GDT: Preseason Game 4 - Lions vs. Bills at 7 PM ET

Yes. Let's do that. :blink:

I'm curious what exactly you expect McD to do?

To properly handle/balance the QB's playing time issue.

To have the team playing more disciplined football. Even though it's the last game of the preseason, penalties need to come down, and it's on McD to get it through to his players tonight that they still need to show some discipline, and not keep committing so many penalties, especially drive killing ones.

To coach his team to his first victory.

• Replies 613
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No. He's gotten plenty of snaps and will have plenty of mental preparation before game 1.

You only get 16 games. Each one is super important. Don't risk it.

I don't know if you risk playing Peterman behind Ducasse.

BTW my offer of free tickets still stands if anyone actually wants to witness this game live. PM me.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

BTW my offer of free tickets still stands if anyone actually wants to witness this game live. PM me.

Vlad the QB impaler. The man is the driving force behind the CTE epidemic

And what's sad is that McDermott really feels like this is really a competition at that position. I am beyond baffled at this, and wonder what the H E double hockey sticks McDermott sees that I'm missing. If he actually ends up starting Ducasse, I will lose alot of respect for McD.

What exactly do you expect to see? If Peterman plays it will be because McD thinks he still needs some "live" work. Aside from that, I'm not sure what "mess" you're talking about. They can easily put Wenning into the game and hand it off every play, which allows them to evaluate the OL and backup RBs.

Agreed.

It is also important to mention the McD surely knows alot more about TT than we do. Concussions can take a while in certain curcumstances, but the vast majority allow a player to be active in less than 15 days (from concussion to opener).

I think who plays tonight will tell us alot more about TT's status than "what we have in our coach" as previously mentioned.

It's like the EJ/Tuel situation a few years ago. Taylor will likely be ready week 1, but the coaches will probably milk the idea that he may not start all the way until 11am next Sunday.

Give the starters 2-3 series at most, maybe less action for Shady and Clay. Get Reilly and Thomas some reps with the starting unit. Leave Dareus out there a little longer than you normally would, since he got no action last week.

And what's sad is that McDermott really feels like this is really a competition at that position. I am beyond baffled at this, and wonder what the H E double hockey sticks McDermott sees that I'm missing. If he actually ends up starting Ducasse, I will lose alot of respect for McD.

I'll reserve judgement until week 1. I don't believe it's as much of a competition as perceived.

What, watching Jordan Palmer, Ma(x)tt Leinart, and Vince Young wasn't your thing? I frankly can't wait for Keith Wenning and a 5th round over-hyped rookie. It's going to be great. ;)

It's funny-- I feel like everyone on here has vivid memories of that Matt Leinart pre-season game. Maybe we were all watching, hopeful he would pan out.

I don't think I can stomach any more preseason games. I barely was able to FF through the Ravens/Bills game this morning.

It's like the EJ/Tuel situation a few years ago. Taylor will likely be ready week 1, but the coaches will probably milk the idea that he may not start all the way until 11am next Sunday.

Thanks for bringing this up. I agree, there is some -- all be it small -- benefit to keeping the Jets guessing.

Since it's the last game of the preseason, and given the fact that both Tyrod and TJ have legitimate chances of BOTH sitting out, I would be inclined to let Peterman play the entire 1st quarter and then let him sit. I think if the Lions were playing their starters, I'd play him into the 2nd quarter, but we know they won't. Although I don't want to risk him getting hurt, I'd still like to get him as many significant live fire reps as possible to get him ready for the season opener.

You dont play him at. all. Seriously. You don't expose your only QB to a 4th preseason game with your two other QBs in concussion protocol.

Give the starters 2-3 series at most, maybe less action for Shady and Clay. Get Reilly and Thomas some reps with the starting unit. Leave Dareus out there a little longer than you normally would, since he got no action last week.

I'll reserve judgement until week 1. I don't believe it's as much of a competition as perceived.

I hope that you are right, because damn near the whole world can see that Ducasse is a turnstile. However, if it's not as much a competition as McD is making it out to be, why continue with the charade of telling everyone that it's a "real battle" between the two of them? Also, if Miller is truly our starting RG (as he SHOULD be), why continue to give first team reps to Ducasse? That's taking valuable reps away from Miller...

By the way, all my fellow Stadium Wallers, this is my 1000th post!! Finally!!! After only 12 years!!

Edited by smuvtalker

Remember that he's a defense guy, so he's likely deferring to his offensive experts right now. However, I fully expect they name Miller as the winner of this battle after this game. It's no contest.

Just play Peterman the whole game

That would not be smart. Beyond just the obvious, that it only extends the time he is exposed to injury, for a few days, he was the only QB throwing in practice...supposing Tyrod isn't ready week 1...you don't want a rookie starting with a rag arm...no reason to play him the entire game. Give him a series or two, and let him sit after that. Throwing passes and taking snaps from a bunch of players that aren't likely to be there in another couple of days isn't really going to do much for him anyways.

To properly handle/balance the QB's playing time issue.

To have the team playing more disciplined football. Even though it's the last game of the preseason, penalties need to come down, and it's on McD to get it through to his players tonight that they still need to show some discipline, and not keep committing so many penalties, especially drive killing ones.

To coach his team to his first victory.

I don't know what "properly handling the QB situation" means. If Peterman gets injured on the first snap, then McDermott is an idiot, right?