Chargers @ Denver - MNF

bobobonators

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wait, the play by play guy is...a...woman?

This is the worst quality broadcast of an NFL game I've seen, and that includes the crap Fox does...

Also, the sound engineering is beyond horrible.

The overall production quality is reminiscent of a local high school football game broadcast...in a part of the country that doesn't care about high school football.

It sounds like the play by play broadcaster has her (?) mouth about 5 feet away from the microphone and they put a 6 inch thick foam rubber sleeve over the MIC...

Rex: "That's no foam rubber sleeve .... and things like that."

Rex sounds half asleep

He's a football coach who just doesn't want to grind anymore but unlike Gruden doesn't have a talent for broadcasting

Not only is he sounding sleepy, he is lulling me to sleep. Ryan's color commentary is a lackluster disaster. It cant last long. I am willing to bet ESPN relieves him of his duties.

The lady ain't doing too bad though its taking me time to tune to the female voice calling a football game.

So that's Beth Mowens, huh.

She does look like Reba McEntire.

And the mic is right up against her mouth too...

Terrible audio production.

Nice tackle by Stewart there to save a long run.

Roby holds the receiver there, turns him around, almost trips him up....Rex doesn't see it or comment on it.

He's terrible doing color.

I could see him sitting at the long table doing pre-game or halftime crap with 8 other guys though.