Bills' Roster Cuts to the 53 Man Limit

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually it looks like he wants an entire roster of modestly accomplished 8 year veterans to me.

That didn't work for Jauron......it just lead to an inescapable brand of mediocrity.

I know the thought process around here is 2-5 wins this season...... but I would not be surprised in the least by a 7 win season, myself.

And in the process they would likely beat some younger teams that would surpass them in 2018.........like when Jauron beat the Jags and Packers at home and then those two teams made their respective conference finals the following season while Dick got his 7 wins again.

I think 5-8 wins this year.

Then next year with rookie qb likely similar. Unfortunately being either the 3rd or 4th qb off the board or taking all our trade resources.

Then hopefully a step up but probably not huge as we won't have near the infusion of young talent as expected by many. But it'll also be the end of the road for Brady (and who knows what the jets or dolphins will be rolling out at qb by then) so who knows what the division looks like.

I think 5-8 wins this year.

Then next year with rookie qb likely similar. Unfortunately being either the 3rd or 4th qb off the board or taking all our trade resources.

Then hopefully a step up but probably not huge as we won't have near the infusion of young talent as expected by many. But it'll also be the end of the road for Brady (and who knows what the jets or dolphins will be rolling out at qb by then) so who knows what the division looks like.

Peterman will be in his second year next year. :thumbsup:

The other thing Yates has going against him is that his salary for the entire season is guaranteed if on roster opening day. But the one thing in his favor is TT is also out right now. My guess is Yates will be on the roster today, but IF TT isready for next weeks game, Yates may be cut on Friday or so.

They should just cut Yates anyway even if PS isnt for Wenning. Only need 2 QBs

Ahhh so The lockerroom stuff big deal. Again how has he earned a spot besides being a former Panther

Just like Philly Brown

after Shady, JWill, and demarco, who has outperformed him, especially considering having to play ST?

after Shady, JWill, and demarco, who has outperformed him, especially considering having to play ST?

Banyard as a RB has.

Sorry I get it what Crossman wants Crossman gets and we keep alot of ST only players on our roster. It is Bills history

Correct Badol. I am no natural bandwaggon jumper when it comes to camo stara and pre-season heroes. If we still had Watkins, Woods, Hogan and Harvin as we did when say Deonte Thompson was waived a couple of years back then you understand it. He has bounced off the Bears PS and roster since and that is probably his level - bottom end of roster guy. That might be Reilly's too but you are not giving up a true NFL talent to find out.... you are just giving up a Philly Brown or an Andre Holmes.

In that context this is a bad, bad move.

Two of my favorite posters but I'm dumb founded by how much stock you guys are putting in this kid. It's just another solid camp and preseason performance against non NFL guys.

McBeane has said it's not tanking this year and it's blatantly apparent that they are going to grind out 6-8 wins. They are smart enough to know how a 2-14, 3-13 season would send their young careers into an early tail spin.

They grind out 6-8 wins and they will be praised for having it heading in the right direction going into 18' and having the ammo to get a QB. How many times do you imagine we are going to hear that in one context or another!? It's coming.

I wish they would tank it or keep some younger guys and think strictly long term, but I'm a fan. Let's face it, the better move for their terms of employment is to win as much as they and as soon as they can. These developmental projects with marginal ability have no spot on this 53.

Just don't ask me to explain that Vlad situation.

Edited by Commonsense