Michael Bennett suing Las Vegas police department

HappyDays

• Replies 329
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's not a good experience, but i'm not exactly sure what he's going to sue for.

threatening his life verbally.

too much willie and not enough rock n roll I see. skid row, you are a young fella, aren't you?

John Henry Bonham 31 May 1948 – 25 September 1980

I wasn't knocking willie, or you for that matter. hell, I like a little classic country myself.

those that do not know John Bonham groundbreaking work in rock drumming? this is a great introduction. Like it or not this man changed how it was done it the most kick azz way , and double kicked it actually

Yup. There are cameras everywhere. I haven't really looked into exactly where this happened, but it seems highly unlikely that this hasn't been captured almost completely somewhere. Or pieced together from a couple good sources.

I have no personal opinion of Bennett whatsoever. I have no idea in fact if he is considered a good or bad guy, a boy scout or troublemaker, 33 or 13 on his wonderlic, a malcontent or the nicest guy you'll ever meet. No clue.

Just seems weird he would make that up, like you said, in Vegas, the day before the major fight when you can't find a room anywhere, the week before the season is starting. THAT would be strange brew.

It's a little off topic but we were talking about this a few days ago here. It's INSANE how many black people in Los Angeles still think OJ was innocent. Despite what we all know. And it's simply because so many have experienced or so many know someone who has been framed or abused by the cops so they think that is what may have happened here. So despite ALL evidence to the contrary, that's what they believe. Smart people. This isn't fake. This crap happens ALL the time. That's where it comes from and it's undeniable.

If you read Bennetts quotes over time? He is no slouch. Socially aware and has good character, it seems.

I hope he gains an honest audience and this gets resolved in the public eye

If told to do something by police , comply. Very simple. Then everything can be figured out.

I don't care if you are orange, green, blue, pink, black, or white. Comply.

Just my 2 cents.

Can't have no police.

The big thing that I can not understand is why it seems like all these people don't stand up against all the gang violence that is taking place in all the cities. A hell of a lot more people are killed by gangs shooting people just sitting in their house or kids walking on the streets. Lawlessness is good for no one.

Can't we just respect one another?

yes please. seems harder than it appears upon paper doesn't it?

he saw the officers and started running and jumped over a wall to evade them and the officer catches up and tells him to get on the ground. oh no, the injustice!

the moral of the story is don't run from the police

sounds simple enough doesn't it

ever been scared?

Edited by 3rdand12

This article has a lot of information in it and worth the read if you're interested. Nothing is for sure though.

They had no idea what the shooter, if there even was one looked like. So it's not like they were looking for a black guy. The police's explanation makes sense to some degree, although that is just taking their word for it. There were 126 cameras that should have caught something, so the truth will likely come out.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/las-vegas-police-explain-michael-bennett-incident-deny-claim-of-racial-profiling/

Well after seeing the video it proves his statement is not true.

Surprised surprise he is full of crap.

No cop had a gun to the back of his head. The one cop (not 2 like he said) that hand cuffed him did not have his knee in his back it was on his legs. Now I'm sure the media won't ask him or point out that the video doesn't match his description.

So what did the shooter look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know that dude! He's Ted Cruz's uncle!

No cop had a gun to the back of his head. The one cop (not 2 like he said) that hand cuffed him did not have his knee in his back it was on his legs. Now I'm sure the media won't ask him or point out that the video doesn't match his description.

The cops already admitted a cop had a gun to his head.

Good for Bennett. Cops have guns and badges and you don't and they abuse that power daily.

Oh Roger you silly goose. Easy to say when you're the judge, jury, and executioner. Maybe you can get the Hells Angels to run security detail at the games.

Easy to say when you make almost double what the highest paid player in the league makes.

Also he just happens to be dressed up in blue flannel, the color of the Crips...

At the Floyd Mayweather "fight"...

... spending millions from a job that employed Aaron Hernandez, Ray Carruth and OJ. All fake posers who've been pampered all their lives.

Got a taste of violence huh Bennet? Pretty disgusting. So stop glorifying it. You're just a spoiled brat. Killing people is not for you.

Perhaps he was targeted because he matched the gunman's ID and not just because he was black? I'm so tired of the go-to "it was because I'm black" bull ****. If the report is a blackman was firing a gun, why would an officer go after an asian, mexican, or white guy?

Apparently there was no shooter so the police just determined he was the most likely person? How did they come to that conclusion?

It didn't capture the entire incident...if you read what he wrote, the cop with his knee on him was the second cop to arrive

Also he just happens to be dressed up in blue flannel, the color of the Crips...

At the Floyd Mayweather "fight"...

... spending millions from a job that employed Aaron Hernandez, Ray Carruth and OJ. All fake posers who've been pampered all their lives.

Got a taste of violence huh Bennet? Pretty disgusting. So stop glorifying it. You're just a spoiled brat. Killing people is not for you.

:blink: This is loco.

:blink: This is loco.

A sane society would destroy dangerous people who care only about themselves. Criminals get to play king. Everyone else has to clean up the mess. Criminals get to do whatever they want. We have to live in the prison.

The police protect criminals more than society. If the police were not there, criminals would be gone, because they are exhausting, people are already tired of them, and people would kill them.

Not too long ago, great societies that lasted longer than America had laws regarding this very thing. They didn't legalize shooting criminals. They punished you if you didn't shoot and beat criminals enough!

Edited by rant_and_go