Sammy watch

dave mcbride

Once again, the Bills were in full control of the situation for at least four years with the fifth year option and the franchise tag available.

...understand your point....but let's look at it from a different perspective which of course is a hypothetical although I hate shoulda coulda woulda.......Sammy's prospective I would say it that he has dedicated himself to the Bills from day one, but subjected to unfortunate injuries......when he learns Bflo will not exercise his 5th year, does he understand or feel betrayed?...if the Bills wave the "tag flag" in front of him, is his reaction to become MORE pissed off or "I'll show you"?.....if he's more pissed, do you still want to tag him?......a multitude of behind closed door questions for which we will NEVER know the answers......

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I was concerned with the trade, but now that we get to see what the Bills have I actually think it was a good deal for the Bills.

I don't know what they plan on doing in the draft, but right now the Bills D looks really good. That secondary is a lot better and they are doing it with a rookie. Sammy is going to want big money in the offseason and probably wouldn't be possible to stay in Buffalo. For once the Bills got something for a player.

If this D can maintain their play the Bills are going to be in every game this year and if the offense can start to figure itself out they are going to be just fine. Imaging going into the draft with out a question with Taylor and Peterman. The Bills could use their first 4 picks on LB, OL, DL and WR and they would still have 2 more picks in the 3rd round.

Anyway just my 2¢

I was concerned with the trade, but now that we get to see what the Bills have I actually think it was a good deal for the Bills.

Agree. I am a firm believer to let things sort out before crazy premature "hot takes." I am just glad the players we got from the trades are panning out and doing well.

Edited by aceman_16

I don't know what they plan on doing in the draft, but right now the Bills D looks really good. That secondary is a lot better and they are doing it with a rookie. Sammy is going to want big money in the offseason and probably wouldn't be possible to stay in Buffalo. For once the Bills got something for a player.

If this D can maintain their play the Bills are going to be in every game this year and if the offense can start to figure itself out they are going to be just fine. Imaging going into the draft with out a question with Taylor and Peterman. The Bills could use their first 4 picks on LB, OL, DL and WR and they would still have 2 more picks in the 3rd round.

Anyway just my 2¢

When you factor in the injury concerns with Sammy AND the fact that he is gonna want to get paid then look at what we got in return this whole thing feels a lot better.

Maybe Beane really does know what he is doing?

Yep and the Rams gave up a 39 burger to San Fran.

Sammy is an awful cb.

When you factor in the injury concerns with Sammy AND the fact that he is gonna want to get paid then look at what we got in return this whole thing feels a lot better.

Maybe Beane really does know what he is doing?

Be honest John. No matter what Beane does, you will like it. :)

Too bad. The Rams need one. They had a good one, but they traded him. Along with a 2nd round pick.

To be fair, Gaines lost his starting job opposite Trumaine Johnson to Kayvon Webster in an open competition, and didn't win the nickel job against former Bill Nickell Robey-Coleman.

It was smart for them to deal from a position of strength, just as it was smart of Denver to deal Kayvon Webster when it was obvious that he wasn't going to get playing time in a secondary that already featured Talib/Harris/Roby

FWIW

..............................rec att yds avg ypg TD

Jordan Matthews 8 11 152 19.0 50.7 0
Sammy Watkins 13 14 194 14.9 64.7 2

always interesting to see these stats. But since we traded Sammy for Gaines, and our secondary has allowed ZERO pass TD's, I'd say we are winning the trade.

To be fair, Gaines lost his starting job opposite Trumaine Johnson to Kayvon Webster in an open competition, and didn't win the nickel job against former Bill Nickell Robey-Coleman.

It was smart for them to deal from a position of strength, just as it was smart of Denver to deal Kayvon Webster when it was obvious that he wasn't going to get playing time in a secondary that already featured Talib/Harris/Roby

Greta point. But good for the Bills to find a player who fits their D very well, and scoop up a 1st rounder.

always interesting to see these stats. But since we traded Sammy for Gaines, and our secondary has allowed ZERO pass TD's, I'd say we are winning the trade.

Greta point. But good for the Bills to find a player who fits their D very well, and scoop up a 1st rounder.

Absolutely...I had my doubts about Gaines' ability to regain his 2014 form, but so far he's been very good.