TNF: Rams vs. 49ers at 8:25 PM ET on NFLN

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 912
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's that kind of talent though and you invest in that. Sammy is going to get paid. There is some risk but you don't win paying Jordan Matthews $8M instead of Sammy $13M.

Maybe this is what I'm getting at. They don't want to invest in the position and are willin to take on less talent for cheaper because they don't view it as worth it. The Darby trade was about the pick. Kaelin Clay is a former panther, familiar guy, no? Yes, they did move up for Zay. But he is no Watkins. They'd rather have a cheaper, average WR than an expensive elite player at WR.

My bold prediction is Robert Woods ultimately has a better career than Sammy Watkins because he is tough and physical, and I expect his style to last longer in the NFL.

I've said, all along, that Bob Woods was the best receiver on the Bills. Sam might have more raw talent. But Woods is more durable, more dependable, more dedicated and more selfless. And that makes him better, IMO.

And I think the Rams agree.

Two terrible takes IMO

This is not sustainable. It is precisely how to acquire average talent IMO.

We don't know what Zay Jones is yet. I personally didn't like the trade uo, I generally don't. I understand why they did it, his college WR coach is our WR coach so he told them Zay was special and they trusted him. I'm not saying he will be as good as Sammy Watkins. But there is more to being a receiver than tracking deep balls well so I wouldn't be surprised if Zay ends up with similar production depending on how he develops. In which case we get the same production on a rookie contract.

You never trade a dollar for 4 quarters in sports. That's what the Bills did. You don't trade Paul George for Victor Oladipo & Damontas Sabonis. You build around the elite talents. That's what every winning team does. They all have stars. That's the case in every sport. Sammy and Shady could have been one of the best duos in the league.

Maybe this is what I'm getting at. They don't want to invest in the position and are willin to take on less talent for cheaper because they don't view it as worth it. The Darby trade was about the pick. Kaelin Clay is a former panther, familiar guy, no? Yes, they did move up for Zay. But he is no Watkins. They'd rather have a cheaper, average WR than an expensive elite player at WR.

If that KAY CLAY guy touches the football on another return I'm going to go all majorbobby on the coaching staff.

He's that kind of talent though and you invest in that. Sammy is going to get paid. There is some risk but you don't win paying Jordan Matthews $8M instead of Sammy $13M.

I have to think they just didn't trust the reliability, because that's the only way it makes sense. (Unless there's stuff we just don't know, which is of course likely.)

Yes, that's the Carolina philosophy. They pay the line and guys in the box. But they don't pay the skill positions.

Then they are idiots? They remade the whole group and I'm positive their plan wasn't "let's try to get worse at WR this year." They just got it wrong.

Two terrible takes IMO

You might think Sam is better than Woods. But can you argue that he's more durable, dependable, dedicated and selfless? I don't think there's an argument, to be honest.

They don't value the position. Which is why I suggested they won't select a WR high next year in the CFB thread

You do have a point. Outside of QB I take it they are looking for offensive linemen? Just curious to hear your opinion on it.