When Will Tyrod Be Benched?

Fadingpain

I think it's alittle early to be judging our WR group after 2 games with a QB who is known not to give his WRs many targets.... Funny how you still stick up for TT after 2 years of poor play but are quick to **** on the WRs after 2 games.

Except his play hasn't been poor the last two seasons as a whole.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are quite the troller. You literally have no inclination whatsoever of what Matthews thinks. Matter of factly just like last night its quite the contrary. Matthews has stated this:

Hes a great quarterback, knows where to find you on the field, Matthews said. Hes playing to my strengths, he knows the routes Im really good at. Hes watched film on me from when I was with the Eagles. Hes confident in me going out there, so Im ready to get out there and play with him.

Just stop with your lamp posts.

Did i say anything about what Matthews thinks. Anywhere in my posts anywhere?????

Yes they are.

2.5:1 TD:INT ratio?

2:1 W:L ratio?

Y/A 7.2?

5.6 TD%?

Flacco is freakin' money in the playoffs.

Did you just avoid yards, completion percentage and passer rating because it was damaging to your point?

Win loss ratio is a QB stat?

The only respectable number is the 25 TDs in 15 playoff games and he can thank the 2012 post-season where he played absolutely out of his mind

Edited by Bangarang

Did you just avoid yards, completion percentage and passer rating because it was damaging to your point?

Win loss ratio is a QB stat?

The only respectable number is the 25 TDs in 15 playoff games and he can thank the 2012 post-season where he played absolutely out of his mind

No.

Flacco has a better passer rating in the postseason than Big Ben and Peyton Manning.

He has .4 less passer rating than arguably the GOAT, Tom Brady.

He's really good in the playoffs. It's inarguable.

Edited by jmc12290

Except his play hasn't been poor the last two seasons as a whole.

He's had his moments but he has been consistently bad.... If he was consistently good we wouldn't be calling for another QB. Our WRs production depends on Tyrod giving them opportunities. In the first game our WRs caught 4 passes, that's when Tyrod was playing ok. In the second game they had 2 catches going into the 4th quarter. He made up some ground on the last drive when we went into hurry up and the Panthers went to prevent, but how can you be judging our WR when the QB rarely throws them the ball. He's done this before too. Hardly used Woods, Clay and Sammy at times, all guys who have proven when they are given opportunities they can be productive. Fact is, no WR has really turned heads with Taylor (except maybe Sammy over a 5 or 7 game stretch) throwing him the ball. But you continue to blame everybody except the one guy who touches the ball on every play.

He's had his moments but he has been consistently bad.... If he was consistently good we wouldn't be calling for another QB. Our WRs production depends on Tyrod giving them opportunities. In the first game our WRs caught 4 passes, that's when Tyrod was playing ok. In the second game they had 2 catches going into the 4th quarter. He made up some ground on the last drive when we went into hurry up and the Panthers went to prevent, but how can you be judging our WR when the QB rarely throws them the ball. He's done this before too. Hardly used Woods, Clay and Sammy at times, all guys who have proven when they are given opportunities they can be productive. Fact is, no WR has really turned heads with Taylor (except maybe Sammy over a 5 or 7 game stretch) throwing him the ball. But you continue to blame everybody except the one guy who touches the ball on every play.

He is not elite nor good. but he is far from the terrible QB you make him out to be. The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons.If the defense had been as advertised, they would have made the playoffs. He is a FA QB, not a drafted one with high expectations. He has done what has been asked of him. They took away what he is very good at-the deep ball-and left a WR group that most QBs would have trouble with. Five WRs on the depth chart-two are kick returners and one is a rookie. No true number one.

And the guy who touched the ball every play didn't turn the ball over. And his rushing ability was used properly the last two seasons. Not this season. You play to the strengths of your players, when that player is the best you have at the position.

No.

Flacco has a better passer rating in the postseason than Big Ben and Peyton Manning.

He has .4 less passer rating than arguably the GOAT, Tom Brady.

He's really good in the playoffs. It's inarguable.

So he's been consistently average during the regular season for his entire career but only slightly better in the playoffs? And this means he's better than an average QB? Yeah, we won't ever agree here.

So he's been consistently average during the regular season for his entire career but only slightly better in the playoffs? And this means he's better than an average QB? Yeah, we won't ever agree here.

Here I thought better than 2 HoFers and .4 point worse than the GOAT constituted more than "slightly better than average" in the playoffs.

LOL.

Here I thought better than 2 HoFers and .4 point worse than the GOAT constituted more than "slightly better than average" in the playoffs.

LOL.

So your cherry picked stats from 15 games holds more weight than 140 regular season games? You can say he's performed better in a handful of playoff appearances than his norm but overall he's been an average QB and you won't convince me otherwise.

He is not elite nor good. but he is far from the terrible QB you make him out to be. The offense put up a lot of points the last two seasons.If the defense had been as advertised, they would have made the playoffs. He is a FA QB, not a drafted one with high expectations. He has done what has been asked of him. They took away what he is very good at-the deep ball-and left a WR group that most QBs would have trouble with. Five WRs on the depth chart-two are kick returners and one is a rookie. No true number one.

And the guy who touched the ball every play didn't turn the ball over. And his rushing ability was used properly the last two seasons. Not this season. You play to the strengths of your players, when that player is the best you have at the position.

If the coaches have a plan and a system they want to run, it's Tyrod who is gonna have to adapt. Last year we once again beat crappy teams like any other year. You can go on about how many points we put up on average, but at the end of close games when we're in need points Tyrod has came up short time and time again. In our wins last year our D was as much a contributor as our offense.

If we want to be a playoff team we need to win in close games. When we have the opportunity to win at the end in the closing minutes we need to get the job done.... That's what's holding us back,. We have been a midrange team for years, and we consistently lose these close games because of our QB play. If we are and 7-9,8-8,9-7 team, and we start winning a few of these games we will become a 10 win team, maybe higher. Food for thought.

Edited by BananaB

i think if we go 1-4 it's time for a change. while i am in no way comparing tt to ej, i was glad marrone had the balls to put in orton and almost resurrect a chance at the post season. i hope they don't wait until that chance is gone if tt isn't getting it done.

the main thing that changed with the ortorn switch was basically going from having to give ej 5-6 seconds to make a decision to orton;s avg of 2.5.

i see that same quality in peterman. it doesn't matter if he has chemistry built with the wrs, he's quick at getting the ball out and making quick decisions. i just can't see tyrod ...past ,present or future creating a rhythm and establishing a chain moving ,efficient offensive drive....consistently.

we currently live or die by shady's ability on early downs or tyrod's ability to bail and make plays.... or the occasional wide open target that he can hit. if we had one series tyrod and the next series nate, i think it would look like nate was putting on a clinic on how to put together an nfl offensive drive.

we are going nowhere until we can get that kind of 2.5 second quickness vs. the 5 second sandlot ball. i hope the change comes while we may be able to salvage the season, if tt doesn't change a whole lot starting sunday, then mock picks will be the thing by thanksgiving.

thank god for our defense and that we aren't piled up with a bunch of afc opponents right off the bat. i pray we get past denver . afc wins are a must. if we see another carolina performance from tt this week, it will start looking like an uphill battle from there. if we go 1-3 ...or 1-4 then in my mind this staff is solely focused on next year....which severely lessens my respect level for this staff.

btw , i wonder what the decision/release time of tt compares to his peers at this point......

So your cherry picked stats from 15 games holds more weight than 140 regular season games? You can say he's performed better in a handful of playoff appearances than his norm but overall he's been an average QB and you won't convince me otherwise.

Now W/L, QB rating, TD:INT ratio, and TD% are "cherry picked stats?"

Huh. It's almost like the most important stats are all really really good and don't support your argument.

The playoffs are the hardest place to play. You play the best teams, which is why QB's like Brady have passer ratings in the 80s in the postseason. And Flacco having comparable and sometimes better numbers in the postseason compared to the greats matters a lot. That's not average. Average QB play in the playoffs isn't on the heels of guys like Brady.

I can't convince somebody who is willing to be wrong.

Was the body language very Robert Woods like. Yep it was. No where does it talk about what he is thinking. So try again

Let it go dude. 7k posts and half of them are about Tyrod Taylor. Relax breh. 7k more comments about Tyrod isnt gonna change anything, not even peoples minds.

On another note lol @ other people noticing the Robert Woods thing. I thought i was the only one who saw that. I think most i realized it was when tyrod hit Salas for that 77 yarder last season for a TD vs the jets. He looked like he was sad he didnt get the ball, instead of happy we scored right back.

If the coaches have a plan and a system they want to run, it's Tyrod who is gonna have to adapt. Last year we once again beat crappy teams like any other year. You can go on about how many points we put up on average, but at the end of close games when we're in need points Tyrod has came up short time and time again. In our wins last year our D was as much a contributor then our offense.

If we want to be a playoff team we need to win in close games. When we have the opportunity to win at the end in the closing minutes we need to get the job done.... That's what's holding us back,. We have been a midrange team for years, and we consistently lose these close games because of our QB play. If we are and 7-9,8-8,9-7 team, and we start winning a few of these games we will become a 10 win team, maybe higher. Food for thought.

Sorry the USS Tyrod has sailed. He will be obviously exposed v Denver and after the Falcon debacle he will be benched (or hurt). Bring Peterman in v Cinncy and see what he can do. If he struggles we're getting an amazing draft pick...