Whoa: A. Hernandez most severe case of CTE ever

Alphadawg7

title should clarify that it is the worst ever in a 27 yr old

Worst ever known in a 27 yr old gang hood - how many gang hoods get tested for CTE?

Just a minor correction but he had Stage 3 CTE, Stage 4 is the most severe.

Not sure why she would sue just the NFL, he played college and high school football, surely they are just as responsible. Nice money grab.

She should be tested for CTE before she can sue.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forget CTE. His victims should sue the University of Miami. Nice kid goes off to college and two years later he's a hoodlum.

For admitting hoodlums to University of Miami? I thought it was a requirement these days.

If the violence of the game comes down then interest in it will too, which reduces revenue and in turn reduces player salaries.

Which reduces the funds for insurance, retirement, etc. Some day the NFL will declare bankruptcy to get out of these liens.

Future NFL Waiver of Liability form: "I (insert name of draftee) hereby agree that, although my genetics may be predisposed to brain tissue deterioration (including alzheimers, dementia, stroke, aneurysm, CTE and other forms of brain tissue injury or degenerative processes) I will accept a rookie contract worth several million dollars and will then be entitled to endorsement money and a second "big" contract (see holdout language, Aaron Donald rule above) and, in consideration for the above, I agree to smoke weed without being caught and demand that I should be the highest paid player in the league and, in the event I make it through six years in the league, I will then be entitled to appear on certain network sports shows wearing bright ties and wide stripe suits (even if I don't have a large diamond ring on my hand but reserving the right to wear a large diamond stud in my ear) to instruct other young players who may otherwise wish to walk the exact path as myself. Nothing herein shall limit my ability to sell tshirts and coasters on Facebook with my name and number during my NFL career".

Future NFL Waiver of Liability form: "I (insert name of draftee) hereby agree that, although my genetics may be predisposed to brain tissue deterioration (including alzheimers, dementia, stroke, aneurysm, CTE and other forms of brain tissue injury or degenerative processes) I will accept a rookie contract worth several million dollars and will then be entitled to endorsement money and a second "big" contract (see holdout language, Aaron Donald rule above) and, in consideration for the above, I agree to smoke weed without being caught and demand that I should be the highest paid player in the league and, in the event I make it through six years in the league, I will then be entitled to appear on certain network sports shows wearing bright ties and wide stripe suits (even if I don't have a large diamond ring on my hand but reserving the right to wear a large diamond stud in my ear) to instruct other young players who may otherwise wish to walk the exact path as myself. Nothing herein shall limit my ability to sell tshirts and coasters on Facebook with my name and number during my NFL career".

win

control data on this science, please.

Unsure about murder, but the relationship between CTE and depression has been pretty conclusively established IMO. That CTE and suicide are related hasn't yet been proven, but depression and suicide are linked.

Edited by GoBills808

CTE is a copout.

This guy murdered at least one person, possibly a few more, with extremely concerning behavior dating back to his late teens.

Stop giving this guy press like he's a victim in all this.

Being a boxing fan, I've seen this numerous times before where the fighter will kill his spouse, a family member or friend.

Hernandez is a special case because he was believed to be a lunatic prior, but these findings cannot be ignored.

Is it a fringe sport?

Floyd Mayweather is richer than any football player

it is no longer as big as Monday Night football though.

No longer what it once was at all.

the money? not sure that is defining the genre.

Use to be Headline news back in the Day

the case should be filed for sure.

How valid this specific story is to CTE and other injuries to the brain may be hard to prove out.

But i am in the camp that .. it happens. The severity, the consequences are each individual stories.

But the volume of these seeming relationships is not to be discounted and better appreciated i hope.

Aaron went off the deep end. Wish he had help before.

But his suicide shows us Society is not really trying to help these people.

Just corral them.

The lunatics are on the grass !

sad story for AH and everyone who finds themselves in such a horrid state of being. Including all the people who watched this Transpire.

I don't want to hear any BS about CTE causing this thug to kill people.

Most people don't

All this cte stuff might end up finishing off the nfl financially before all is said and done.

Actually they could make a lot of money.

Mandatory retirement after 3 year rookie contract. 5 year option handed out on a limited basis.

They could also do things like suspensions for any hit involving the head, or blow the whistle when they are in the grasp, stop taking people to the ground. NFL's already a shell of itself.