Howard and Jeremy amateur hour

BLZFAN4LIFE

@CardinalScotts I agree that the nightcap show is better than both the morning and afternoon show. At least those guys are entertaining and it sounds like they are having fun! Schopp needs some prozac and a nice job licking envelopes at the post office perhaps. He's not suited to talk to people. I wish we could replace either the morning or afternoon show with a show like the instigators but with former Bills players. Now that would be awesome! Lorenzo Alexander wants to get into radio and I think he would be really good at it. He will play out this contract but they would be smart to ink him to a radio deal for when he's done!

haha when I listen I'm always hoping for the "Sal" segment to come on as well. He at least knows what he's talking about. I do listen to the Nightcap sometimes when I work out. The "kids" that host the show arent bad and I like that they replay Coach/player media sessions or interviews from throughout the day because I usually don't hear them live.

Totally agree

Lorenzo, Kyle, and Fred in the mornings. Make it happen!!!

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh, the young silent majority. Wish they would stay, you know, silent.

Imo,you calling someone a dshbag is like the pot calling the kettle black. Getting really personal there, buddy. Do you know him?! I don't know you, but you seem like a REAL dshbag! This is subjective, of course.

ya, know, when observing something and called out for it in such a ridiculous fashion he made a terrible terrible fool of himself. Glad you could also follow suit.

Tit for tat now it's splat.

Welcome to the 21st, buckaroo.

I like Howard and Jeremy. I think Howard though should move on from his "back in my day" old man takes. I used to enjoy Jeremy vs Sully but I havent heard Sully on WGR in a few years? Does he refuse to come on or is he banned? As for Murphy, he is way too company line for me.

it seems like WGR guys and TBN guys are not symbiotic.

Because it's well deserved. Always amusing when people complain about the media delivering the bad news instead of the teams creating the bad news.

You pretty much prove my point. You like being told how awful everything is.

You know our D looked pretty good Sunday.

WHO CARES! Tyrod and the offense sucked and Cam was probably still hurt.

See how that works?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

If i were to rank them

1. Instagators - Petty and Riv are awesome together i wish there was a football show like this

2. Schopp and Bulldog

3. Howard and Jeremy

4. The night Cap

5. The propaganda hours (Murph and Jones)

Nunber 5 lol. Although I will say, Donald Jones gave a GREAT insight on that missed zay Jones pass yesterday

You're not wrong. I went to work for WFNX in Boston in the early 2000s. Turns out, that wasn't a great time to be getting into commercial terrestrial radio.

But Howard and Jeremy aren't even the most amateurish show on WGR, by far. Believe me, I'm kind of a snob about production values. But nowhere else can we hear as much Bills radio content, so I suck it up and deal because I like hearing about my team.

'FNX was a legendary station. I'm jealous.

That's fine, I'm not a public figure. When you work in the public and act like a jerk people will call you out for it. If you don't want to hear the opinion of former listeners then don't put yourself out there. Lots of other jobs in this world. Lots of know it all jerks at the dmv

There's a whole thread about it so people in here must think so. It's not all bad, just 2 people that drive me nuts. 1 on each show. Maybe put them together so I can just skip that 1 show instead of tuning in thinking today might be better, getting frustrated, and turning it off

I travel and try to find local sports radio in each state. People complain about GR because that is all they know. I promise you, its not even remotely bad.

See how that works?

You still on the "Become a fan of the pats bandwagon if you don't see sunshine and rainbows"?

I haven't listened in over 10 years. Sounds like nothing has changed. How Bulldog still has a job is totally amazing.

Inertia. Stay someplace long enough and you become a thing.

I travel and try to find local sports radio in each state. People complain about GR because that is all they know. I promise you, its not even remotely bad.

You still on the "Become a fan of the pats bandwagon if you don't see sunshine and rainbows"?

I'm just pointing out that some people like bad news. They like getting angry.

Ok but wouldn't you rather have a show with former players that is similar to the Instigator's show? Donald Jones does not count as a former player. He wasn't here long enough to get a cup of coffee. They might not be able to afford some of the better known players but there's tons of former players that were kinda sorta good that I would love to hear from. Look at how well Marcelus Wiley is doing now. We don't have anyone else from the past that is looking for a platform to start their career in media? I need more X's and O's and less cry babies that can't even answer the caller's questions

1000000% true

both great points..shocking i agree with both :lol:

Ok but wouldn't you rather have a show with former players that is similar to the Instigator's show? Donald Jones does not count as a former player. He wasn't here long enough to get a cup of coffee. They might not be able to afford some of the better known players but there's tons of former players that were kinda sorta good that I would love to hear from. Look at how well Marcelus Wiley is doing now. We don't have anyone else from the past that is looking for a platform to start their career in media? I need more X's and O's and less cry babies that can't even answer the caller's questions

3 years is here for a cup of coffee? BTW, I do not like Jones and Murph either, and guess what ..I don't listen to them EVER!

BTW, Instigators is company owned just like Murph and Jones.PSE pays those guys, not GR

Okay, I get it now. If you see anything good you are drinking Koolaid. All bad, all the time. Get with the program.

I dont believe you read any of my posts, or the majority of the posters on here.

You believe that anyone says anything negative about the Bills, or does not agree with the direction they are taking, means they are not "true" Bills fans.

The great majority of posters here try to be objective, something you and ScottLaw on the side, can never be.

I can be a Bills fan, and disagree with the direction of team, or think TT is not an NFL QB, or think Dennison may not fir his offense to the talents on the team, and still, root for them to win..both things can, in actuality, be true.

But not in your world. IN your world, blind faith and optimism in all things Bills is the only way to be a true fan..just boring

I listen to Howard and Jeremy here and there. I don't think Howard is that bad, seems like his role is keeping the show moving forward and making statements that open up the floor for responses. Jeremy gets a little self-righteous and condescending at times. Schopp and the Bulldog are rough. I've heard them hang up on callers just because they disagreed and one time Schopp cut some kid off for "taking a shot at his guy." The caller said he had called into talk with Howard and Jeremy, Jeremy disagreed with his take and the kid mentioned that to Schopp and as he was talking Schopp suddenly jumped in and ended the call like, "Nah, you can't take a shot at my guy and expect me to listen to you." It was a little ridiculous.

I try to understand the position these dudes are in. Most of the calls they get are pretty bad from people who really don't have a very good opinion so it's natural that they disagree and get frustrated. What gets old is that whenever they are met with a caller who has a decent take, they get flustered by it and instead of debating they just keep pushing their own points.

It is what it is, whatever. I actually don't mind Murph and DJ because you know what to expect with them. Yeah, Murph wears on you with the company line stuff but DJ has good insight when it comes to on the field stuff and will share some good insider stories now and then.

See how that works?

I like listening to realistic assessments, not puff pieces. I don't need to be told anything, I've been seeing it for 17 years. If you actually listened to the show you'd know they complemented the D. But they still lost, so the emphasis should be on what's wrong. You might be satisfied with praising a losing effort, but many of us are not. Wave your pom-poms at another mediocre season.