Emergency Team Meeting - Regarding Trump comments?

boater

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back story: his friend worked for the government, which is why he should have reported him to the government (his employer). It's also what makes the incident of racism especially troublesome: he was using the government as a tool to discriminate.

Not seeing this as the proper course of action seems incredibly problematic for someone with Kelly the Dog's beliefs as relates to institutional racism.

I feel like Im Brad Pitt talking to Kevin Spacey in the car at the end of Seven. You know youre totally insane, right? Edited by Coach Tuesday

I'll open this up to other posters:

Do the rest of you tend to surround yourselves with racists? Or when someone you associate with outs themselves as an actual racist seeking to use their position of power to harm minorities, would you continue to associate with them, or would having such an ugly mark against their character lead you to rejecting them from your circle of friends?

For me this isn't a very hard call, but apparently for Kelly the Dog it's perfectly normal and acceptable to count such people amongst his friends.

Where do others stand on this?

First I think we have to define racist. To me a person has to have a consistent pattern of expressing racially biased feelings or beliefs or acting upon those feelings. For me that excludes people who occasionally tell a racially insensitive joke or make an occasional statement that of the same. For me It also excludes people who might from time to time act differently toward one race than they would another. I need to see/hear a pattern before I label anyone a racist.

The bar for many, especially in the media and public eye seems to be much lower. A couple comments in poor taste here or there in public and you can be labeled a racist very quickly even if you have a long term track record otherwise.

It is impossible IMO for anyone to not view occasional situations in life through the prism of race. Racists to me are only those that do it frequently and then consistently act/speak upon it and also those that consistently view acts upon themselves as racially motivated when they could very well be otherwise.

Edited by keepthefaith

First I think we have to define racist. To me a person has to have a consistent pattern of expressing racially biased feelings or beliefs or acting upon those feelings. For me that excludes people who occasionally tell a racially insensitive joke or make an occasional statement that of the same. For me It also excludes people who might from time to time act differently toward one race than they would another. I need to see/hear a pattern before I label anyone a racist.

The bar for many, especially in the media and public eye seems to be much lower. A couple comments in poor taste here or there in public and you can be labeled a racist very quickly even if you have a long term track record otherwise.

It is impossible IMO for anyone to not view occasional situations in life through the prism of race. Racists to me are only those that do it frequently and then consistently act/speak upon it and also those that consistently view acts upon themselves as racially motivated when they could very well be otherwise.

Kelly admits his friend !@#$ed over black guys because they were black.

Just cancelled by sunday ticket and NFL Network... I know no cares, but I also know I'm not the only one to do so. Sucks... I love football and my Bills. But supporting these race bating idiots that hate everything great in this country had to stop for me. Why do non-political businesses have to get involved in politics?! why ruin a good thing? WHY?!

DKnIW_QWAAEfrbq.jpg

Of course.............................as you know............that picture is NOT during the National Anthem

Before a giant American flag was unfurled that covered almost the entire field, the Cowboys took a knee briefly as a group, including Jerry Jones, which led to a smattering of boos from the crowd that included a large number of Dallas fans.

During the national anthem, the Cowboys stood locked arm in arm but nobody took a knee or appeared to have any sign of silent protest.

They are trying to have it all ways.......................no conviction

Of course.............................as you know............that picture is NOT during the National Anthem

Before a giant American flag was unfurled that covered almost the entire field, the Cowboys took a knee briefly as a group, including Jerry Jones, which led to a smattering of boos from the crowd that included a large number of Dallas fans.

During the national anthem, the Cowboys stood locked arm in arm but nobody took a knee or appeared to have any sign of silent protest.

They are trying to have it all ways.......................no conviction

26copypaste won't say that because he is a mindless Soros bot

Just cancelled by sunday ticket and NFL Network... I know no cares, but I also know I'm not the only one to do so. Sucks... I love football and my Bills. But supporting these race bating idiots that hate everything great in this country had to stop for me. Why do non-political businesses have to get involved in politics?! why ruin a good thing? WHY?!

Sunday ticket and NFL Network just called... They said to tell you:

Bye Felicia.

Because they hate inequality, they hate everything great in this country?

Sorry, but inequality is not what makes this country great.

What has made this country great and continues to do so to this day are the people who have fought and changed the problems in this country.

From our founding fathers that fought for the freedom that we all enjoy & and the soldiers who fought to protect those freedoms, to the women and minorities that fought for equal rights in the 60's to those that continue to fight for it today.

This country is not just love it or leave it. We wouldn't be the USA if that were the case.

Because they hate inequality, they hate everything great in this country?

Sorry, but inequality is not what makes this country great.

What has made this country great and continues to do so to this day are the people who have fought and changed the problems in this country.

From our founding fathers that fought for the freedom that we all enjoy & and the soldiers who fought to protect those freedoms, to the women and minorities that fought for equal rights in the 60's to those that continue to fight for it today.

This country is not just love it or leave it. We wouldn't be the USA if that were the case.

This schit has gotten out of hand and the new focus of inequality has taken us away from the original intent of the "kneel down". Let's just call a spade a spade and make every Sunday "Michael Brown Day".

Inequality is the bogeyman now?

I don't believe in the bogeyman. lol

Inequality =/ inequity

If you're talking specifically about equality under the law, yes that's a vital issue in a free society, but we already have equality under the law.

I know. But that doesn't mean they automatically are given the same treatment. It has gotten much better than where we were just over 50 years ago when segregation was still legal, but we still have a long way to go.

This schit has gotten out of hand and the new focus of inequality has taken us away from the original intent of the "kneel down". Let's just call a spade a spade and make every Sunday "Michael Brown Day".

Huh?

Are you mad that the protest has evolved from being mainly about police shootings?

Be mad at Trump. Kneeling had more/less died out around the NFL until he opened his big mouth and purposely said some very inflammatory comments. He has to know this is exactly what would happen.

Too bad he wasn't willing to willfully condemn the white supremacists and nazi sympathizers in Charlottesville in the same way.

It took him days of being shamed into it to condemn them and then he pretty much immediately walked back his remarks condemning them.

I know. But that doesn't mean they automatically are given the same treatment. It has gotten much better than where we were just over 50 years ago when segregation was still legal, but we still have a long way to go.

But that's just it: they are given the same treatment under the law. They have equal access, and a system which does not discriminate against them because of their race.

But here's the rub: equal access does not mean equality.

Equality is unachievable, because every individual has different starting points. A person who is born to a single mother, in poverty starts the race ahead of an orphan who is born addicted to crack. Both start off worse than someone born into a two parent working class family with parents who don't have a good handle on household budgets and savings; who starts off worse than a child from an upper class family who puts a major emphasis on the importance of good grades and strong work ethic. All of them start off in a worse place than Malia Obama.

As it stands today, black Americans are more likely to start the race further behind because of the legacy of their prior inequality under the law, and because of cultural degradation in their communities brought on by the perverse incentives offered by the welfare state; but that's not the fault of current racism.

But that's just it: they are given the same treatment under the law. They have equal access, and a system which does not discriminate against them because of their race.

But here's the rub: equal access does not mean equality.

Equality is unachievable, because every individual has different starting points. A person who is born to a single mother, in poverty starts the race ahead of an orphan who is born addicted to crack. Both start off worse than someone born into a two parent working class family with parents who don't have a good handle on household budgets and savings; who starts off worse than a child from an upper class family who puts a major emphasis on the importance of good grades and strong work ethic. All of them start off in a worse place than Malia Obama.

As it stands today, black Americans are more likely to start the race further behind because of the legacy of their prior inequality under the law, and because of cultural degradation in their communities brought on by the perverse incentives offered by the welfare state; but that's not the fault of current racism.

Many seem to think that system does still discriminate against people based on their race, though. That's a large part of what some of these players are protesting. I am really pretty tired out on that whole debate though, so I'll just leave it there.

I do agree with much of what you're saying about equality though.

Many seem to think that system does still discriminate against people based on their race, though. That's a large part of what some of these players are protesting. I am really pretty tired out on that whole debate though, so I'll just leave it there.

I do agree with much of what you're saying about equality though.

many think the earth is flat, there is a man in the sky who created us, angels exist, 9/11 was an inside job...

People are stupid and will believe stupid things if it makes them sleep better at night.

Huh?

Are you mad that the protest has evolved from being mainly about police shootings?

Be mad at Trump. Kneeling had more/less died out around the NFL until he opened his big mouth and purposely said some very inflammatory comments. He has to know this is exactly what would happen.

Too bad he wasn't willing to willfully condemn the white supremacists and nazi sympathizers in Charlottesville in the same way.

It took him days of being shamed into it to condemn them and then he pretty much immediately walked back his remarks condemning them.

If I remember correctly Thursday Night Football is on Thursday, you know, the day before Trump's speech in Atlanta.

many think the earth is flat, there is a man in the sky who created us, angels exist, 9/11 was an inside job...

People are stupid and will believe stupid things if it makes them sleep better at night.

Obviously you haven't spent a night with Hannah.

If I remember correctly Thursday Night Football is on Thursday, you know, the day before Trump's speech in Atlanta.

Obviously you haven't spent a night with Hannah.

I didn't say it was gone completely, just that it was more or less dying out.

One player kneeled during that game, and one raised their fist. So, 2 players total.

http://www.espn.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/249755/nfl-players-who-protested-during-the-national-anthem-in-week-3

(bottom of the page)

Edited by BillsFan4

Huh?

Yes Trump poured gas on the remnants of the fire and like so many other petty things he shouldn't even weigh in on it. However if he's gonna weigh in, why not simply invite a group of people who are in the mood to kneel to the white house and try to better understand their motivation? This whole thing is counter productive. The protests and many of the reactions to it.

What's next might be a team winning an ESPY award for the most stylistic protest. Right now Dallas looks like they're headed for at least a nomination.

Yes Trump poured gas on the remnants of the fire and like so many other petty things he shouldn't even weigh in on it. However if he's gonna weigh in, why not simply invite a group of people who are in the mood to kneel to the white house and try to better understand their motivation? This whole thing is counter productive. The protests and many of the reactions to it.

What's next might be a team winning an ESPY award for the most stylistic protest. Right now Dallas looks like they're headed for at least a nomination.

I agree. I like the way Obama handled things much better. He invited 2 heads from the BLM movement to the White House to meet with a range of law enforcement officials and community leaders to learn more about their movement and so both sides could learn more about the different challenges each side was facing, and try to begin to discuss solutions.

Thats not Trump's style though. He'd rather pour gas on the dying embers and reignite the fire.

I don't think he gives a rat's arse about what these players are protesting either.

This whole thing has definitely become counter productive though. IMO The players need to pick s new way to protest because kneeling during the anthem gives people a built in excuse to get angry and not listen.

But even when Thr Browns decided not to kneel and instead show a video before (or was it after?) the anthem, a lot of the same people still got mad, so...

Having an honest and civil discussion where both sides were actually truly open to what the other was saying would be a much better approach/method, but I don't see that happening.

Edited by BillsFan4

I agree. I like the way Obama handled things much better. He invited 2 heads from the BLM movement to the White House to meet with a range of law enforcement officials and community leaders to learn more about their movement and so both sides could learn more about the different challenges each side was facing, and try to begin to discuss solutions.

Thats not Trump's style though. He'd rather pour gas on the dying embers and reignite the fire.

This whole thing has definitely become counter productive though. IMO The players need to pick s new way to protest because kneeling during the anthem gives people a built in excuse to get angry and not listen.

But even when Thr Browns decided not to kneel and instead show a video before (or was it after?) the anthem, a lot of the same people still got mad, so...

Having an honest and civil discussion where both sides were actually truly open to what the other was saying would be a much better approach/method, but I don't see that happening.

President Obama having Black Lives Matter leaders to the White House would be the rough equivalent of President Trump inviting Richard Spencer.

There is nothing to like about the former President extending that invitation.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

I don't think he gives a rat's arse about what these players are protesting either.

He didn't need to invite them, they had already set up residence there. Furthermore, Obama was the most divisive president in my lifetime. Just look at his actions during the government shutdown in which he vowed to make citizens pay as deep of a price as possible.

lol cute. But his name was Dwan.

Uh, I think you misunderstood him. He was actually saying "which hole dwan it in"?

President Obama having Black Lives Matter leaders to the White House would be the rough equivalent of President Trump inviting Richard Spencer.

There is nothing to like about the former President extending that invitation.

I don't see it that way at all. I think that's a false moral equivalence.

White supremacy is not = to BLM.

The way I see it - A leader of white supremacists (and nazi sympathizer) who identifies with what that group represents (including that the white race is superior to minorities, that they don't deserve all the same rights whites do, that we need a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" & that wants to create an all white homeland (to name just a few things)) is not equivalent to someone who believes that black lives matter as much as white lives do, openly welcomes those of different races into their group and thinks that everyone should be treated equal.

I do not agree with everything BLM says or condone every action they take but their guiding principles are much different than those of a hate group like the white supremacists.

He didn't need to invite them, they had already set up residence there. Furthermore, Obama was the most divisive president in my lifetime. Just look at his actions during the government shutdown in which he vowed to make citizens pay as deep of a price as possible.

Uh, I think you misunderstood him. He was actually saying "which hole dwan it in"?

Not exactly sure what you mean by BLM set up residence in the White House, but if you mean Obama then I totally disagree.

Also, I had no idea what you talking about when you said he "vowed to make citizens pay as deep a price as possible". So I looked it up. It took me a while to find anything. The only thing I really came across was something on Brietbart (the poster child of fake news) and a couple similar sites, that they called "shutdown theatre". They referrred to the 2013 govt shutdown and then proceeded to twist words and distort the truth. I'm not even going to bother trying to argue against it if that's what your referring to.

I'll just say that I don't agree and I don't really see how congress failing to pass legislation to keep non essential government functions running, mainly because republicans attached a very polarizing and very partisan piece of legislation to it, is Obama's fault anyway.

And I honestly don't understand how you can view Obama as the most divisive president of your lifetime. Even if you were only born the day Obama took office that still wouldn't be true. lol

We obviously see most things completely differently Tasker and grin reaper. I acknowledge your opinions, but I know I'll never sway them so I'll just respectfully end this conversation.

I don't see it that way at all. I think that's a false moral equivalence.

White supremacy is not = to BLM.

The way I see it - A leader of white supremacists (and nazi sympathizer) who identifies with what that group represents (including that the white race is superior to minorities, that they don't deserve all the same rights whites do, that we need a "peaceful ethnic cleansing" & that wants to create an all white homeland (to name just a few things)) is not equivalent to someone who believes that black lives matter as much as white lives do, openly welcomes those of different races into their group and thinks that everyone should be treated equal.

I do not agree with everything BLM says or condone every action they take but their guiding principles are much different than those of a hate group like the white supremacists.

Not exactly sure what you mean by BLM set up residence in the White House, but if you mean Obama then I totally disagree.

Also, I had no idea what you talking about when you said he "vowed to make citizens pay as deep a price as possible". So I looked it up. It took me a while to find anything. The only thing I really came across was something on Brietbart (the poster child of fake news) and a couple similar sites, that they called "shutdown theatre". They referrred to the 2013 govt shutdown and then proceeded to twist words and distort the truth. I'm not even going to bother trying to argue against it if that's what your referring to.

I'll just say that I don't agree and I don't really see how congress failing to pass legislation to keep non essential government functions running, mainly because republicans attached a very polarizing and very partisan piece of legislation to it, is Obama's fault anyway.

And I honestly don't understand how you can view Obama as the most divisive president of your lifetime. Even if you were only born the day Obama took office that still wouldn't be true. lol

We obviously see most things completely differently Tasker and grin reaper. I acknowledge your opinions, but I know I'll never sway them so I'll just respectfully end this conversation.

black lives matter is exactly what the KKK is