Positives/Negatives from Today's game

Positives:

1: Wow, what a difference a week makes. Good coaching plan that worked. More misdirection and playaction.

2: SOLID defense yet again. Can we finally say this Def is for real?

3: More use of the TE is always good. Clay looked better.

4: TT had the game of games and looked better than he has.

5: Three more sacks. PAss rush is coming into power now.

6: Two more picks. Turnovers are great no matter when they happen.

7: Broncos were beaten on both sides of the ball.

Negatives:

1: What is up with McCoy? Two straight games of garbage.

2: Four more sacks on TT. Line can't hold up blocking.

3: WRs are still mostly invisible.

4: Def is still prime to give up big plays that are demoralizing (two long runs by Charles accounted for about 40% of his total)

5: Can't continue to win on TT's passing. Running game needs to pick it up.

GRADES

QB: A+

RB: C-

WR: C-

OL: B-

DL: A-

LB: A

DB: A+

ST: B+

Coaching: A-

OVERALL: B+

McCoy was big on the receptions but struggled with his runs. He has a tendency to lose more yards than he has to on some runs which is why Tolbert was more effective running the ball today.

I'm guessing he will have a much better ground game next week.

McCoy was big on the receptions but struggled with his runs. He has a tendency to lose more yards than he has to on some runs which is why Tolbert was more effective running the ball today.

Or based on tendencies they thought he was there to pass protect

Buffalo misses having a healthy Cordy Glenn IMO. If he can come back and get in condition after missing most of training camp and today's game, I think it will do some good things for Shady's game. That will allow Dawkins to get reps on the right side, and that means Jordan Mills could play a little less. That should be a good thing.

Positives:

1: Wow, what a difference a week makes. Good coaching plan that worked. More misdirection and playaction.

2: SOLID defense yet again. Can we finally say this Def is for real?

3: More use of the TE is always good. Clay looked better.

4: TT had the game of games and looked better than he has.

5: Three more sacks. PAss rush is coming into power now.

6: Two more picks. Turnovers are great no matter when they happen.

7: Broncos were beaten on both sides of the ball.

Negatives:

1: What is up with McCoy? Two straight games of garbage.

2: Four more sacks on TT. Line can't hold up blocking.

3: WRs are still mostly invisible.

4: Def is still prime to give up big plays that are demoralizing (two long runs by Charles accounted for about 40% of his total)

5: Can't continue to win on TT's passing. Running game needs to pick it up.

GRADES

QB: A+

RB: C-

WR: C-

OL: B-

DL: A-

LB: A

DB: A+

ST: B+

Coaching: A-

OVERALL: B+

McCoy doesn't really have anywhere to go...too much disruption and guys getting in the backfield--they are really selling out to stop McCoy's rushing...dude made some really big 3rd down catches that extended drives that led to points where he had no business getting the first down

Not surprised with the sack count and was actually surprised it wasn't more...Dawkins in his first start against Miller and Mills who is always looking like its his first start...

WR's are what they are at this point...just some dudes that we have to scheme open a lot of times at this point.

The defense does not really give up big plays anymore...I mean teams are going to get a few plays every game...those are the first runs for any real distance this season...typically there is nowhere to run against us.

I agree the running game needs to get back in gear...I predict they will figure some things out against Atlanta...they can score points but their defense is suspect...I doubt we will win but I don't think we are going to get blown out either...Atlanta should be 1-2 right now...should have lost to Chicago in week 1 and Detroit's winning score got overturned as they said Golden Tate was a few inches short of the goal line...

Edited by matter2003

That's because we run stretch plays with McCoy. When those get blown up you lose yardage. We can only run Tolbert straight up the line.

McCoy kept crucial, CRUCIAL drives alive. A massive reason why we won. Can we as a fan-base please start detaching fantasy production from in game performance.

Agree he played his heart out and made big plays he's the one guy on the bills they really game plan for and he still makes plays and plays hard every down. The more I watch him the more I love his game and heart.

Agree he played his heart out and made big plays he's the one guy on the bills they really game plan for and he still makes plays and plays hard every down. The more I watch him the more I love his game and heart.

Yep. He got no holes and no yards in the run game. And yet made about three crucial plays in the pass game that had a direct affect on the win. His wrist is clearly hurt, too.

That third down he converted was a bad call, bad pass, he caught it and eluded 2-3 defenders for a crucial first down. Great play and effort.

Does TT really deserve an A plus

I thought he had a solid game......he had a couple of passes get away from him that pass where he badly missed Zay would have gone for BIG yardage

This is coming from a TT fan....I give him a solid B plus for this game

20 of 26 for over 200 yards and 2 TDs against a tough Denver D missing his starting LT with a rookie in his place and a run game that was suck in neutral much of the day? I'd say he deserved an A...he played very well today all things considered.

He also had that great run when he bounced outside for big yardage that unfortunately was called back for a hold.

I agree with much of the OP's assessment, but the first two negatives are all about the O-line. They get a D-.

Tyrod was good, but not A+ good. Those two misses to wide open receivers (when he wasn't under pressure) drop him to an A-. It's cool, though - I'll take an A- performance from a QB.

As far as relying on Tyrod's passing, that's a consequence of teams stacking the box to kill our run game. They relied on Shady in the first two games, which worked against the Jets but not Carolina, so they changed the game plan. We needed to put this game on TT just to prove to other teams that 1) we're willing to do that, and 2) he can handle it. I think we'll see a more productive run game now that defenses have to respect the passing game.

Does TT really deserve an A plus

I thought he had a solid game......he had a couple of passes get away from him that pass where he badly missed Zay would have gone for BIG yardage

This is coming from a TT fan....I give him a solid B plus for this game

B is a reasonable grade.

TT has to get on the same page as Zay. The rookie s getting the blame for TT's bad throws.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan