Why did the bills draft Peterman?

Steptide

College QBs getting substituted in and out. Why are pro QBs so fragile that they can't get pulled when they are stinking up the joint?

Why did they draft Peterman is the wrong question. Why haven't they been picking QBs every year to try to find a franchise guy?

Edited by Sky Diver

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I would assume they felt he was a steal in the 5th round especially since many experts thought he could be as high a 2nd round pick.

The only thing I'm looking forward to this season is getting a chance to see him play but since we are probably drafting a QB high in the draft next year Peteman might not have much of a chance in Buffalo unless he lights it up this season.

ya know I keep hearing people say this, but I'm gonna say something that might upset some people- it is not a guarantee we take a 1st round QB next year...I know it may sound crazy...but depending who declares and where we pick in relation to other QB needy teams, we may not have a shot at someone we are targeting...there is a distinct chance that once Tyrod is released after the season, Peterman may be competing with a 2nd rounder or later pick for starter.

If Darnold and Rosen do not declare, I feel it really hurts the Bill's chances for drafting a first round QB...because then Rudolph would likely go #1 overall, and you are left with Mayfield (who I don't feel is a McBeane type of guy in physical attributes and off-the-field issues), and Luke Falk (who I'm not even sure will be graded out as a 1st round prospect), and Josh Allen, who looks no better than a 4th round prospect who would be wise to return to school.

So, to me, NOT drafting a QB high is certainly not out of the question...When all is said and done, Peterman could very well be our best option next year.

Edited by JaCrispy

He did nothing nothing nothing whatsoever in the preseason to counter the knocks on him. Not one thing. Not one time. You realize that he had one TD, a crappy rating, a crappy completion percentage, and zero downfield, right? He wasn't even any good. He didn't read defenses or go through more than his second progression. He didn't handle rushes well. He threw eight to ten yard passes very fast very accurate very well. Thats a good thing. But that's also it.

I completely disagree,

with all due respect

It's called taking a flyer on the most important position when nothing else looks all that appealing or the payoff isn't that high at another position. Maybe you find a good backup at least.

Getting Peterman in the 5th round was a brilliant value pick. McB knew they we're only renting TT for one final year. And now he's stocking up on picks in case a great QB comes available this April. And there will be several to choose from. Darnold is still the grand prize but others will step up from this class.

I definitely want to see NP if TT continues to play like he did yesterday. But it shouldn't happen against a top defense. If we play the NP card and he stinks, we'll have no negotiating power trying to move up in the draft next year. Best to wait until the schedule softens, e.g. the Jets game as some have suggested. Hopefully TT turns it around and by then no one is thinking about replacing him.

i think the one thing that has always stood out to me was that the bills passed on Peterman with their first pick in the 5th round for Matt Milano....I mean, how much did they really like the guy?

At that point in the draft why not take a flyer on the guy to see what he develops into.

i think the one thing that has always stood out to me was that the bills passed on Peterman with their first pick in the 5th round for Matt Milano....I mean, how much did they really like the guy?

The Cheaters passed on Tommy with their first pick in the 5th round for Antwan Harris.