Week 1: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 472
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the Sammy trade looks a little better with Gaines being a starter

I maintain the belief that the trade was 100% about the pick. Could they be forcing him into the line up to make it appear better? Probably not. But if he ends up being a solid role player, it will definitely look better, for now.

@ChrisBrownBills

LeSean McCoy not at practice right now due to stomach bug. #Bills

The #Bills are moving practice inside because of lightning in the area.

@JoeBuscaglia

DL Jerel Worthy (concussion) and LB Tanner Vallejo (knee) are both not practicing. #Bills

@SalSports

Marcell Dareus is stretching and doing individual. Was listed as limited yesterday (hip). We will get today's status after practice.

Is it just me or does McCoy get the stomach bug a lot?

Freaking Rodak

FPI pegs the Bills as heavy favorites on Sunday, but Buffalo has never won (0-10) with a coach making his NFL head-coaching debut, as Sean McDermott will be doing. Meanwhile, the Jets swept the Bills last season and have won seven of their last nine season openers. (ESPN Stats & Info)

Freaking Rodak

FPI pegs the Bills as heavy favorites on Sunday, but Buffalo has never won (0-10) with a coach making his NFL head-coaching debut, as Sean McDermott will be doing. Meanwhile, the Jets swept the Bills last season and have won seven of their last nine season openers. (ESPN Stats & Info)

Go Bills!

They traded Sammy for a 2nd rounder.

Then in a "hey, while I have you on the phone" move Beane traded a 6th rounder for Gaines.

So the Rams gave up Gaines for a 6th round pick? OK.

I won't quibble except to say they both players were acquired for another player and a pick. From where I stand, the Rams insisted on the 6th rounder to even things out. Before injury, he was their starting CB after all.

They traded Sammy for a 2nd rounder.

Then in a "hey, while I have you on the phone" move Beane traded a 6th rounder for Gaines.

Don't be silly, Gaines has shown that he can play at a good level and the initial indication is that it isnt outside of the realm of possibility that he plays at a quality level again.

If he plays well which is a distinct possibility the trade ends up being for a quality scheme fit player and a 2nd rounder

Bills Today: How Hurricane Irma is impacting one Bills player

0909-bills-today.jpg

While preparing to face his former team this week, Vladimir Ducasse has one eye on his home country of Haiti as Hurricane Irma makes its way through the Carribbean.

Watch: Jets-Bills Preview (3:13)
Bills HC Sean McDermott and Bills players talk about the Week 1 matchup against the Jets at New Era Field.

First Sunday: Jordan Matthews (1:35)
Bills' Wide Receiver Jordan Matthews talks about the start of the season and playing for the fans of Buffalo.

I maintain the belief that the trade was 100% about the pick. Could they be forcing him into the line up to make it appear better? Probably not. But if he ends up being a solid role player, it will definitely look better, for now.

I think it was also about not wanting to pay Sammy

Hopefully keeping Taylor in the pocket on timing passes was just a experiment that failed. That is not what he is good with.

If last years OL is back and healthy plus Dawkins as a backup they should be good with a much better D.

Henderson will be back in week 6 and may be better at RT if healthy.

Maybe Dawkins could be a blocking TE position.

Top 10 D, Top 5 run game, friendlier system for Taylor, watered down conference, next year will be great with our draft ammo but these guys know what they are doing,and if we lose , that team is going to earn that W. No laying down like the Rex era.. let's go Buffalooo Edited by JerseyBills

we shall see. But from what little i have seen, he looks to be where he needs to be and very ball aware.

Likely a good fit.

Be fun to see if T White needs any help at all. Jets are a fine team to play cover zone against and do well. No one is outstanding at WR.

I want to like this Guy !

Im surprised he picked up the playbook that fast. Well see how he does he got his shot.

Is it just me or does McCoy get the stomach bug a lot?

Agree the trade was getting the pick back. If EJ plays well its a bonus.