Tyrod QBR

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What rut? The worst % they had to end the year since 2015 is 37.9%.

to end the year

how about on a per game basis and not a seasons average.

There have been individual games where for a QRT or two (more often in the 3rd or 4th) the Bills would go 3 and out on 2, 3 and 4 consecutive drives.

Yes, those types of stalls will happen to most good teams. But to me they happened too frequently because a lack of a passing threat.

The unfortunate part, is that in a few of those games the WC was on the line. Losing the game all but knocked the Bills from the playoffs these past 2 seasons.

For Buffalo’s offense there was a lot that went right in 2015, but it won’t have the offensive staff or the players resting on any laurels. They know full well where their deficiencies lie. Third down conversion percentage (38% – rank 21st) and red zone touchdown percentage (50% – rank 24th) are two areas in particular that will get a lot of attention come the spring OTAs.

Third and medium proved particularly difficult for the Bills offense to convert. On 3rd-and-4 Buffalo averaged just 1.64 yards on 11 pass plays. On 3rd-and-5 they averaged 1.57 yards on 14 plays and on 3rd-and-6 the Bills averaged five yards on 10 plays. Not surprisingly, their conversion rates on those down and distances were 36.3, 35.7 and 40 percent respectively.

The Bills were also ranked 23rd in yards per play in the red zone averaging 2.71 yards per snap.

http://blogs.buffalobills.com/tag/third-down-efficiency/

Third down conversion percentage (38% – rank 21st) It was ugly. It has improved.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Literally none of the numbers you cited were 30%.

because they are an average. OK, Lets say I made a huge error. Forget the % and look at the #'s

3rd-and-4 averaged 1.64 yards on 11 pass plays

3rd-and-5 averaged 1.57 yards on 14 plays

3rd-and-6 averaged 5 yards on 10 plays

http://buffalonews.com/2016/10/04/analysis-converting-on-third-down-key-to-bills-success-against-patriots/

But there’s no doubt it’s a prime culprit when a team has a bad offense. Far too often, that’ been the case for the Buffalo Bills. Just once in the decade prior to the 2016 season have the Bills finished in the top half of the league in third-down efficiency – a 13th-place finish in 2012.

This year, the team is near the bottom of the rankings, at 25th overall, converting exactly one-third of their opportunities (17 of 51).

is 33.3% close enough to 30%?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

because they are an average. OK, Lets say I made a huge error. Forget the % and look at the #'s

3rd-and-5 averaged 1.57 yards on 14 plays

3rd-and-6 averaged 5 yards on 10 plays

and how many were converted?

36.3, 35.7, and 40% respectively?

and how many were converted?

36.3, 35.7, and 40% respectively?

Fuzzy math tells me 1.64 yards is a lot less less than 4. So It doesn't look like many were converted in those situations.

Edit

A few Times does not equal All the time.

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Fuzzy math tells me 1.64 yards is a lot less less than 4. So It doesn't look like many were converted in those situations.

Edit

A few Times does not equal All the time.

Real math tells me we gained 18 yards on 11 attempts (1.64 per). Real math also tells me that we converted 4 of the 11 attempts (36.3%). Meaning if we had 4 completions of 4 yards, 2 scrambles for 1 yard and 5 incompletions then that average is what you get. You would be a lot more credible if you based your posts in reality (37.9%+ 3rd Down Rate) vs your hyperbolic fantasy land (25-30% conversion rate which we haven't had since 2009 with a completely different team).

Real math tells me we gained 18 yards on 11 attempts (1.64 per). Real math also tells me that we converted 4 of the 11 attempts (36.3%). Meaning if we had 4 completions of 4 yards, 2 scrambles for 1 yard and 5 incompletions then that average is what you get. You would be a lot more credible if you based your posts in reality (37.9%+ 3rd Down Rate) vs your hyperbolic fantasy land (25-30% conversion rate which we haven't had since 2009 with a completely different team).

wowzers ... I must have a contact high or something.

My math tells me that on a 3rd-and-4 play we gained 1.64 yards per attempt (11 different 3rd-and-4 plays).

We run 3rd down play once w/o a penalty flag right?

One of us is reading the equation wrong.

:beer:

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

I am aware.

Who will have more total yards and total TD's this season?

I take Trevor.

If it's yards and touchdowns you want go watch Drew Brees who hasn't been to the playoffs since 2013. Tyrod played well, just accept it if you can't enjoy it.