Bills sign WR Malachi Dupree to PS, host WR Stephen Hill

YoloinOhio

Everybody who is saying you need killer speed to be a deep threat is way off.

Brandon Marshall Is a deep threat and he was never a burner.

Larry Fitz was a deep threat and he was never a burner.

Jordy Nelson is a deep threat and he isn't a crazy burner.

TO was a deep threat and he isn't exactly a burner.

Kearse , now on the jets was the Seahawks deep threat for the last few years and he isn't a burner.

It's all about breaking down the coverage and calling the shot at the right time. If you get Jordan Matthews in cover 0 or 1 and in press coverage, all he needs to do is beat the press and he is instantly running down the field wide open as a deep threat.

I've seen Jordan Matthews get open deep in the nfl so there is no reason he can't again... we also traded for a Kaelin Clay who can be a deep threat.

You don't need to be faster than your man, just better and smarter

+1

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm an LSU fan and season ticket holder.

Dupre has a lot of talent, but he's inconsistent. He left a lot of people scratching their heads when he chose to skip his senior year for the NFL. He could have really benefited from another year in school because he took a step back last season with dropping the ball regularly and showing no willing to fight for the ball when defended. He's not a head case, he comes from a really good family. I just feel he wasn't motivated enough.

In the bowl game against Louisville he put it all together and it was like watching a whole different receiver. Maybe he was motivated then by the thoughts of gaining draft stock and heading to the NFL, but he fought for the ball in traffic and made the catches expected of him.

I think he'd be a good fit in Buffalo if the coaches can motivate him and keep him motivated.