Denver Gift

Irv

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't forget we were leading during this time, and it's unfair to assume our D that had been playing stellar would have given up the lead...

Agreed that Denver made a bunch of mental mistakes, and apart from Miller's unsportmanlike penalty, the reason teams make these mistakes is the other team forces them into it.

please tell me you think we are going to win this week. i bet you thought Fitz and EJ were going to win us the Super Bowl too. now that is "pathetic"

It doesn't matter if the Bills win or not. If Ryan throws 2 picks it's because he had a bad game. If Shady has 120 yards it's because Atlanta's run defense sucks. If they win 12-7 their offense still sucks. If Atlanta misses a game winning field goal then it doesn't count as a good win. You will find something to defend your negative prognosis. If they lose you can say you were right. And they are 8 point dogs so you can crow next Monday. It's really pathetic.

I can't wait for the list of reasons of why the Falcons aren't really that good and why its not a quality win after we beat them next week. Every single team we beat I fully expect a thread on why it means nothing, the Bills got lucky, and why that team isn't as good as people think simply because the Bills beat them.

And yes, I said that with a straight face...we will beat the Falcons next week 31-23

ZJ knucklehead moment end of game 2 really pisses me off even more right now by the way as we should be 3-0 going into the Falcon game. I am not even that mad that he didn't come down with the catch, I am pissed his unforced sloppy route and late look for the ball is what pissed me off the most as thats the only reason it was even a tough catch in the first place. Should have been in position to catch that and walk into the end zone untouched.

Edited by Alphadawg7

Very happy about the outcome of the game. But Denver really screwed up.

1. Failed fake punt - dumb
  2. Interception #1 - awful
  3. Interception #2 - even worse
  4. Von Miller penalty - freebie from the zebra

I liked the outcome because normally we are the ones doing dumb things or not getting calls. But have you seen two worse interceptions than the ones Trevor Siemian made? That was sandlot worthy. Who does a fake punt in that situation? The Miller penalty was a no call. I also doubt that when the winds start blowing we are going to see two 53+ yard field goals again.

Good coaches like the Hoodie and QB's like Matt Ryan and Tom Brady do not make those kind of mistakes. Need to see more before buying Super Bowl tickets.

Sincerely,

Debbie Downer

Essentially the Bills played steady and with the exception of the clock management by McCoach, they played a relatively mistake free game.

Denver, almost inexplicably, did all the things you noted and handed the game to the Bills on a silver platter. But also to the Bills credit, they gladly accepted every offer of the game and made Denver pay dearly every time they made their huge mistakes.

The Bills are still a 8 win team to me. They played well on Sunday but not well enough to change my opinion on that.

If they beat Atlanta away, well that is another matter indeed, As I can't believe the falcons will give the game away at home. The Bills will need to be more than steady this week.

please tell me you think we are going to win this week. i bet you thought Fitz and EJ were going to win us the Super Bowl too. now that is "pathetic"

Yes, i think the Bills will beat the Falcons. The Bills are a hungrier team and are starting to believe in themselves. The Falcons are overrated and their home field advantage is negligible; they are the third most popular football team in the state of Georgia. Bills, 34-31.

If I'm going to eat crow, it's going to be because my hopes are too high, not because I like to piss all over my team and its quarterback.

It doesn't matter if the Bills win or not. If Ryan throws 2 picks it's because he had a bad game. If Shady has 120 yards it's because Atlanta's run defense sucks. If they win 12-7 their offense still sucks. If Atlanta misses a game winning field goal then it doesn't count as a good win. You will find something to defend your negative prognosis. If they lose you can say you were right. And they are 8 point dogs so you can crow next Monday. It's really pathetic.

If our starters beat their starters then I'll eat some crow. Its not going to happen unless Matt Ryan gets hurt and everyone on this board knows it. Same with Pats. We have absolutely zero chance. Its embarrassing. I don't even watch the Pats games. But keep celebrating wins vs the Jets and Broncos, 2 non playoff teams.

Yes, i think the Bills will beat the Falcons. The Bills are a hungrier team and are starting to believe in themselves. The Falcons are overrated and their home field advantage is negligible; they are the third most popular football team in the state of Georgia. Bills, 34-31.

If I'm going to eat crow, it's going to be because my hopes are too high, not because I like to piss all over my team and its quarterback.

You are in for a rude awakening then

You are in for a rude awakening then

Go pound sand. You said the same thing before the Denver game and when the Bills crushed them, you tried to pretend you had not said they would dominate the Bills. Not worth talking to you.

Go pound sand. You said the same thing before the Denver game and when the Bills crushed them, you tried to pretend you had not said they would dominate the Bills. Not worth talking to you.

I feel your frustration, its maddening around here even after a great win. Some people just feel their connection to the Bills is through losing and insist thats the only reality that is possible and will find any thing they can twist to make it so through their eyes.

Truth is, we don't know what this team yet, and neither does our players or staff. Everyone is still feeling each other out, including adjusting the gameplan, play calling, etc to the personnel on both sides of the ball. Anyone declaring we will be good or bad the rest of the year is just making a baseless guess, there is a LOT of football left to be played to help reveal what this team currently is. But there is NO DENYING that early results bring reasons to feel optimistic about the direction the team is going.

PS: I told everyone all off season that there are a lot of reasons to believe the D will make a big rebound this year, and if it does we will be tough to beat and real contender for the playoffs assuming our Offense didn't drop off much. So far, the D has been substantially better and the offense seems to be developing still and finding its groove, but if it continues to improve and find some balance and consistency, we will be a very tough team moving forward.

Edited by Alphadawg7

People like you that love the team no matter what is what's holding us back. You seem to be very pleased with a .500 team. I'm not. Anything less than a super bowl title is a failure. If you think we are a super bowl contender then not only are you completely delusional but I'm worried about your sanity. I hope there is someone close to you who can get you some help.

I will be here on Monday if you would like to discuss your Atlanta prediction further

I can't wait for the list of reasons of why the Falcons aren't really that good and why its not a quality win after we beat them next week. Every single team we beat I fully expect a thread on why it means nothing, the Bills got lucky, and why that team isn't as good as people think simply because the Bills beat them.

And yes, I said that with a straight face...we will beat the Falcons next week 31-23

ZJ knucklehead moment end of game 2 really pisses me off even more right now by the way as we should be 3-0 going into the Falcon game. I am not even that mad that he didn't come down with the catch, I am pissed his unforced sloppy route and late look for the ball is what pissed me off the most as thats the only reason it was even a tough catch in the first place. Should have been in position to catch that and walk into the end zone untouched.

I don't think we win this week but we ha r a shot.

But you forgot my favorite classic...next week we will really see what this team is.

Edited by Scott7975

The fake punt wasn't dumb, not at all.

But it was really risky, and it didn't pay off.

And yeah, the Von Miller penalty was just awful. Tyrod was cracking up. The flag should never have been thrown. And IMHO if that flag is never thrown, Denver wins, though there's obviously no way to know.

Yeah, the Bills handled the punt really well. They didn't expect it, but were prepared. You have to give them tremendous credit.

But nah, the INTs were just poor performances from Siemian. It's not like the rushes were from the blindside or something. The first should never have been thrown and the second should have been thrown five yards further, out of bounds. We got very lucky with Siemian's bad decisions there. The Bills pressure helped create the plays, but if that had been Tyrod (or Jim Kelly for that matter) we'd correctly have been yelling at him for poor decision-making.

Those bad decisions weren't so much forced as simply made.

Equally, it's irritating when people try so hard to mis-state what people say.

He didn't say good luck never happens to other teams. Didn't imply it in any way, that's you creating poor logic when there's none in the post.

Just because good luck happens to all teams doesn't mean it shouldn't be pointed out when it happens. We really did get lucky.

Having said that, we could still have lost the game, screwing it up and throwing it away. And we didn't. We played a reasonably mistake-free game. And as many here have said, that's a very good thing. Still got very lucky, though.

They did expect he fake punt...they spoke about how they noticed the Broncos had their entire offensive line in there and those guys are never on the punt team.

There are a few posters like this. They whine about how the Bills don't have a chance, then when they win it's all excuses and moral losses. I am not sure how these people call themselves fans.

Usually a team loses in this league because the losing team makes mistakes that contribute to the winners victory. Last game I remember where each team played pretty much flawlessly was the Bills 49ers no punt game in 92.The Bills just outlasted the 49ers in that one. Normally someone gets smoked by the refs or turnovers or missed passes. The Bills played a very technically sound game Sunday. Thats why they BEAT the Broncos.

nope they are really good. and we are going to get killed. if we beat them THEN open a thread about eating crow. until then we are still a 6-7 win team and every win get us farther and farther away from getting a QB

So you would rather bet on past failure than actually look at the team and coaches we have now?

People like you that love the team no matter what is what's holding us back. You seem to be very pleased with a .500 team. I'm not. Anything less than a super bowl title is a failure. If you think we are a super bowl contender then not only are you completely delusional but I'm worried about your sanity. I hope there is someone close to you who can get you some help.

I will be here on Monday if you would like to discuss your Atlanta prediction further

So I'm to blame for the Bills' troubles over the past 17 years. Got it. And what makes you think I'm "very pleased with a .500 team"? Please point to anything I've said that gives you that impression. And when did I say I think the Bills are a Super Bowl contender? You are just flat-out making stuff up, just like you denied saying the Broncos would "dominate" the Bills until another poster went back and pulled up the thread.

Here's where I stand: The Bills went 7-8 last year (I don't count the second Jets game) under the worst coach in the NFL, playing with an Arena League-quality WR corps for most of the year, when Sammy and Woods were either out or banged up. I vehemently disagreed with the pre-season doomsaying, that this is a 4-12 team, tanking, etc., and I also believed that we should give McDermott at least a game or two before we decide he does not know what he's doing. In my mind, the only real difference between the Dolphins and Bills last year was coaching, and if we upgraded in that area this year, there is no reason we could not go to the playoffs, like the Dolphins did last year. I also don't buy the idea that there is some massive rebuilding program underway, or that there was a huge exodus of talent in the offseason. Sure, losing Gilmore, Watkins and Gillislie hurt, but there was also an infusion of new talent from the draft, FA and getting a healthy Shaq back to start the year. I also believed (and continue to believe) that Tyrod is capable of improving and that there's a good chance he will still be the Bills' QB beyond this year.

I'm sticking by all those beliefs. I think this team goes 10-6 and gets a wild card berth. With a few breaks, I also think this could be the year we knock off New England and win the AFCE. I think their defense makes them vulnerable and I think teams will figure out how to keep them from scoring 35-plus points per game. I think we match up pretty well against them and I think the fact that we don't play them until late in the year works to our advantage.

Edited by mannc

And prove what exactly? Most teams would lose in Atlanta. If we can't win in Atlanta that that means the bills suck? Ridiculous thought process here.

All true!

The OP seems to be unable to enjoy things and/or understand reality.

If the OP really feels that way he shouldn't watch football or sport.

You must have thought Team USA was a way better team than the Soviets in 1980 Olympic hockey because the USA won. Gimme a break.