't move up, it is going to get ugly around here when the qbs start rolling off the board.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts

I only watched the first half. But Arizona's first drive was impressive. Shortly thereafter, Dallas dropped everyone into coverage and only rushed 3-4 players. Somehow, Arizona didn't make any adjustments and got demolished.

Not sure how the second half played out, but the final score makes me think Arizona failed to make good adjustments.

It was shocking because for the first quarter, Arizona was a juggernaut. I think they put up close to 140 yards in the first half with 13.5+ minutes in TOP. Then, a holding call wiped out a touchdown and their kicker missed a chip shot. There was nothing Arians could do about that, but it's crazy how much pressure Dallas got with a three man rush. Even then, Larry Fitz played out of his mind. But then they would go to throwing two yards behind the line and getting stuffed while the deep ball was working.

The Cards are the NFC team I follow.

They got old *quick*. The team still employs Karlos Dansby.

Palmer should have retired last year, there is no running game, and their offensive line shift has been a disaster. They made Veldheer switch from LT to RT (after playing LT in college and his entire NFL career).

The Cards are the NFC team I follow.

They got old *quick*. The team still employs Karlos Dansby.

Palmer should have retired last year, there is no running game, and their offensive line shift has been a disaster. They made Veldheer switch from LT to RT (after playing LT in college and his entire NFL career).

They really miss David Johnson.....obviously.

I like Bruce. He waited longer for his chance to be a HC than he should have..... but this Arizona team was built to win now a few years ago they started kicking the can down the road and the problem is Palmer didn't last as long as they hoped. They need a Quarterback, and pretty desperately.

He's like most NFL head coaches--it gets really difficult when you don't have a QB

You watched that game and thought the QB was bad? The OL couldnt block at all. I think they are missing 3 starters. Not only that but the play calling didnt even try to help. They went empty or only blocked with 5 all game.

Edited by TheTruthHurts

You watched that game and thought the QB was bad? The OL couldnt block at all. I think they are missing 3 starters. Not only that but the play calling didnt even try to help. They went empty or only blocked with 5 all game.

Not specific to last night's game, but I felt prior to the 2016 season that Palmer was done...and it sure has looked that way for the majority of games played since the 2016 opener, hasn't it?

Not specific to last night's game, but I felt prior to the 2016 season that Palmer was done...and it sure has looked that way for the majority of games played since the 2016 opener, hasn't it?

I watched every snap of the opening two games in 2016 before they played us. Carson looked alright and that scheme at peak efficiency was a thing of beauty.

Carson turns 38 before the last game of the season. I think it's time.

You have to protect him and Arians doesn't know how. He did the same to Big Ben. Roethlisberger used to get beat up every game.