Lower Bowl seating - Obstructed views??

supertutor13

As I don't live near the stadium but will be going to a game later this year, I have a question about lower bowl seating please. If we sit along the sideline (around the 35 yard line) in Row 4, will our view (including a child) be obstructed by the players standing on the sidelines? Thank you for your help.

Not directly related, and this may have changed, but when sitting very low or on the field for a concert I was always surprised how much of a crown there is on the field for drainage.

I like being at least 20 rows up, but I'm sure those will be great seats. I'm odd in that I value being on or very near the aisle more than the average bear.

I sat in the 2nd row around the 25 and couldn't see much of anything looking through bench area. From my seats to the goal line were fine, but when I had to look through the bench area, very difficult. I yelled Down in front a number of times , but didn't seem to help! !0 rows up you're fine. I would avoid bottom 5 rows or so.

Speaking of seating. Trying to recall around 15 years or so ago, sat in Club Level seats at the Ralph. Seems I recall in the lounge areas there were large windows that you could still view the game live while eating or drinking. Is that true??

Was sitting in club level this weekend in Carolina too hot to stay in seats very long, in the lounge area very limited ability to see the field. They had TV monitors, but for the most part the larger screens were tuned to out of market games.

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

I sat in the 2nd row around the 25 and couldn't see much of anything looking through bench area. From my seats to the goal line were fine, but when I had to look through the bench area, very difficult. I yelled Down in front a number of times , but didn't seem to help! !0 rows up you're fine. I would avoid bottom 5 rows or so.

Those players can be so rude! :)

We went to a Lightning game in Tampa once and sat right behind the box. Couldn't see a thing. Fortunately, there were only a few dozen people attending that night and we made a game of sitting in every seat possible.

I will be in the 300's Sunday for my first game since 2000. First game ever for my sons. Avoided the 100's due to concerns raised on this site about fans standing in the lower sections.

BTW, I have no issue with fans standing all game...if it happens up n the 300's and my kids can't see, probably means we're taming those Broncos! All good.

Not directly related, and this may have changed, but when sitting very low or on the field for a concert I was always surprised how much of a crown there is on the field for drainage.

I like being at least 20 rows up, but I'm sure those will be great seats. I'm odd in that I value being on or very near the aisle more than the average bear.

Crown? Do you see a crown on the current field?

Football fields did away with crowns when the old AstroTurf blacktop carpet was replaced with the new fieldturf fields that drain straight down into sand and gravel with tiling under that.

If the new fields had a crown all those little ground up tires particles/chips would drain away and clog the sidelines.

Edited by cba fan

There is a crown on the field, it is just much less of one.

The first two rows of seats at the Cap are now covered. Siting in row 4 will be fine. (I was in row 6 opening day)

The problem will be people who refuse to sit down in the seats in front of you. There were two pricks in row one. On opening day. They didn't get kicked out til after half time.

(And they were too close to the field and the police officers on it for the guys who very much wanted to beat the hell out of them to get away with it unseen ) :)

Man, I played on the old Rich Stadium field during high school in the 80s and it was like running up hill. I fell down, not even that bad, and got a major brush burn on that carpet and I can't imagine what our receivers were going through diving for passes on that tarmac!

baaahhhhh...never want to go back to those fields.

Man, I played on the old Rich Stadium field during high school in the 80s and it was like running up hill. I fell down, not even that bad, and got a major brush burn on that carpet and I can't imagine what our receivers were going through diving for passes on that tarmac!

baaahhhhh...never want to go back to those fields.

the old field was the worst. It was like those plastic grass carpets people use for model train sets, feels like sand paper or a cheese grater. There wasnt much padding if any at all. Felt like falling on concrete. Never understood how they kept it for so long.

The new field just gets slippery when its wet and you get rubber pellets everywhere.