Your favorite non-star/non-big name Bills of all time?

So the likes of Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Kyle Williams, Joe D, Shaw etc.....wouldn't count.

These are players that were contributors, may not have been a top contributor, but someone you always rooted for. Maybe someone that does all the dirty work and didn't get the accolades. Maybe players in which the casual NFL never even heard of.

For me, it's Carwell Gardner, Kurt Schultz, Brad Butler (hated he retired early) and Gabe Northern.

• Replies 212
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Beebe is a good one.

When the Bills played in the Super Bowl in Atlanta, my dad took me to the hotel the Bills were staying at so I could see the players in the lobby....I was 12.

I probably got about 40 autographs....included OJ. Ralph Wilson had his arm around me during a picture.

Beebe was walking by and my dad just said hi. Beebe stopped and talked with my dad for literally 20 minutes....just chit chatting.

The coolest one was Pete Metzellars (sp?)....I went to get a drink from the gift shop and Pete was buying a book. I just said "Hi Mr. Metzellars, I'm a big fan of yours. Would you mind if you signed my card?" He signed my card, my hat, my Bills banner and took a pic with me. He then asked if I was reading any books right now and I said whatever the school makes me. He laughed a little. He had these round glasses and spoke very intelligently....I was taken back because he was a football player and at 12 years old, you don't think football players talk like that. He reminded me of a college professor with the elbow patches.

Beebe is a good one.

When the Bills played in the Super Bowl in Atlanta, my dad took me to the hotel the Bills were staying at so I could see the players in the lobby....I was 12.

I probably got about 40 autographs....included OJ. Ralph Wilson had his arm around me during a picture.

Beebe was walking by and my dad just said hi. Beebe stopped and talked with my dad for literally 20 minutes....just chit chatting.

Beebe was like that all the time--he went to my church growing up.

Almost made himself late for a game one Sunday because he got talking to a youth group

Damien Covington. John Holocek. Mark Pike. And Josh Reed (underrated downfield blocker).

So the likes of Jim Kelly, Andre Reed, Bruce Smith, Kyle Williams, Joe D, Shaw etc.....wouldn't count.

These are players that were contributors, may not have been a top contributor, but someone you always rooted for. Maybe someone that does all the dirty work and didn't get the accolades. Maybe players in which the casual NFL never even heard of.

For me, it's Carwell Gardner, Kurt Schultz, Brad Butler (hated he retired early) and Gabe Northern.

Gabe Northern? You were a fan of overpursuit, lack of edge containment, and general incompetence?