8-29: McDermott Presser, Practice Notes, & Player Interviews

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Think this the one thing out of all things that people have been pissing & moaning about; this is the one I would agree with.

I don't believe anyone understands the fascination with Vlad Ducasse. It's one thing to favor a player because of familiarity, but his on field performance just doesn't cut it and it never has no matter the venue.

@TBNSports

Matthews' status for opener, QB concussion update, roster moves & more. @VicCarucci's #Bills notebook at [bN] Blitz: http://buffalonews.com/2017/08/29/bills-notebook-matthews-fully-expects-play-opener/

The Bills are planning to play Wenning and, perhaps, Peterman in Thursday night's preseason-finale against the Detroit Lions at New Era Field.

They would clearly prefer to give Wenning most, if not all, of the action because of the distinct possibility of Peterman starting in the season-opener.

"A lot of it just depends on how quickly Keith gets up to speed," the coach said. "It's a short week, so there's a challenge. But Keith's been in the system before, in Baltimore (during his rookie year in 2014, when Bills offensive coordinator Rick Dennison was the Ravens' quarterbacks coach). And that was the main attraction with Keith.

No way Peterman sees the field. It would be asinine to expose him to injury with Tyrod and Yates uncertain for week 1.

Yes, but if you read the 2 statements about Peterman & Wenning, if Wenning doesn't come up to speed and you don't want to expose Peterman, then who plays QB, Logan Thomas?

http://www.espn.com/blog/buffalo-bills/post/_/id/28839/bills-must-be-careful-with-rookie-nathan-peterman-in-preseason-finale

Bills must be careful with rookie Nathan Peterman in preseason finale

Like with Tuel in 2013, the Bills should be cautious with exposing Peterman to the risk of injury if there is any doubt that Taylor will be able to play Week 1. Even though Peterman -- a fifth-round pick in April's draft from Pittsburgh -- needs the game experience, the Bills need him healthy for the opener more than anything.

McDermott seemed aware of that point Tuesday.

"Yeah, we’re on top of that," he said. "You’re right on with that. It’s something that we need to stay on top of and get the best feel we can with respect to Tyrod and T.J. and how that affects Week 1. We have to monitor that very closely."

I think McDermott plays the starters for the 1st quarter as a demonstration of his 'adjust to circumstances' philosophy.

After that, puts in the new guy/pulls starters.

At most they may see a series, but i am doubting even that. Coach wont risk the injury to Peterman in a meaningless game against a bunch of scrubs\backups who probably wont make a team!

Did anyone at One Bills Drive even think to ask about Brady or Rodgers?

:lol:

Can you imagine how this place would explode if we have to start Wenning week 1 and he WINS?? The trade tyrod and start wenning bandwagon would be full in a few hrs.

Seriously?

I would still play Peterman at least a quarter. He needs the work, and should get comfortable with the ones. Then bring in Wenning. If Wenning looks good, I would cut or trade Tyrod (I am strongly hoping they do, because he can not play a lick in this offense) and Yates. And role with Peterman and Wenning. What do we have to lose at this point?

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I was right its already happening the bandwagon is on the road

Edited by Marty McFly