Gilmore!!!

I never said Gilmore is garbage, just that he isn't worth what the Pats paid for him. It is simply not true that every CB does those things as often as Gilmore does. Again - KC CB's alone played better than he did last night, and against a supremely better QB.

Smith vastly outplayed Brady last night.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah so every CB is worth $40 million? Last night alone the KC CB Mitchell was making plays Gilmore could never make down the field. This statement is way off IMO.

What? Like the holding and the pass interference in the end zone? He had some good plays and some bad plays too.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/pro-refocused-kansas-city-chiefs-42-new-england-patriots-27

CB STEPHON GILMORE, 83.5 OVERALL GRADE

It’s easy to point to the 75-yard Tyreek Hill touchdown and pin it on Gilmore, but it was most likely not his fault. It was the perfect offensive play call for the coverage with three vertical routes against two deep safeties leaving the defense caught in a bind. Gilmore was solid otherwise when locked up one-on-one. He was targeted three times, allowing only one catch for four yards with a pass breakup.

Why do I think that you have an agenda against Gilmore?

Well, for one, you seem to attribute any negative play that occurs within a half a field-width to him, even when it's obvious that it's not his assignment.

Even though I've explained this many times, I'll say again: I don't care at all about defending Gilmore or any other player from just criticism. I only interject when the criticism is based on false pretense (intended or otherwise). It's the same reason that I defended Robert Blanton on Gronk's TD against NRC in Buffalo last year; he didn't mistakenly jump an underneath route--he played his assignment correctly (it was simply an awful scheme). Also the same reason that I defended Meeks and blasted Gilmore on Hogan's TD last year.

Gilmore's biggest deficiency has always been his lack of awareness. It's not brutally apparent because the lapses don't come often, but every so often it happens.

Last night's big play by Hill, however, wasn't one of those times.

"Well, for one, you seem to attribute any negative play that occurs within a half a field-width to him, even when it's obvious that it's not his assignment." Another terrible assumption. I only call him out when I see he's the closest one to the receiver and a play is made.

I do agree that the defensive scheme was awful the last two years.

Well, it's one game with a new team, we'll see how Gilmore does the rest of the way.

What a sad, salty, bitter thread this is.

1) do you think the Pats, Packers, & Steelers fans devout threads to rooting for their ex players' failures? I guess when you're a fan of losers, you need to cheer on failures of others. Pretty pathetic and kinda of embarrassing.

2). Some of you don't know basic football.

3). Stop being the bitter exes. We got left for a richer, better looking person. Stop stalking your ex's Facebook and making catty comments on how much weight they gain. worry about your own situation.

It's so sad and reflects badly on this fan base. Good news, Zay Jones. We love you know but if you leave, we will root for you to fail!!!

This game came down to Belichick and the Pats daring Smith to beat them deep. He did and give props to KC.

But I'm sure NE is done and will suck this year.

Let me put it this way, C.Biscuit97.

I cheer for the Bills every game no matter what. Other fans can call me silly whenever I get angry when they lose. Maybe it is silly, but I'm just overtly passionate when it comes to the teams I cheer for.

I was happy when the Bills drafted Gilmore. He was the player I wanted the Bills to take. Overall, I thought Gilmore was a good, not great CB for us. Last season we all knew it was his contract year, and I wanted to see him earn that big money contract he was after. In my opinion, he did not earn it, and I was greatly disappointed in his play, and how he carried himself about it.

I knew that he was going to leave Buffalo, because there would be a team that would give him the contract he wanted. Unfortunately, that team was New England. I despise the Patriots*, for pretty much all the reasons any other fan would. What's worse is the non-stop gushing by the media over the Patriots* and their success, despite all of the scandals they've been involved with.

Then there was Gilmore's silly tweet about, how now his family will finally get to see him play on television. I didn't appreciate that.

So we get to last night's game and the Chiefs ruin the Patriots* perfect season. As much as I want the Chiefs to suck this year, last night's game brought a big smile to my face. Watching Gilmore running for his life to make a tackle on some touchdown plays for the Chiefs, was for me, a beautiful thing to see.

Now was Gilmore the reason why the Patriots* lost last night? No. In fact overall, Gilmore was ok last night. Yet that's what I have come to expect out of Gilmore, to play ok. Gilmore didn't really do much to help the Patriots* get a win, either.

So I will admit that I got a good chuckle out of watching Gilmore last night and from watching the Patriots* lose in bad fashion.

Yes, it's only one game, and you can't overreact to one game. I'm sure the Patriots* will be back. I'm just grateful that all of those people who were predicting a perfect season for the Patriots*, can now shut the hell up about that.

There probably will be other times during the season where Gilmore screws up, and I will get a good laugh out of it.

Just consider that to be therapy, C.Biscuit97.

In the end, what does Gilmore care about what a bunch of Bills fans say about him, or anyone else for that matter? With the guaranteed money he's getting, he's laughing all the way to the bank. Gilmore will live.

I never said Gilmore is garbage, just that he isn't worth what the Pats paid for him. It is simply not true that every CB does those things as often as Gilmore does. Again - KC CB's alone played better than he did last night, and against a supremely better QB.

I'd love to see the data you're basing that off of?

What a sad, salty, bitter thread this is.

1) do you think the Pats, Packers, & Steelers fans devout threads to rooting for their ex players' failures? I guess when you're a fan of losers, you need to cheer on failures of others. Pretty pathetic and kinda of embarrassing.

2). Some of you don't know basic football.

3). Stop being the bitter exes. We got left for a richer, better looking person. Stop stalking your ex's Facebook and making catty comments on how much weight they gain. worry about your own situation.

It's so sad and reflects badly on this fan base. Good news, Zay Jones. We love you know but if you leave, we will root for you to fail!!!

This game came down to Belichick and the Pats daring Smith to beat them deep. He did and give props to KC.

But I'm sure NE is done and will suck this year.

It's because he tweeted about being on TV! Lol.

Edited by Big C

I'm really amazed at how few people could recognize that was cover 2? That play was a TD before the ball was snapped. I won't comment on our football intellect as some get their panties in a wad but come on guys!!

Also, Jerel Worthy's tweet was GOLD. https://twitter.com/i_am_worthy99/status/906006962411900929

in my defense, I was hammered Edited by YoloinOhio

And you're using...?

Exactly what they are. I'm not putting grades on it just telling you what I saw. I don't implicitly trust their judgments over mine.

I'd love to see the data you're basing that off of?

No data, just watched the game last night and those are my thoughts. Sorry I'm not an expert like the random unpaid PFF interns.

I'm really amazed at how few people could recognize that was cover 2? That play was a TD before the ball was snapped. I won't comment on our football intellect as some get their panties in a wad but come on guys!!

Also, Jerel Worthy's tweet was GOLD. https://twitter.com/i_am_worthy99/status/906006962411900929

I am with you and how few people recognize the responsibilities in it, the immediate post snap D is a pure Tampa 2 look, the ILB is clearly getting depth down the middle of the field, everyone in coverage is getting eyes on the QB, Gilmore actually looks to be playing his coverage right and watching the quick out and flat, releases his man deep on the double move and checks underneath to make sure no one is coming into his zone. McCourty and the other safety both blow coverage (the other vertical WR is open too) and take the middle vertical route before the ball is released, big time no-no on that coverage. I'd bet Gilmore was never taught to look at the safety for some reason see him out of position and carry Hill all the way down the field, or even cover deep prior to checking his zone like he did (most are taught to keep getting depth if their zone is not threatened).

Safeties are taught in cover 2, to never get beat deep and stay deeper than the deepest, how Gilmore is getting roasted for this is beyond me... McCourty rightfully took the heat for this.

Gilmore "did his job" from what I see.

For honesty's sake, anytime I see Gilmore chasing after a WR i'm going to blame him.

A. Because he is soft

B. Because he always looks disinterested

C. Because he can't tackle and I hate guys who can't tackle

I don't disagree with any of these 3 points, I was just opposed to the idea that on the Hill TD he was to blame rather than the FS.

Ha, I was one of the only guys in the GDT calling this, but I think for many TBDers it was more that they wanted Gilmore to get roasted on national TV so they could call him out and laugh about the tweet. But then a lot of people here are still adamant that it was Gilmore's fault so maybe it isn't just that.

I just have trouble believing his job was to cover an empty zone with no players within 10 yards while the burner WR runs right past him.

I guess you can take comfort in the fact that there are a lot of people in this thread who don't appear to know very much about pro football.

Ha, I was one of the only guys in the GDT calling this, but I think for many TBDers it was more that they wanted Gilmore to get roasted on national TV so they could call him out and laugh about the tweet. But then a lot of people here are still adamant that it was Gilmore's fault so maybe it isn't just that.

well my first reaction was to ask who the safety was ... so I did know that!