Curb Your Enthusiasm is back October 1st.

njbuff

I wonder when I'll be able to get my hands on these episodes. I'm currently going through the series on Amazon and loving every second. I'm up to the Seinfeld reunion right now.

And I just had a creepy moment while watching that trailer. For some reason, I thought Richard Lewis died at some point in the last year or two. Now it's driving me crazy who I'm mixing him up with. The only one who makes any sense to me would be Gary Shandling.

I wonder when I'll be able to get my hands on these episodes. I'm currently going through the series on Amazon and loving every second. I'm up to the Seinfeld reunion right now.

And I just had a creepy moment while watching that trailer. For some reason, I thought Richard Lewis died at some point in the last year or two. Now it's driving me crazy who I'm mixing him up with. The only one who makes any sense to me would be Gary Shandling.

Richard Lewis was on death's door. They did a lot on it in Curb one season (which is why you might be thinking that). I forget what he had, something liver related I believe.

Also, the Seinfeld season of Curb is one of TV's best seasons. The fact they found a way to give us a new Finale to Seinfeld within a separate show was genius. I'd argue it's cannon too in the Seinfeld universe (if there is such a thing) since Larry and Jerry wrote it together.

To date my biggest disappointment in my career was missing out on a chance to be a fly on the wall during the filming of the table read episode (won't spoil it if you haven't gotten there yet). At the time I was working for Bob Einstein (aka Marty Funkhouser/Super Dave) and he invited me to set that day but I couldn't make it. Had he told me what it was for (it was all top secret at the time) I would have dropped everything to have been there.

Richard Lewis was on death's door. They did a lot on it in Curb one season (which is why you might be thinking that). I forget what he had, something liver related I believe.

.Yes! He was expecting Larry to just give him his liver or something. The look on his face when he asked him for his liver was priceless. Lol

I watched that season very recently and it felt extra strange because I thought he had died in real life. Google's not helping me out too much on what his real life situation was. I know there were alcohol issues, so I'm sure it all goes from there (it was a kidney transplant on the show).

As for the Seinfeld stuff, I'm going to try to skip past those comments as much as possible. I want to go into it without any expectations.

I watched that season very recently and it felt extra strange because I thought he had died in real life. Google's not helping me out too much on what his real life situation was. I know there were alcohol issues, so I'm sure it all goes from there (it was a kidney transplant on the show).

As for the Seinfeld stuff, I'm going to try to skip past those comments as much as possible. I want to go into it without any expectations.

Do! Yes. Avoid spoilers. :beer:

I was wondering if they were just going to pick up right where season 8 ended with Larry in Paris because he used it as an excuse to avoid a charity fundraiser. Excited that all the staff is coming back. Big fan of Super Dave.

They might, I wouldn't mind that at all. I personally think they're going to pick up in the present - but we might see back to what happened over the last five years (or however long it's been).

Per the bolded: He's one of the funniest people you could ever meet. I'll put this in spoilers for Shrader's sake:

In the table read episode of the Seinfeld season (I forget the title/number), there's a bit where Marty Funkhouser tells Seinfeld a joke much to Larry's horror. Only Larry and Bob (Marty) had heard the joke before hand. It's one of Bob's favorites and it's different every time he tells it. Not even the director had heard it because Larry wanted to get Jerry's real reaction to the absurd grossness of it. It's pretty hilarious watching him process the joke.

Here it is:

You notice they cut when Jerry loses it - that was because the whole crew lost it, starting with George and Elaine off screen. It ruined the whole end of the take. :lol:

One more clip - not of the show but of why Super rocks:

Edited by Deranged Rhino

Also, the Seinfeld season of Curb is one of TV's best seasons. The fact they found a way to give us a new Finale to Seinfeld within a separate show was genius. I'd argue it's cannon too in the Seinfeld universe (if there is such a thing) since Larry and Jerry wrote it together.

To date my biggest disappointment in my career was missing out on a chance to be a fly on the wall during the filming of the table read episode (won't spoil it if you haven't gotten there yet). At the time I was working for Bob Einstein (aka Marty Funkhouser/Super Dave) and he invited me to set that day but I couldn't make it. Had he told me what it was for (it was all top secret at the time) I would have dropped everything to have been there.

Very, very cool. :thumbsup:

I was going to dump HBO until GoT came back, but I can't miss CYE, maybe the funniest show ever to me. Tremendous cast and Larry is a true comedy genius, even loved him all the way back on Fridays but he's light years beyond that now. One of the things I love most that no one ever mentions is the cartoony music that plays throughout, my fav is when Larry's about to do something really f%^&ed up. :D

His only relative Louis Lewis wouldn't help him, he said his name should be Manson Manson instead.

Good times with Bob?

Cool DR, my only work with the famous is to help them recover $$$$ when they were defrauded or divorce settlements. :D

How old are they gonna look after 6 more years?

Larry did funny sections on Kimmel last night, Lewis last Friday.

• 3 weeks later...

So...........

Couldn't have guessed that guiding arc for the season.

I think I read that a few episodes will be longer than normal.

Suzie gets younger, Ted ages.

So Ted and Larry will end up exchanging erstwhile spouses?

An accounting firm in my past foisted brilliant minds with ambition that were impossible personalities.

I absolutely love when Larry's agent's wife, Susie Greene (played by Susie Essman) gets pissed off at Larry and verbally attacks him for whatever reason.

"Larry! You f-ing !@#$!"

:lol:

I adore this show.

I have found that a lot of people don't get it, however.

I absolutely love when Larry's agent's wife, Susie Greene (played by Susie Essman) gets pissed off at Larry and verbally attacks him for whatever reason.

"Larry! You f-ing !@#$!"

:lol:

I adore this show.

I have found that a lot of people don't get it, however.

How can one not get it when it is the most repetitive unoriginal show ever? Upping the ante is the only way he made it "different" for years. Edited by 4merper4mer

Sad there are people who never got Seinfeld and dont get Curb. I work with a few of them....

Just think, the work force is going to be flooded very soon with people who weren't even alive when Seinfeld was on. I guess they can watch it thanks to its heavy syndication over the years, but there are so many options on tv now that many are bound to have never watched a single show. I was fairly young for most of Cheers' run, but I watched it so heavily because it was aired so heavily on fox and the canadian channels. They've got way too many options today.

I weekly come across people who talk about Seinfeld forgetting it went off the air over 20 years ago.

Larry had a fun friendship with Ted's wife, but Larry always saw a vibe between Cheryl and Ted through the seasons, but maybe he is just plain crazy.

I like Leon's way of answering the phone for Larry's business, it fits him just fine.

Cheers sure didn't age in syndication, did it.... it was hard to convince kids how hot Shelley Long was at the time....

Ha, it's the hair that kills it, isn't it?

I loved Cheers when it was popular and curent, but it has aged pretty badly.

Many classics that were critically praised in their day are kind of crap judging by modern standards.

TV has gotten a LOT more sophisticated in the last 10 years...

A good example of what I'm talking about: "Hill Street Blues" was considered the best thing on TV at one point in time. Watch an episode now; it is antiquated garbage done on a pretty primitive level compared to the best, current cable TV shows.

Many classics that were critically praised in their day are kind of crap judging by modern standards.

A good example of what I'm talking about: "Hill Street Blues" was considered the best thing on TV at one point in time. Watch an episode now; it is antiquated garbage done on a pretty primitive level compared to the best, current cable TV shows.

I get what you're saying, the themes of Cheers and other classic shows still resonates. Seinfeld never ages for me....I love that it's basically the last thing from the pre-tech era.

But I agree that HBO, A&E and others took TV to a completely different level. The Sopranos was the biggest turning point in TV since CNN debuted.

And yes, I loved Shelly Long. Plus she taught me how to spot nut case women.

And yes, I loved Shelly Long. Plus she taught me how to spot nut case women.

And now she has a recurring role as a nutcase on Modern Family.

Speaking of that show, they need to find a way to pull a Curb and get an all out Married with Children reunion. They had Bud at one point, now get the rest.

Shelley was the star, way above the others for her stint.

Then Kelsey was the star, again way above the others.

The show hasn't aged well because drinking irresponsibly isn't all that funny any more.

I think it's because the cable shows (HBO, Showtime, etc.) Are able to push the boundaries further and be edgier then that on regular networks so now when you look back at what was the top then, it looks tame and childish because they weren't able to do what they can now. Now they can have cases of rape and gruesome murders instead of old ladies getting purses snatched and a hold up at the bank where all the hostages are safe and sound

I think it's because the cable shows (HBO, Showtime, etc.) Are able to push the boundaries further and be edgier then that on regular networks so now when you look back at what was the top then, it looks tame and childish because they weren't able to do what they can now. Now they can have cases of rape and gruesome murders instead of old ladies getting purses snatched and a hold up at the bank where all the hostages are safe and sound

There's also more competition now (FX, AMC, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Showtime, etc...) and more shows are given the green light than ever before.

There's also more competition now (FX, AMC, Netflix, Amazon Prime, HBO, Showtime, etc...) and more shows are given the green light than ever before.

You mean people don't have NBC on for 3 hours on Thursday like when I was undergrad in the mid80s?

You mean people don't have NBC on for 3 hours on Thursday like when I was undergrad in the mid80s?

On the bright side you didn't have to do with reality TV with stupid dancing and singing competitions that a certain someone insists on watching.