Week 1: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lost in the whole "Jets suck and are tanking" narrative is the fact that the Jets defense looks very, very good on paper.

Leonard Williams and Wilkerson are beasts up front.

At linebacker, Darron Lee and Jordan Jenkins are very talented and both had a very good rookie seasons last year. Could be much improved in 2017.

In the secondary, Morris Claiborne is a very good corner. Rookie Jamal Adams has Ed Reed potential.

This game is no gimmie. I expect a very low scoring affair on Sunday.

You're way overstating Claiborne, and I thought Darron Lee was awful last year. We should have no trouble against their defense and if we do our offense is going to suck all year. The under is the sucker bet in this game so I'm expecting it to be higher scoring than most people thing.

You're way overstating Claiborne, and I thought Darron Lee was awful last year. We should have no trouble against their defense and if we do our offense is going to suck all year. The under is the sucker bet in this game so I'm expecting it to be higher scoring than most people thing.

Could be but he had a PFF grade of 84.7 last season which is very good (even though he only played what equated to roughly half a season). Lee led rookie linebackers in tackling efficiency, fwiw.

They have a very strong front, and the young safeties have a lot of potential.

I believe you're vastly overstating the young LBs, and Claiborne was largely a disappointment in Dallas.

Regardless, I agree that their D is not to be overlooked

I could see this being a very tight game, decided by a couple of big plays on Specials.

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott says that DT Jerel Worthy (concussion) and LB Tanner Vallejo (knee) are officially out this Sunday.

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: on Forte - the total package. Well respected by us. Have to be aware at all times. #Bills

McDermott: EJ Gaines will start at RCB Sunday. #Bills

@buffalobills

"We're excited to get in front of our fans for the home opener. I saw campers in the parking lots this morning and it's awesome." #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

DJNRhNhVAAArPB4.jpg

Could be but he had a PFF grade of 84.7 last season which is very good (even though he only played what equated to roughly half a season). Lee led rookie linebackers in tackling efficiency, fwiw.

If Claiborne was a very good corner, he wouldn't have been a back up to Orlando Sedrick and then only sign a 1 year contract for $5 million with the Jets.

Coach Bowles Press Conference (9/8) (4:02)
Jets HC Speaks with Reporters for the Final Time Before the Bills Game.

McDermott: "You Want to Come Out and Play Well" (5:10)
Bills HC Sean McDermott spoke to the media prior to the team's final practice of week one. McDermott provided injury updates and talked about the excitement surrounding the start of the season.

Scouting Report Wk 1: Bills-Jets
Buffalo's season opener comes against a division opponent that might not look all that familiar anymore.

What’s the Scoop with Tre’Davious White (3:22)
Learn more about the rookie cornerback as he answers 20 questions about himself, presented by Perry’s Ice Cream.

Watch: Security Measures For a Great Fan Experience (15:02)
The Buffalo Bills and local law enforcement are teaming up to announce security measures that will be in place at New Era Field for the upcoming season.

DJORZJbUIAAgyTW.jpg

Bills Injury Report is Short

Buffalo’s Week 1 injury report is a short one, and that’s a good thing.

LB Tanner Vallejo (knee) and DT Jerel Worthy (concussion) are the only players who appear on the report.

DL Cedric Thornton is expected to fill Worthy’s role as a rotational defensive tackle on Sunday.

Jets Injury Report

The Jets injury report is just as short as that of the Bills. Only two players appear on their report for Week 1 and both players are out.

TE Jordan Leggett – knee
S Rontez Miles – eye

the Sammy trade looks a little better with Gaines being a starter

we shall see. But from what little i have seen, he looks to be where he needs to be and very ball aware.

Likely a good fit.

Be fun to see if T White needs any help at all. Jets are a fine team to play cover zone against and do well. No one is outstanding at WR.

I want to like this Guy !

we shall see. But from what little i have seen, he looks to be where he needs to be and very ball aware.

Likely a good fit.

Be fun to see if T White needs any help at all. Jets are a fine team to play cover zone against and do well. No one is outstanding at WR.

I want to like this Guy !

Don't sleep on Kearse.