When Will Tyrod Be Benched?

Fadingpain

It's ok Maj, no need to always have the the last say. I used to do that and made myself crazy with always trying to be right. Now I say my peace a few times and move on because in the grand scheme of things none of this arguing matters. We know their plan is to get an elite QB and will do so next spring, relax and enjoy ride.

Ooo believe me I am. It is fun at times to knock down some of the high horse posters around here that like to frag dissenting opinions. Also it is kind funny when certain groups get all riled up and of course read things into my posts that really are just not there.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never.

He may not be retained for 2018, that is up in the air now. He may miss games from injury. I doubt he will ever be benched, ESPECIALLY for Peterman. So all of you Nathan's Hotdogs should take some tranquilizers.

Peterman is the future

If I had to take a guess, I would think TT will be benched sometime after week 7. I just don't see how they yank him before that.

Exactly. Game 8, Jets on the road. I fully expect the Bills to be 2-5 (at best?) after 7 games. They might not want to throw him in for that one, though, since it's a short week/Thursday night. Next best guess: Game 9, at home, pathetic Saints defense. And a long prep week coming off that Jets game. I'd actually put money on Peterman starting no later than that Saints game.

...of what?

I like him, but.....

The Bills QB. I just think he will be their QB for quite a while, when he finally gets his chance. IMHO of course...

And a fifth round rookie will fare so much better with this very weak offense. SMH

That's the thing, no one really knows until he actually plays, right?

W/L is not a QB specific stat though. You're focusing on his playoff appearances alone to make him better than he actually is.

Tim Tebow's QB rating in the playoffs is better than Brady. His TD % is better than Big Ben's. And Y/A is better than both. I guess that means Tebow is really good?

Only because the stats say he is.

So then you say TT won't be benched at all?

I can not predict what the coaches will do. But if anyone looses a job it should come from the coaching side.

The RBs combine had 14 yards rushing

TT didnt get much time in the pocket

didnt see receivers down field open

Top rushing team form last year?

I think it is easy to defend TT and Im not a big fan of him.

14 yards rushing for all RBs in all 4 quarters. :bag::censored:

Tyrod has been given an opportunity to start and play within the coaches system. They brought in guys they feel fit in this same system. If Tyrod doesn't start using these guys the offense will continue struggle. Peterman is one of those guys they brought in and he will get a shot. When that happens depends on Taylor. This is not about setting him up to fail, it's about creating an offense they feel will be successful.

+1

McD HAD to start Tyrod this year, he was the incumbent starter, and as bad as some here want to bash him, he's been OK over the last two years. The current coaching staff had to see if Taylor could play in the system ... they had to see if Taylors short comings were a product of Wreck's ground and pound system ... had to see if they could turn a tentative passer into an NFL caliber QB. We really don't need top tier QB, just somebody that can consistently move the chains and score a few points. I think even those who don't like Taylor have to admit he brings to the table a pretty intriguing skillset when it comes to his running abilities. IMHO there just seems to be a disconnect between his arm and his eyes and his brain. Being a Bills fan I hope the light turns on in the next game or two and he begins to tear up the league ... but I'm starting to have my doubts it will ever happen.

As much as I believe McD had to start Taylor, I also believe that if Taylor's light doesn't come on in a big way the next game or two or three, he's going to HAVE to give Peterman an audition. Peterman's skill set seems to me to be the opposite of Tyrod's, he looks comfortable with a quick release throwing to a spot rather than an open receiver. I don't know if Peterman will be great, good, or terrible (the Bills fan in me hopes great) but the coaching staff needs an assessment under "live fire" to know if we just need to draft a QB early, or cash in all of our draft picks in a panic move to get the best QB we can.

Bottom line;

If Taylor turns out good ... I'm OK

If Taylor fails but Peterman turns out good ... I'm OK

If Taylor and Peterman both fail but we get a good QB in next years draft ... I'm OK

I just want a damn QB.

How many times do i have to tell you this season is NOTHING for me but one extended preseason seeing who on this team fits in the systems being run.

But you constantly caling out fans for how they act as fans will be entertaining this year so theres that.

Honestly though, for someone wanting the tank you sure do a lot of complaining about it. Why you so mad if the Bills are doing exactly what you want them to do?

Depends on when the locker room revolts.

Nobody saw EJ's benching coming.....until the team watched the tape and lost their ****.

A lot of people saw that coming.

See how the "Not Fair" stuff cant be used for others only TT

Why are you running around with this "not fair" in every post you make lately acting like its a fan thing. It was a media reporters comment. If you don't like it take it to twitter.

When?

Can't come soon enough.

I'm eager to see Peterman.

It will be like tanking without really trying to tank. We leave Tyrod in there all year and go 2-14. But we still have to leapfrog the Jets to get Darnold

Yep, right on man.

If we can't get Darnold I want Rosen

Edited by xRUSHx

Now W/L, QB rating, TD:INT ratio, and TD% are "cherry picked stats?"

Huh. It's almost like the most important stats are all really really good and don't support your argument.

The playoffs are the hardest place to play. You play the best teams, which is why QB's like Brady have passer ratings in the 80s in the postseason. And Flacco having comparable and sometimes better numbers in the postseason compared to the greats matters a lot. That's not average. Average QB play in the playoffs isn't on the heels of guys like Brady.

I can't convince somebody who is willing to be wrong.

You are reaching here. 2012 skews things quite a bit. Outside of that season he won a few wildcard games. Big whoop. The guy had one of the best defenses in the NFL and tossed hail mary's to in prime Boldin.