What's the stupidest thing you ever bought?

Royale with Cheese

When I was in my mid 20's, I got a promotion and got a good amount of money more. For whatever reason, to reward myself, I bought a samurai sword. Paid about $300 for it and hung it above my TV in my living room. It didn't go with anything, I just wanted a samurai sword.

After my wife and I bought our house, there was no where to put it and my wife decorated the interior. I just gave it to my father in law who collects weapons.

Wasted purchase.

Edited by Royale with Cheese

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After my wife and I bought our house, there was no where to put it and my wife decorated the interior. I just gave it to my father in law who collects weapons.

You could have asked your Father in Law how he managed not to be whipped and maybe you'd still have the samurai sword.

You could have asked your Father in Law how he managed not to be whipped and maybe you'd still have the samurai sword.

Hey man, if interior design is your thing, more power to you. I care about the outside...you know like building a fence and all the lawn care. I really don't care if this picture or photo matches the curtains but maybe you do.

Sea monkeys

or a ZIP drive. I think the monkeys lasted longer tho.

I bought a 4-track digital recorder (Boss) that recorded to zip drives (circa 1998). What a pain in the ass that was. A year later, they released a new model that recorded straight to CD.

I know someone who bought a Sabres yellow and blue recliner with the Slug on it. With shipping to California, it totaled 2 grand. Idiot purchase for sure lol.

I know someone who got a Red and Black alternate jersey, with the black circle and crossing swords. She put Sabretooth's name on the back because he'll never leave the team. Went back to Blue/Gold the next year.

Not bought, but I asked for seats from Rich Stadium when they did the renovations back in 1997, for Christmas. They are still in the same box I got them in, 20 years later, because I haven't lived anywhere that I felt I had somewhere to put them up.