Why did the bills draft Peterman?

Steptide

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The Bills can play Peterman the final 4-5 weeks of the season. We don't need to see him before then.

Mark it down: @ Jets, Thursday night, 11/2. Bills will be 1-6 or 2-5. Young Nathan will be handed the keys. Soft part of the schedule: @ Jets, home vs. Saints pathetic D, @ Chargers. He'll be given every chance to succeed.

Edited by The Frankish Reich

He did nothing nothing nothing whatsoever in the preseason to counter the knocks on him. Not one thing. Not one time. You realize that he had one TD, a crappy rating, a crappy completion percentage, and zero downfield, right? He wasn't even any good. He didn't read defenses or go through more than his second progression. He didn't handle rushes well. He threw eight to ten yard passes very fast very accurate very well. Thats a good thing. But that's also it.

We'll agree to disagree.

If you are implying we'll still be mathematically alive for the playoffs in December I assure you that's not happening with Taylor as the starter.

The Bills are a bottom 5 NFL team because their offense is among the worst in the league.

We're bad at QB, have a subpar OL, have nothing at WR, nothing at TE and one capable RB.

This offense is terrible and Peterman isn't making them any better.

Mark it down: @ Jets, Thursday night, 11/2. Bills will be 1-6 or 2-5. Young Nathan will be handed the keys. Soft part of the schedule: @ Jets, home vs. Saints pathetic D, @ Chargers. He'll be given every chance to succeed.

I totally agree. I've been saying for months I think this is a 4-12 team, but at that point why on earth would we be trying to win games?

Edited by jrober38

We'll agree to disagree.

Tell me what plays he made downfield. Show me what plays he made that showed real arm strength. Show me what plays he made when he was under fire on a rush outside of once or twice when he immediately ran up the middle when the rush came. Show me his touchdown passes. Show me more than one completion over 20 yards in the air. Show me one play where he went to his third progresssion. Show one game he put up points. He had like 70 rating. Crappy completion percentage. Literally one touchdown (on a fabulous pass I will admit). People here give him credit for things he never did. What he did was one thing great. Make a quick decision and get a quick pass off accurately short. That is what he did and he did it great and it is an important element. He did little else.

The Bills are a bottom 5 NFL team because their offense is among the worst in the league.

We're bad at QB, have a subpar OL, have nothing at WR, nothing at TE and one capable RB.

This offense is terrible and Peterman isn't making them any better.

I totally agree. I've been saying for months I think this is a 4-12 team, but at that point why on earth would we be trying to win games?

Peterman's mere presence will open up the run game by making the OL block better and the WRs will suddenly be wide open on every play with the Bills becoming a big play offense. He's a savior.

They were alive until week 16 was over last season. How in the world did that ever happen with him at the helm?

Because the offense was better in terms of scheme and overall talent, there's a reason why Anthony Lynn was hired as the chargers HC even if he doesn't end up lasting there very long.

We also had several deep threats and a top notch back up RB.

The book on Taylor is out and he's not magically going to get better and what you saw today is going to continue in most games this year because teams are going to load up and say beat us with your arm and we all know he can't.

Tell me what plays he made downfield. Show me what plays he made that showed real arm strength. Show me what plays he made when he was under fire on a rush outside of once or twice when he immediately ran up the middle when the rush came. Show me his touchdown passes. Show me more than one completion over 20 yards in the air. Show me one play where he went to his third progresssion. Show one game he put up points. He had like 70 rating. Crappy completion percentage. Literally one touchdown (on a fabulous pass I will admit). People here give him credit for things he never did. What he did was one thing great. Make a quick decision and get a quick pass off accurately short. That is what he did and he did it great and it is an important element. He did little else.

People love Peterman simply because he isn't Tyrod Taylor.

This has been going on for years.

When we had Bledsoe, everyone wanted JP.

When we had JP, everyone wanted Trent.

When we had Trent, everyone wanted Fitz.

When we had seen Trent AND Fitz, everyone wanted Brian Freaking Brohm.

When we had EJ, some people legitimately wanted Tuel.

Now we have Taylor, and some people are driven to thinking Nate Peterman is an upgrade.

This season does not matter. All that matters is which QB the Bills draft next year in the 1st round and whether or not they're good enough to turn this franchise around.

Edited by jrober38

People lover Peterman simply because he isn't Tyrod Taylor.

This has been going on for years.

When we had Bledsoe, everyone wanted JP.

When we had JP, everyone wanted Trent.

When we had Trent, everyone wanted Fitz.

When we had seen Trent AND Fitz, everyone wanted Brian Freaking Brohm.

When we had EJ, some people legitimately wanted Tuel.

Now we have Taylor, and some people are driven to thinking Nate Peterman is an upgrade.

This season does not matter. All that matters is which QB the Bills draft next year in the 1st round and whether or not they're good enough to turn this franchise around.

Hey, I wanted Lewis!

Teams do this all the time for two reasons: (1) you need a backup. (2) you may get lucky and find a Russell Wilson or a Dak Prescott instead of a Cardale Jones. It makes sense, and bad teams have the luxury of seeing whether they've got a Prescott or a Cardale sooner than good teams ...

Winning answer

The quarterback who eventually is going to be our franchise qb is not on the roster. Most people acknowledge that obvious reality. Taylor is what he has always been i.e. a bridge qb who currently gives this team the best chance to succeed. That doesn't mean that when this team falls out of the playoff race, as it will, that the wrestling coach will stick with Taylor as its starter.

I'm not particularly a Taylor fan (as you well know) but to be fair to him because of the lack of talent in the receiving corps he is not being put in a position to succeed, or any other qb to succeed. The Bills are in a major rebuilding process. Including this year it is going to take another three to four years before this team becomes a serious team. Anyone who thought that this new regime was going to quickly turn around this sunken ship is in for a major disappointment.

Because the offense was better in terms of scheme and overall talent, there's a reason why Anthony Lynn was hired as the chargers HC even if he doesn't end up lasting there very long.

We also had several deep threats and a top notch back up RB.

The book on Taylor is out and he's not magically going to get better and what you saw today is going to continue in most games this year because teams are going to load up and say beat us with your arm and we all know he can't.

No. They had a hobbled Watkins and a bunch of nobodies like Walt Powell at WR for a good portion of the season.

What's the hurry? We've played 2 games

The Bills can play Peterman the final 4-5 weeks of the season. We don't need to see him before then.

Of course... Wait until all hope of a fruitful season is lost, THEN toss the rookie into that quagmire of failure... Good plan! :thumbsup:

The quarterback who eventually is going to be our franchise qb is not on the roster. Most people acknowledge that obvious reality. Taylor is what he has always been i.e. a bridge qb who currently gives this team the best chance to succeed. That doesn't mean that when this team falls out of the playoff race, as it will, that the wrestling coach will stick with Taylor as its starter.

I'm not particularly a Taylor fan (as you well know) but to be fair to him because of the lack of talent in the receiving corps he is not being put in a position to succeed, or any other qb to succeed. The Bills are in a major rebuilding process. Including this year it is going to take another three to four years before this team becomes a serious team. Anyone who thought that this new regime was going to quickly turn around this sunken ship is in for a major disappointment.

I agree with the first part but disagree with the second portion.

You're absolutely right in saying this season is meaningless. Aside from figuring out a little bit about our coach and if their tendencies and personality make him look like a potential winner with a better roster, this season is a meaningless one.

As for the second part, I don't think the rebuild has to be a long one. The Bills have an elite defense with most of the key pieces locked up long term. If they can find a half decent QB and rebuild at the WR position by adding a legit #1 who can actually stretch the defense, we could wind up being better sooner than people think.

Who knows if we'll draft the right QB, but if we do I think the quality of this defense could allow for a quick turn around.

Edited by jrober38