Denver Gift

Irv

Denver was undefeated, just trounced the Cowboys, everyone was sucking off their QB and saying they had the best defense in the league. After the Bills beat them they aren't a tough team and probably won't make the playoffs? But of course if they beat the Bills they would still be undefeated, leading the division, a lock for the playoffs and one of the best teams in the AFC with an incredible rookie HC. Very few people thought the Bills would even compete this week and they handled them with relative ease and people downplay it. Crazy.

Also, the Bills were a 3 point dog at home which every knows if they played at Denver they would have been 7 point dogs, about the same as they are to the Falcons.

Denver is a good team and it was a great win, regardless what happens next week.

All true!

The OP seems to be unable to enjoy things and/or understand reality.

If the OP really feels that way he shouldn't watch football or sport.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Very happy about the outcome of the game. But Denver really screwed up.

• Failed fake punt - dumb
  • Interception #1 - awful
  • Interception #2 - even worse
  • Von Miller penalty - freebie from the zebra

I liked the outcome because normally we are the ones doing dumb things or not getting calls. But have you seen two worse interceptions than the ones Trevor Siemian made? That was sandlot worthy. Who does a fake punt in that situation? The Miller penalty was a no call. I also doubt that when the winds start blowing we are going to see two 53+ yard field goals again.

Good coaches like the Hoodie and QB's like Matt Ryan and Tom Brady do not make those kind of mistakes. Need to see more before buying Super Bowl tickets.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

1. Fake punt was a good call. Short distance, direct snap to back at a time I thought was somehpwhat unexpected.

2. Interception 1. Good pressure by D.

3. Interception 2. See interception 1.

4. Miller Penalty. Yeah, goofy call but honestly I get it. Should it have been called, no. Just stop listening to the retired refs being paid by the networks, if it didn’t get called they’d probably say it should have been. Anyways, we get bad calls against us all the time. Think a few Sunday were very questionable. One of the PI’s was BS as the WR was still being jammed within the 5 yards. Out of bounds call could go either way, seen much worse not get called.

We won the game because we kept playing, and played smart. Tyrod made plays with his arm and legs, defense was spectacular. Gave up more yards than necessary, but those were on a few long plays and we clamped down after them. Great team win.

Robey's phantom PI call against Jacksonville and Hughes getting a 15 yard penalty for smacking his own teammates helmet after a sack come to mind...

Why not, he did this past week against the Lions...

you want to talk about luck? Atlanta's lucky they aren't 1-2...Should have lost opening day at Chicago and Lions got a raw deal when they overturned Tate's last second TD and ruled him down at the half yard line this past week.

And I guess New England wasn't lucky when that Texans safety dropped a picked when he landed on the ground right before Brady threw that TD to win it...nope...nothing "lucky" about that...Brady must have put some type of super spin on the ball where only his player knew how to catch it right??

It is so irritating when people try so hard to act like no other team in the NFL EVER has anything "lucky" happen to them...as if the Bills are the ONLY team to be beneficieries of a player not playing well or making a bad throw.

Ill add in 2 patriots games all but won. Just had to receive punt and run the clock out. McKelvin fumbles punt.

Edited by Scott7975

The fake punt wasn't dumb, not at all.

But nah, the INTs were just poor performances from Siemian. It's not like the rushes were from the blindside or something. The first should never have been thrown and the second should have been thrown five yards further, out of bounds. We got very lucky with Siemian's bad decisions there. The Bills pressure helped create the plays, but if that had been Tyrod (or Jim Kelly for that matter) we'd correctly have been yelling at him for poor decision-making.

Those bad decisions weren't so much forced as simply made.

Equally, it's irritating when people try so hard to mis-state what people say.

He didn't say good luck never happens to other teams. Didn't imply it in any way, that's you creating poor logic when there's none in the post.

Just because good luck happens to all teams doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out when it happens. We really did get lucky.

Having said that, we could still have lost the game, screwing it up and throwing it away. And we didn't. We played a reasonably mistake-free game. And as many here have said, that's a very good thing. Still got very lucky, though.

IMO you can't ever use the word luck when analyzing QB play. Sure you can argue the talents of Siemian and his performance. You can certainly say his picks were simply bad plays by him and give no credit to the Bills defense. You can completely ignore the fact that in many football games a great defense forces even great QB's into bad decisions late in games due to desperation and fatigue. You can downplay the ball skills of the Bills DB's. You can imply that the scheme put in by the DC, who is a former head coach, had nothing to do with the picks. But you can not call it luck. Luck is flipping a coin. Luck is playing the lottery. The outcome of this game and the picks that secured it is plain and simply not luck.

If you really think about it, it's an embarrassing win.

Yes, I feel ashamed. :unsure:

Nothing says, "you're terrible" more than winning in the NFL. Winning that game cost us at least three Draft positions. You can't win in The Draft if you keep winning games.

What's next - meaningful games after Thanksgiving? What is this world coming to? :ph34r:

So before the game you predicted Denver would dominate us. Now that we beat them Denver is a bunch of nobodies and we are all crazy for thinking Denver was good.

I predicted a score of 23-17 Denver so not dominating us, I just had a complete lack of faith in our offense. Never did I think Denver was some kind of great team. They are wild card hopefulls. Their ceiling is 10 wins but they are probably going to have 8-9. They don't have a QB and you can't win in this league without one. Like I said, beat a tough team with a QB like Atlanta and then we can talk. To do so we need a completely different offense to show up. We might have a good D but Matt Ryan tears up zone defenses. If we won a game like that I would gladly eat some crow

I predicted a score of 23-17 Denver so not dominating us, I just had a complete lack of faith in our offense. Never did I think Denver was some kind of great team. They are wild card hopefulls. Their ceiling is 10 wins but they are probably going to have 8-9. They don't have a QB and you can't win in this league without one. Like I said, beat a tough team with a QB like Atlanta and then we can talk. To do so we need a completely different offense to show up. We might have a good D but Matt Ryan tears up zone defenses. If we won a game like that I would gladly eat some crow

23-13 Broncos dominate, game not as close as score suggests

Ok

Ok

I guess I made multiple predictions because I was saying 23-17 on gameday when we were watching and I must have typed that earlier in the week. But yea I figured we wouldn't get anything going on offense and i was partially right. Our run offense has been a joke. Tyrod played well but hardly set the world on fire with his 200 yards. Lucky for us the Denver offense was even worse. Good play by our D. They are much better than I thought they would be so far. If they beat a team like Atlanta or even held them to under 20 points I would believe that we are on to something. I still believe we are only a 6-7 win team

I guess I made multiple predictions because I was saying 23-17 on gameday when we were watching and I must have typed that earlier in the week. But yea I figured we wouldn't get anything going on offense and i was partially right. Our run offense has been a joke. Tyrod played well but hardly set the world on fire with his 200 yards. Lucky for us the Denver offense was even worse. Good play by our D. They are much better than I thought they would be so far. If they beat a team like Atlanta or even held them to under 20 points I would believe that we are on to something. I still believe we are only a 6-7 win team

It's all good. Tough to have an opinion right now other than that. I don't see us beating Atlanta but even if we don't we could still go on to having a good season.

When you boil it down, all football games turn on mistakes. Missed blocks, dropped passes, penalties, etc. That's football. Make fewer mistakes and you usually win.

in th NFL, yes. In college there can sometimes be such a talent disparity that a team can play like **** and still won because they have better players and more depth by a huge margin. In the NFL, it's not like that even with say the Pats vs Browns. Every team has "enough" talent to beat anyone else if the better team makes mistakes, penalties, turnovers.

In my original post, I tried not to focus on the Bills performance, rather on how BAD the Broncos played and how BAD they were coached. But we weren't that good. We really never got the running or passing game going. The ricochet TD was total fluke luck. Can't pay that way against good teams with all the freebies the Broncos gave us. We got a gift. They don't give out a lot of gifts in the NFL. Let's see if Ryan throws three INT's this week. Doubtful.

You are trolling. Must be someone that got banned.

Most teams would lose in Atlanta, so the Bills probably will, so your agenda against TT and the offense will continue next week. You are chomping at the bit.

Most teams would lose in Atlanta, so the Bills probably will, so your agenda against TT and the offense will continue next week. You are chomping at the bit.

no agenda here. the OP suggests we should eat crow because we beat a Denver team that probably won't even make the playoffs. lets see how well we do against a good team now

no agenda here. the OP suggests we should eat crow because we beat a Denver team that probably won't even make the playoffs. lets see how well we do against a good team now

No, we're suggesting you should eat crow because before Sunday's game, you and others were talking about how great Denver was, how they would dominate the Bills in Orchard Park, and that Tyrod would be lucky to get out of the game alive. When pretty much the opposite happened, you changed your tune to "Denver actually sucks, the Bills haven't beaten anyone yet, Tyrod only threw for 200 yards (even though Dennison stopped calling pass plays for the last quarter of the game)." I'm looking forward to the excuses after we beat Atlanta.

It's incredible how invested some Bills "fans" are in the failure of the team, and of Tyrod in particular. Not sure how to explain it.

If we beat Atlanta will they suck too?

Yes. By definition, if we beat a team, then they suck. It means never having to eat crow.

If we beat Atlanta will they suck too?

nope they are really good. and we are going to get killed. if we beat them THEN open a thread about eating crow. until then we are still a 6-7 win team and every win get us farther and farther away from getting a QB

nope they are really good. and we are going to get killed. if we beat them THEN open a thread about eating crow. until then we are still a 6-7 win team and every win get us farther and farther away from getting a QB

Pathetic