Big takeaway from our opponent today: Newton way overrated

How can you say he missed? I think the rookie ran the wrong route.

You know this, how?

DId you hear how downtrodden and critical Cam was about his own inaccuracy after the game?

Are we even talking about the same play? I'm talking about the one where the Panthers were inside the 10 and Newton rolled to his right a little and threw the ball very high to a WIDE OPEN Christian McCaffery.

Is that the play you're talking about? That was the one I was referring to.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure why people keep insisting this about Newton when he's 2 years removed from being the league MVP and having one of the best single season and post season's ever in Carolina that year.

The issue with him is that he's not 100% coming off shoulder surgery which is also why we only lost the game by 6 points and miraculously had a chance to win.

Against the Broncos and certainly the Falcons it's going to be a much better story given the QB's we are facing.

He made the same terrible passes against the Bills in 2013.

Not sure why people keep insisting this about Newton when he's 2 years removed from being the league MVP and having one of the best single season and post season's ever in Carolina that year.

The issue with him is that he's not 100% coming off shoulder surgery which is also why we only lost the game by 6 points and miraculously had a chance to win.

Against the Broncos and certainly the Falcons it's going to be a much better story given the QB's we are facing.

Right on man

We played a Cam that was only playing at about 70% and sadly he was still better then a healthy Tyrod at 100%. SMH

Edited by xRUSHx

You know this, how?

DId you hear how downtrodden and critical Cam was about his own inaccuracy after the game?

Are we even talking about the same play? I'm talking about the one where the Panthers were inside the 10 and Newton rolled to his right a little and threw the ball very high to a WIDE OPEN Christian McCaffery.

Is that the play you're talking about? That was the one I was referring to.

He's trying to be clever and failing miserably. Par for the course around here.

thier D will likely carry his team further than the bills D carries the team simply because they have the better QB. he's not overrated, he's just the better QB.

the bills defense can only go as far as the offense goes and in yesterday's case, the bills only managed 3 points on offense, that's not going to get the job done!

...he is still suffering post surgery...at the same time, you ever know which Cam version you get.....15-1 or 6-10.........BUT....Belichick wears his Walmart style hoodies to pressers (with his 5 Pats SB rings in the safe) while Scam is worried about his fedora and matching slippers.........

...he is still suffering post surgery...at the same time, you ever know which Cam version you get.....15-1 or 6-10.........BUT....Belichick wears his Walmart style hoodies to pressers (with his 5 Pats SB rings in the safe) while Scam is worried about his fedora and matching slippers.........

I'm a Newton fan...you can quibble with his style choices but you can't really question his desire:

cambigrunmiddle.gif

So interesting what happens to perspective when it's not our QB.

Did someone here actually use the word "incredible" for Newton's game yesterday?

Incredible?!

Seriously?!?!

That's insanity 0:)

Yup. Newton was "off" yesterday. Apparently him being off had nothing to do with the Bills defense. They were no more than a mosquito buzzing around. And (boo-hoo) he was missing his favorite target. Newton is an MVP QB who just happened to have a boo-boo, lost his tight end, got sacked 6 times, and failed to score TD against an obviously inferior team yesterday.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

I'm a Newton fan...you can quibble with his style choices but you can't really question his desire:

cambigrunmiddle.gif

...matter of differing opinions and I respect yours period....maybe he is maturing, but there have been too many instances where he has thrown teammates under the bus in pressers to save personal face.....TEAM sport I believe.....

I actually like cams style. he's a character for sure. I do believe he's not 100% post surgery and it'll take a few more games, barring any other injury before he gets his game on. they have the defense, that's for sure.

Define "overrated" and then provide citations and examples of that overhype, like rankings from prominent evaluators of talent and respected journalists (oxymoron, my bad). What is he rated and in your expert opinion, where should be be rated/ranked. This is the classic post where someone doesn't like a guy because he's obnoxious (dabbing) and is roundly celebrated and just beat your team. That doesn't make him overrated, neither do any of the flimsy arguments you made, especially absent a quantification of his current status and a well-developed rebuke citing your own quantitative scale.

If that career with a winning record, MVP, and Super Bowl trip makes him overrated, no QB this team ever drafts will make you happy. Is he super accurate a la Drew Brees, nope. Has he won a ton of games, plays well in crunch time (unlike TT who couldn't come back against UB down 3 if he started at the 50), has a decent TD to INT ratio and Y/A. Maybe, just maybe you don't know feces about QB evaluation.

I actually like cams style. he's a character for sure. I do believe he's not 100% post surgery and it'll take a few more games, barring any other injury before he gets his game on. they have the defense, that's for sure.

...he's not IMO......and his style dictates 100%.....guy is what 250+?........maybe it is just my personal preference for a guy that focuses on playing a TEAM game versus the ME spotlight........NOT to open a firestorm of 100 pages of debate, but I like TT's more subtle approach to business as a team game and his work ethic.......if Cam displayed more of those traits, he could be something, but a personality is one's individual trait IMO be it brash, bold, boastful or whatever.....after 55 years following this stupid game, I prefer the grinders who show me week in and week out....

Yup. Newton was "off" yesterday. Apparently him being off had nothing to do with the Bills defense. They were no more than a mosquito buzzing around. And (boo-hoo) he was missing his favorite target. Newton is an MVP QB who just happened to have a boo-boo, lost his tight end, got sacked 6 times, and failed to score TD against an obviously inferior team yesterday.

Oh well this is fascinating.

We come up with 1000 excuses for an opposing team's QB having a bad game but....

and I'm sure you can finish that sentence 0:)

I find this thread pretty ironic given the OP.

I'm glad you appreciate it :flirt:

I was waiting for that comment.

...he's not IMO......and his style dictates 100%.....guy is what 250+?........maybe it is just my personal preference for a guy that focuses on playing a TEAM game versus the ME spotlight........NOT to open a firestorm of 100 pages of debate, but I like TT's more subtle approach to business as a team game and his work ethic.......if Cam displayed more of those traits, he could be something, but a personality is one's individual trait IMO be it brash, bold, boastful or whatever.....after 55 years following this stupid game, I prefer the grinders who show me week in and week out....

I mean, brady is an arrogant sob. you have to take in to consideration that some at the position are going to have their quirks. at the end of the day though, if they're getting the job done, winning games, it isn't all that much to be concerned with really.

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973

He lost his best receiving option for more than half of the game.

He's a freak athlete, shrugs off sacks better than any other QB, and is dynamic in the run game. He sometimes has sloppy and lazy mechanics that get him in trouble.

Hmmm... fascinating... other than replacing the words "shrugs off" with the word "eludes" this sounds very much like a QB you hate.

Again, so interesting that people throw out this losing Olsen excuse despite the fact that he was targeted twice in all his time on the field for 1 reception for 10 yards. And yeah, you can say he missed most of the game all you want, except he was there for the entire first quarter and the Panthers ran 22 offensive plays in that quarter alone.

Newton still had Benjamin and Funchess who he's built chemistry with over years and throw in an "Elite" rookie hybrid and this hypocritical excuse is pretty comical.

Newton was fortunate enough often late to find WRs wide friggin open in the middle of the field while wildly missing guys on more than one occasion and that's something he's done over the course of his entire career. It's not just yesterday.