Peace Frog

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It was. They gave up 4.8 YPC today.

undoubtedly the best two wrs they played so far this year. we had to play honest. and 1 run was for 32 yards. it wasnt as bad as it seems looking at the stats

Let's not forget Denver has a great running game and they didn't run all over us either.

Truth

Of course this defense is better when he is on the field with his head on straight. But make no mistake, he's been a colossal bust since his big contract. He has been nowhere near worth what he is being paid and has been a huge disappointment. Because of his ridiculous contract (Thanks Whaley) he is stuck with us for the next couple years, I think. Hopefully the old Dareus that we knew comes back because if he does, then this defense will be elite.

Don't mean to argue but how is his contract ridiculous. He got McCoy, Suh money. He came off of a monster year. That was his going rate. Remember the epic despair the fan base felt when the deal didnt happen right away. Had we not resigned him, the masses would have called for the mans head. The contract... to me, is not ridiculous.

Signed a non-Dareus believer

Don't mean to argue but how is his contract ridiculous. He got McCoy, Suh money. He came off of a monster year. That was his going rate. Remember the epic despair the fan base felt when the deal didnt happen right away. Had we not resigned him, the masses would have called for the mans head. The contract... to me, is not ridiculous.

Has he been worth his contract value or anywhere near it?

And yes he did have a really good year before he signed but good organizations sometimes have to make tough unpopular decisions to do what's best for the team.

Whaley got skittish and overvalued him much like he has with others as well (Sammy).

Whaley is a good talent evaluator but he certainly didn't know how to value that talent.

The guaranteed money is what makes it ridiculous. A guy with maturity issues should be given a lot of incentives. Whaley gave him the carrot and the stick.

Never understand why we bash our players so much thru the years. Gilmore, Watkins, Lynch, Byrd and the list goes on and on. Having a healthy Dareus in this line up only makes it better. The guy is a stud when healthy.

And when he seems motivated to be a stud which isn't every game or even every play.

Not the way he's been playing. He would need to begin living in the opponents backfield before that could even be a possibility.

His contract is what makes it tough.

I don't mean a deal breaker. But a net positive who some coach thinks they can salvage type thing. Like when a good player who underperformed gets traded for a 6th? Edited by jmc12290

I don't mean a deal breaker. But a net positive who some coach thinks they can salvage type thing. Like when a good player who underperformed gets traded for a 6th?

I don't know, like I always say all it takes is one team to make it happen.