Sammy watch

dave mcbride

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bills received a 2011 4th round pick and a 2012 5th round pick for Marshawn Lynch.

Chris Hairston is still in the NFL, the backup Right Tackle for the LA Chargers

Tank Carder is also still in the NFL with the Cleveland Browns. He tore his ACL last month and was put on IR but last season was a backup ILB for the Browns.

Pardon me. Two special teamers -- for other teams -- for an All Pro RB. That's the Bills way. No wonder the Bills haven't made the playoffs in this century ... and aren't likely to make them any time in the foreseeable future, either.

I didn't think it was possible, but the Rams are using him less than the bills did

Maybe you should have waited a while longer.

I'm still not sure folks understand. They traded Watkins for a second and a starting DB. they wanted the draft collateral and probably weren't expecting to sign him next season, were able to get a starting WR whom I suspect they thought fits their WCO well. . It's not because they didn't know Sammy is good at football.

I understand perfectly. The Bills didn't want to pay Watkins. Not this year, not next year. They don't need or want fast, game breaking WRs with sure hands because the genius offensive minded coaches the Bills continue to hire like offenses that were passe fifty years ago ... but carry on. Maybe in another half century, the pendulum will swing back to the era before the forward pass and the Bills will get their "championship caliber team" they've spent this entire century not building.

We're going to have 3-4 of those 'one plays' this year just like the last 17. Then we'll shovel a bunch of picks for a QB who may or may not be good. Then we'll remember we needed a #1 WR and use another pick there. Then it'll be 2-3 years in the future and all our vets will retire or leave via FA and we'll have more holes to fill...

We are setting ourselves up to build an offense while our defense retires and the cycle repeats. Good O, good D, good O...

Not in a good mood today, as you can see.

More like a dozen of those 'one plays'. Watkins will probably become an All Pro like Peters and Lynch, and the true believers will continue to bleat about "they didn't want to be here anyways" so no great loss.

Personally, I don't think the Bills are capable of building a good O since they don't believe in paying WRs or RBs or OGs. I'm not sure that they believe in paying QBs either, since they've never been able to actually draft and develop a good one.

Those who liked the trade misunderstood what people like me mean when we say Sammy is soft. I would say Sammy is injury prone and soft, and then someone would post something about Julio Jones having the same lower leg fracture... The foot injury wasn't the point. It's that he is generally soft. He does not play physically, and when he does for the first time ever he ends up injured. His injuries in the past were not from crazy hard hits. Neither was last night's. It was a very standard "fight for yards" play that any receiver in the league will try on a weekly basis. And he ends up with a concussion. If you're not seeing it I don't know what else to say.

What about his build is tying together a foot injury and a concussion though?

False narrative. He suffered one major injury in his career that hampered him last season.

He missed games in 2015 because of a calf and ankle. 2016 isn't the only season he missed games.

He missed 8 in 2016. Missed 3 starts in 2015. Didn't finish the two more games that lead to missing those starts.

He was injury riddled.

Absolutely. I look at his 1st two seasons and easily say yes, but they should have picked up his 5th year option.

I wouldn't. I guess we'll disagree with this.

Yep. The whole narrative of we needed to get something for him because he wouldn't sign here is flat out bogus. The team had control of the situation for the next two years on his rookie deal and beyond if they wanted it.

Bogus as we would have resigned with us?

It's just my opinion. I think he wants to go to a team with a better passing QB. It's just my opinion.

He already complained about targets and he wasn't going to get that in Buffalo. Again, my opinion.

He missed games in 2015 because of a calf and ankle. 2016 isn't the only season he missed games.

He missed 8 in 2016. Missed 3 starts in 2015. Didn't finish the two more games that lead to missing those starts.

He was injury riddled.

See Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, and Julian Edelman who are all with their original teams. Only the Bills are shortsighted enough to deal away a great playmaker.

I believe that. In fact once Rex was ran out of town I said that Watkins wouldn't be happy with it. Rex treated Sammy like a son, essentially Watkins watched his Daddy get torched by fans, media and then the organization.

Watkins gets heated from twitter. It's not far fetched to think that what happened to Rex put a bad taste in Watkins mouth.

Ryan thought he was soft.

Yep. The whole narrative of we needed to get something for him because he wouldn't sign here is flat out bogus. The team had control of the situation for the next two years on his rookie deal and beyond if they wanted it.

what's your source?

Ctrl v

He was injury riddled.

Bogus as we would have resigned with us?

It's just my opinion. I think he wants to go to a team with a better passing QB. It's just my opinion.

He already complained about targets and he wasn't going to get that in Buffalo. Again, my opinion.

Bogus as in him re-signing didn't have to be an issue for at least two more seasons. That's a fact. The rest of what you post here is admittedly opinion, but it seems like a way of convincing yourself that a trade was the correct move.

See Dez Bryant, Julio Jones, and Julian Edelman who are all with their original teams. Only the Bills are shortsighted enough to deal away a great playmaker.

Dez Bryant, Julio Jones and Julian Edelman are all on teams that didn't have a limited passing QB where their production equaled their contract.

Again, not entirely Watkins fault but if he's not going to be featured in our offense, it's hard to justify paying him that much.

Watkins last two years in Buffalo, he averaged 7.5 and 6.5 targets per game.

Your exactly right. The three games this year are a perfect snapshot of his career, two nothing games, one good game and then gets hurt.

If a tree falls in the forest, but no one is there to hear it, does it make a sound?

If a WR is loaded with talent and has no holes in his game, but is frequently unable to perform because he is injured and misses lots of game time, is he an elite weapon?

You can have the fastest/best race car in the field. If its engine blows every race on the 3rd lap, it is worthless.

Bogus as in him re-signing didn't have to be an issue for at least two more seasons. That's a fact. The rest of what you post here is admittedly opinion, but it seems like a way of convincing yourself that a trade was the correct move.

I just don't think picking up an option of $13,000,000 when he was coming off of a year where he averaged 6.5 targets a game.

He's not featured in the offense. If he was, then yes I definitely pick that up.

He wanted/wants targets...he's not getting it here.

Dez Bryant, Julio Jones and Julian Edelman are all on teams that didn't have a limited passing QB where their production equaled their contract.

Again, not entirely Watkins fault but if he's not going to be featured in our offense, it's hard to justify paying him that much.

Apparently the plan is to acquire a franchise QB next season. If that is indeed the case, then trading Watkins is shortsighted. The LA Rams and Jared Goff say thank you Mr. Beane.

Yeah, but it's 99.5% likely we have a new rookie starting QB next year. Wouldn't it have been nice to have him throwing to a guy like Watkins? Even at $13 million for that season who cares. We are not strapped to a large QB contract.

Your exactly right. The three games this year are a perfect snapshot of his career, two nothing games, one good game and then gets hurt.

Exactly. Nothing has been proven about the trade yet. Everyone knew Sammy would have a 100 yard game at some point. This isn't a surprise. It doesn't mean the trade was bad, I am sure if you could have gotten the truth from Beane he would have told you Sammy will produce this year. He has had 2 games of below average production, 1 game of above average, and an injury. So far it is the same story it was here for him.