Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

The run d was noticeably worse...

Game 1 yards-per-rush allowed = 2.5

Game 2 yards-per-rush allowed = 2.8

Game 3 yards-per-rush allowed = 4.8

If you don't think the big man in middle makes a difference, you are crazy

Edited by Crayola64

His hidden effectiveness in the mass of linemen on the LOS was noticeable, though the rest of the D tightened up on our side of the field. I'm certainly encouraged by the overall play of the D without him today, because I believe he won't be a Bill after this season.

I love how the defensive scheme plays into the unit playing as a whole, and not having certain players rack up counting stats. Yet, we all want to crucify one specific player for not getting counting stats. Anytime you have a d-line dominate and destroy the run game, the interior of that D line played fine. We did that the first two weeks, we did not do that this week

Edited by Crayola64

His hidden effectiveness in the mass of linemen on the LOS was noticeable, though the rest of the D tightened up on our side of the field. I'm certainly encouraged by the overall play of the D without him today, because I believe he won't be a Bill after this season.

He'll definitely be a Bill after this season.

Let's not forget Denver has a great running game and they didn't run all over us either.

I'd still rather have him than not. I wish his desire matched his talent.

Me, too. And me, too...but it doesn't. He's steadily playing (and not playing) his way off of this roster. When the cap ramifications are more palatable to the Bills, he will be gone, IMO. It's a shame, really. Million dollar talent with a ten cent head and an immature streak a mile long.

Edited by ExWNYer

Let's not forget Denver has a great running game and they didn't run all over us either.

Yea, and you should see how much better the panthers and jets run game did when they didn't play us. The difference without marcell is clear.

It was very obvious today, and if you can't see that then oh well. there are a million things to complain about with him. The team is obviously better with him playing, and arguing against that is foolish

Edited by Crayola64

Week 2 he played 18 snaps. This week we faced the NFLs number one rushing attack. I think that made more difference. Half of their rushing yards today were on 2 or 3 plays. They stuffed them for the most part.

Of course this defense is better when he is on the field with his head on straight. But make no mistake, he's been a colossal bust since his big contract. He has been nowhere near worth what he is being paid and has been a huge disappointment. Because of his ridiculous contract (Thanks Whaley) he is stuck with us for the next couple years, I think. Hopefully the old Dareus that we knew comes back because if he does, then this defense will be elite.

Yea, and you should see how much better the panthers and jets run game did when they didn't play us. The difference without marcell is clear.

It was very obvious today, and if you can't see that then oh well. there are a million things to complain about with him. The team is obviously better with him playing, and arguing against that is foolish

Yes he makes us better but so did Sammy, trade the bum.