So how much did Gillislee help the Pats*** last night?

eball

Obviously he scored three short yardage TDs which is fantastic, but I think there's a reasonable argument his failure to convert two 4th-and-shorts caused more of a negative impact overall. Curious to hear others' thoughts and not looking for snark. I know three TDs are three TDs -- I just think converting those 4th downs would have significantly changed the flow of the game.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I will echo my thoughts from last night:

Kareem Hunt was significantly better than Gillislee in that game. If BB hadn't traded away his whole draft he could have had him on a rookie deal for 4 years instead of paying Mike AND giving up a pick ...when he already had 4 RBs including one who had 4 TDs in the SB and one who had 18 TDs last year. I like MG but they could have given any of their RBs the ball on the 1 yard line and same result. And the end of the day he had 45 yards and couldn't convert critical downs.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Obviously he scored three short yardage TDs which is fantastic, but I think there's a reasonable argument his failure to convert two 4th-and-shorts caused more of a negative impact overall. Curious to hear others' thoughts and not looking for snark. I know three TDs are three TDs -- I just think converting those 4th downs would have significantly changed the flow of the game.

The failures on 4th were most definitely NOT his fault. They were terrible, Hackett/Marrone-esque play calls, plain and simple. Running it up the gut with the Hb against a very stout d-line with 10 men in the box is beyond stupid, IMO. It's like McDaniel took stupid pills before those plays.

Edited by dave mcbride

The failures on 4th were most definitely NOT his fault. They were terrible, Hackett/Marrone-esque play calls, plain and simple. Running it up the gut with the Hb against a very stout d-line with 10 men in the box is beyond stupid, IMO.

I agree with this.

Gillislee did his job last night. Those were not good play calls.

I was extemely close to taking Gilislee in fantasy. Obviously last night would have been great to have him. Overall though it is hard to trust Belicheck with RB's. Don't be suprised to see Gilislee end up with 14-15 TD's on the year but he might only get 600-700 yards. He will be boom or bust. I would think they will use White more in the long run. They are really going to need his receiving skills out of the backfield. Especially if Amendola is out for an extended period.

I was extemely close to taking Gilislee in fantasy. Obviously last night would have been great to have him. Overall though it is hard to trust Belicheck with RB's. Don't be suprised to see Gilislee end up with 14-15 TD's on the year but he might only get 600-700 yards. He will be boom or bust. I would think they will use White more in the long run. They are really going to need his receiving skills out of the backfield. Especially if Amendola is out for an extended period.

i think he is the goal line back too but you know how BB likes to rotate his feature RBs all the time. His YPC was like 3.3 or something when I looked last night. He scored a lot of TDs outside the red zone for the Bills if I recall so his YPC was higher.

In the end, nobody helped the Pats last night. They were almost 10 point favorites at home and got their asses handed to them. Mike G, Branch, Gilmore, Hogan. None of them did enough to win. 95% of RB's could've scored the TD's that MikeG scored yesterday; he was a non factor overall.

i think he is the goal line back too but you know how BB likes to rotate his feature RBs all the time. His YPC was like 3.3 or something when I looked last night. He scored a lot of TDs outside the red zone for the Bills if I recall so his YPC was higher.

I was personally surprised that they didn't QB sneak on one of those two short conversions. Brady's conversion rate on those is pretty damn good. Never understood why teams prefer having a RB start from 8yds back from LOS to gain half a yard when the QB is right there and can just fall forward; especially a QB as big as Brady.

TD Mike did exactly what he was supposed to do for me, score TD's. Getting 20 points from your first RB to hit the ground running is a nice way to start your FF week. :) I also had Hill. Up 40-3 on a guy who had Gronk after two players hitting the field. :thumbsup:

TD Mike did exactly what he was supposed to do for me, score TD's. Getting 20 points from your first RB to hit the ground running is a nice way to start your FF week. :) I also had Hill. Up 40-3 on a guy who had Gronk after two players hitting the field. :thumbsup:

Hopefully he continues to get in consistently otherwise you might see too many 4-5 point games from him. Always very risky playing New England RB's.

Leading up to the game I had heard that Burkhead might actually be the one to watch...

I've decided to just stay away from that backfield entirely for fantasy purposes moving forward. Who the hell knows.

young rookie RB's are a dime a dozen. overpaying for a RB in today's NFL is dumb. Gilleslee, Karlos Williams, Jonathan Williams...doesn't matter who we have out there it would seem. one thing that would define each of the Bills teams throughout the drought is we always had a top name RB on the roster because we assumed we needed it because we didn't have a QB. look at players like Ajayi and Hunt and the kind of value they bring to the table. you don't need to overpay for RB's to get solid production