Bills vs. Jets Postgame

26CornerBlitz

McCoy was really good and carries this offense.

Tyrod had a decent game. He did what he usually does. Made some nice throws. Missed on others. Made nice plays with his legs. It was a typical Tyrod game. I still think we should be using a lot more bootlegs and play action so hopefully we get more as the weeks progress.

Not much pressure from the defensive line which was a bit surprising.

Thought the LBers especially Lorenzo and Humber played really well in coverage.

Tre White looks good for a rookie and Poyer was an animal today. Really like what I saw from him.

Overall, a win is a win. Let's see if we can follow it up with another next week.

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The soft zones were easily picked apart by McCown. Not looking forward to seeing that every week.

The DL had very little pressure, they looked great against the run.

On offens the runs to the right were mind numbing.

The play calling on offense was ok... suspect at times.

Not sure why they have Tolbert running stretch plays.

If the run game is dominating, he'll get those opportunities often.

Yes he will have plenty of opportunities. Just keep in perspective J Matts skill set is not best after the catch. He is a very solid possession receiver. He is a smart player, a good blocker and will be productive but I'll be surprised to see him accumulate large yardage catches like he had once today

He could easily have a 1000 yard season. My shock was to your comment that you haven't seen a catch and run like that by a Bill in 15 years.

Fair enough. It's true though. Can't remember a Bill turning a little curl into a 40-yarder like that, probably since

A guy like Moulds. He's a great big target with a bit of speed. Jets DB gambled but Matthews was still smooth on that play.

McCoy was really good and carries this offense.

Tyrod had a decent game. He did what he usually does. Made some nice throws. Missed on others. Made nice plays with his legs. It was a typical Tyrod game. I still think we should be using a lot more bootlegs and play action so hopefully we get more as the weeks progress.

Not much pressure from the defensive line which was a bit surprising.

Thought the LBers especially Lorenzo and Humber played really well in coverage.

Tre White looks good for a rookie and Poyer was an animal today. Really like what I saw from him.

Overall, a win is a win. Let's see if we can follow it up with another next week.

I have to imagine they aren't opening up the offensive playbook too much for week 1 against the Jets no less. I hope to see more from them in the coming weeks. I hope.

I have to imagine they aren't opening up the offensive playbook too much for week 1 against the Jets no less. I hope to see more from them in the coming weeks. I hope.

I'll never understand this concept of not trying to show things. All teams run the same plays or variations of the same stuff. A bootleg is pretty common stuff I would imagine. If the run game is going well then it should be effective every week.

That's what I'm hoping. They were very vanilla and conservative,especially second half. It's possible they knew they didn't have to open it up and were saving it. But I hope it's not a harbinger of things to come.