Trade - Car WR Clay to Bills for CB K Seymour & 7th rd pick

Reed83HOF

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When an organization has had its roots yanked out and completely redone from the scouting department, trainers, GM, management coaches and players it's natural that there will be resistance, frustration and confusion from fans. People are creatures of habit and there is comfort with familiarity.

These guys have the mandate to build this organization from the bottom up the way they they want to envision it. I'm not endorsing or criticizing their decisions until the final product of these actions play out.

But what I do endorse is the fact that they are doing it their way. No half pregnant approach, no melding of philosophies, this is all on them.

For too long we've had new coaches come in with tinkering of the edges approach. I always thought that in order to turn this organization around that wholesale changes were going to be needed to be made.

These guys may fail, these decisions may be terrible, but I will reasonably make my judgement after the decisions play out.

I cant be mad at that either, well thought out and reasonable post. I dont want half pregnant but it just seems like their mantra isnt consistent

ft

I don't disagree with you. However, I'm skeptical of their statements that we are expecting to be a playoff contender, if you are rebuilding from the ground up, tell it like it is. Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining. That's all. I'll give them a chance, i always do.

I have been told this train of thought makes no sense. i want them to say. this roster sucks we need to fix this fix that. we will evaluate and make moves we see fit. i have no problem with an internal implosion. ut dont vehemently deny a rebuild when its OBVIOUS thats exactly what you are doing.

You have 1/6 of a grandson? Where's the other 5/6?

Lol E is losing it. but somehow i understood it

When an organization has had its roots yanked out and completely redone from the scouting department, trainers, GM, management coaches and players it's natural that there will be resistance, frustration and confusion from fans. People are creatures of habit and there is comfort with familiarity.

These guys have the mandate to build this organization from the bottom up the way they they want to envision it. I'm not endorsing or criticizing their decisions until the final product of these actions play out.

But what I do endorse is the fact that they are doing it their way. No half pregnant approach, no melding of philosophies, this is all on them.

For too long we've had new coaches come in with tinkering of the edges approach. I always thought that in order to turn this organization around that wholesale changes were going to be needed to be made.

These guys may fail, these decisions may be terrible, but I will reasonably make my judgement after the decisions play out.

And what way is that ? it look like they are flopping all over themselves Lets take Vlad Ducassse , what scouting dept says that he is a credible guard? If you want to blow something up blow it up you don't give old centers 6 mill a year, when Groy was doing just as well ; You don't keep an old DT on his final year at 8 mil when the DL is just as dominate with out him.....yes I'm talking about Wood & K Williams you don't get rid of Reggie Ragland when you keep Matt Milano, Tanner Vallejo really did these two even play this preseason.... when a regime take over they need to have a winning templete. Carolina was a joke they couldn't draft a receiver to save their life and we suppose to think this receiver is the answer. I am to believe that none of the draft picks we had a year ago isn't good because Biily Boy said so. The couldn't keep talent is Carolina or you forget they let Josh Norman walk...There is nothing this clown show can prove to me they understand how to acquire talent. Talent wins not culture or if they were so worried about the 17 yr playoff curse they should have gotten rid of all players that been with the Bills more than 3 years they may be the part of the problem

Edited by liverpoolkev

im just curious why you think he is solid enough to play CB2 or nickel?

It was a pretty popular opinion around here that once he figured out the vision thing he would be excellent as a man cover guy. I didn't think he'd be elite but I think he is easily a strong contributor for most teams

It was a pretty popular opinion around here that once he figured out the vision thing he would be excellent as a man cover guy. I didn't think he'd be elite but I think he is easily a strong contributor for most teams

thats my question though... it all seemed like hope rather than evidence. He was beaten out at Nickel early on by Leonard Johnson. Then he was beaten out for a depth corner too by other guys. He didn't look good, even when healthy. I guess I could understand the opinion if he was a highly drafted guy but he wasn't considered a top prospect at all.

thats my question though... it all seemed like hope rather than evidence. He was beaten out at Nickel early on by Leonard Johnson. Then he was beaten out for a depth corner too by other guys. He didn't look good, even when healthy. I guess I could understand the opinion if he was a highly drafted guy but he wasn't considered a top prospect at all.

I'm going out on a limb and saying that most didn't expect to flip our (young, talented and cheap) secondary completely for a scheme that played to their weaknesses.

If we ran a man scheme with respectable pass rush there's no reason to think Darby, and probably Seymour would've been good players for us.

There's got to be a bit of whiplash in the fan base

Edited by NoSaint

I'm going out on a limb and saying that most didn't expect to flip our (young, talented and cheap) secondary completely for a scheme that played to their weaknesses.

If we ran a man scheme with respectable pass rush there's no reason to think Darby, and probably Seymour would've been good players for us.

There's got to be a bit of whiplash in the fan base

the poster indicated he would have been a solid CB2 or nickel on this current defense. That's what I was curious about. He certainly did not show that he could be. Perhaps in Rex's defense? We will never know. He only played a little and the rest is history. Edited by YoloinOhio

You are consistently a beacon of reason here, Yolo.

Dammit, that was extremely well said. I am in complete agreement with Klos63, I am both confused AND annoyed with some of these head-scratching decisions McD and Beane are making, and the fact that they are both newbies makes every decision they make that is not CLEAR cut advantageous for the Bills a WTF moment. They certainly are doing it their way, and there's almost a degree of audacity with every decision they make.

I desperately want the Bills to succeed, and I have been on board with the McDermott hiring from early on. But with every decision they make, it's making it increasingly more difficult to remain optimistic for our team's success, particularly this season. Like the majority of us, I will do my best to reserve judgment until seasons end.

With regard to this particular trade, I don't like it one bit. Even though Seymour has struggled this year, with injuries as well as some inconsistency in his play, I felt that he was solid enough to man either the CB2 or the Nickel corner position. Clay from what I've both read and seen, appears to be nothing more than a return man/special teams guy....i don't believe he's any more of an upgrade over Tate.

I guess time will tell.

I am starting to give up or lose the feeling I had when this staff was hired. They have made quit a few moves but none of them addressed our biggest problem which is RT. I was not at all happy to see B.Reilly got cut because it feels like sending Hogan to NE all over again. Now they get rid of Seymour who may have been someone to save our a$$es in case of injury or at least a good nickel.....for who?.......W T F? I'm starting to get less and less hopeful for this season....and it's quickly heading toward the dismay i knew Rex would bring.... Again W T F? This is starting to smell like a good piece of meat that was in the fridge is turning bad....Please God...not again!!!!

Edited by billsredneck1