Tyrod QBR

Weird. We largely agree.

I'm a little surprised you think A is more likely.

I just don't know. I think with Taylor everything is more about consistency at this point than drastically improving. I really want to see Week 1 & 3 Taylor most of the rest of the season. If we see that Taylor, I think that's the type of QB McDermott would love to move forward with.

I'm just not utterly confident that's what we see and other than my fun little thread leading into the Denver game, I try to avoid predictions... partly because I'm sports superstitious.

But our stockpile of draft picks are pretty sweet for 2018, that's for sure.

Dude, that's a minimum of 29 potential regular season games Taylor might have played in between now and the end of 2018. Yeah, that's a big "might" but a lot can happen between now and then for Taylor, especially if he plays more consistently like he did Sunday.

Why are people so obsessed with 30 passes a game and 300 yards???

Notice that our offensive philosophy (yet again) doesn't seem pass-centric. I realize some are immediately going to point to that as proof that the staff doesn't trust Taylor to throw, but if Taylor's playing like he did Sunday and vs the Jets who cares how many times he passes if we're winning?

Exactly. The same thing happened vs the Jets. It's baffling.

It's a maximum of 29, not minimum. 13 games until the 2018 draft. We should take a QB.

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you! Its maddening the lack of context people have when checking a stupid stat box which does not tell the story of the game. Week 1, the same thing happened. I swear, some people just want us to throw when we shouldn't be throwing all for the sake of a meaningless passing yard stat.

Literally the single most misleading, over exaggerated, over rated stat in all of sports is Passing Yards. Everyone obsessed with it should go ask Drew Bree's how passing yards are helping his playoff chances.

The already in the hall of fame Dak Prescott had 183 yards yesterday and won a football game against Palmer who had 325 yards.

You know how many QBs throw for 300 yards a game average last year? 3 of them. None of them named Tom Brady either. You know how many the year before? 1 QB.

If Taylor is throwing for 300 yards its only because our game plan isn't working and we are losing.

I know a lot of people think that Tyrod is incosistent . I actually kind of think the opposite. I don't think that his highs are really high and his lows are really low. You aren't going to see a lot of games where he has like 4 TDs or 3 turnovers. That's why I've called him "Alex Smith" or a game manager. He is good enough to win with but you rarely win or lose because of him. He's just kind of there. That's not meant as an insult or a compliment. He's a solid, game manager with playmaking ability. He misses some throws but everyone does. I think of consistency as you never know which guy you will get (think Fitz).

So you are saying he's consistently mediocre?

Show us (me) 5 very good games out of 6 or 7 from TT and I will say that he's consistent.

126 is passer rating.....NOT total QBR

QBR was 51.8

QBR was 51.8 Is that good? top score 100 huh?

The passing yards arguement is so stupid

TT has been pretty efficient without actually getting the running game going for 2 of the 3 games

The only thing I wanna see is a whole body of work over a number of games to show consistancy and not keep yo yo ing up and down in efficiency....

Other then that? Im happy. Our team finally has its identity back

The D is # 1 in the NFL in points against. That should make you even happier.

Nice to hear that Dennison took input from Tyrod this week regarding what plays he feels more comfortable with.

I hadn't seen this, but it would make a lot of sense, especially with Clay's TD coming on a rollout. I like this formula. If teams want to make it their mission to shut down Shady, and spy Tyrod, you absolutely rollout to buy time for our receivers to get separation.

@JoeBuscaglia

Seems #Bills OC Rick Dennison is learning exactly what puts Tyrod Taylor in the best position. Taylor in shotgun 58.8% of 34 total dropbacks

Furthermore, the amount of three-step drops that Taylor had to do vs. the Broncos? A big fat zero.

The #Bills also used play action 38.2% of the dropbacks Tyrod Taylor did vs. the Broncos.

Weird. We largely agree.

Why are people so obsessed with 30 passes a game and 300 yards???

Notice that our offensive philosophy (yet again) doesn't seem pass-centric. I realize some are immediately going to point to that as proof that the staff doesn't trust Taylor to throw, but if Taylor's playing like he did Sunday and vs the Jets who cares how many times he passes if we're winning?

Exactly. The same thing happened vs the Jets. It's baffling.

We don't know that the offensive philosophy is not pass-centric. 3 games is too small of a sample size.

When you have played 30 something games and have only 2 wins out of 9 games when passing more than 30 times ..... It matters.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

@JoeBuscaglia

Seems #Bills OC Rick Dennison is learning exactly what puts Tyrod Taylor in the best position. Taylor in shotgun 58.8% of 34 total dropbacks

Furthermore, the amount of three-step drops that Taylor had to do vs. the Broncos? A big fat zero.

The #Bills also used play action 38.2% of the dropbacks Tyrod Taylor did vs. the Broncos.

It was a bit annoying trying to make him into something hes not. Im glad hes moving the pocket more. It needs to stay this way.

It was a bit annoying trying to make him into something hes not. Im glad hes moving the pocket more. It needs to stay this way.

Dennison has been around long enough to know better than trying to fi a square peg into a round hole. He's finally put Tyrod in a better position to succeed and hopefully continues to do so.

@JoeBuscaglia

Shotgun and play action when under center.

No ****. Why didn't Dennison just already know this?

It's been pretty obvious over the span of 2 years.

Edited by transplantbillsfan

Thank you! Its maddening the lack of context people have when checking a stupid stat box which does not tell the story of the game. Week 1, the same thing happened. I swear, some people just want us to throw when we shouldn't be throwing all for the sake of a meaningless passing yard stat.

Literally the single most misleading, over exaggerated, over rated stat in all of sports is Passing Yards. Everyone obsessed with it should go ask Drew Bree's how passing yards are helping his playoff chances.

I get what you're saying. But let's look at this from the other side. There are days when neither the defense nor the running attack is effective enough and you must pass to win. Some Sundays you need your QB to throw for 300 yards or more.

If the team can win with the the QB just being a role player, great. But can your QB be the hero when you need production in the passing game? When the defense is looking for the pass, can your QB still drive the team down the field?

Those are the questions people ask about TT and about all QBs. Timely "Passing Yards" do matter.